camoflauge- new and future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camoflauge- new and future

My brother (who just recently passed away) told me no that long about a project that he read about that had to do with a new form of camo that is still experimental that basicall takes a picture of what is in front of it and projects that picture on a sort of screen on the front of a garment that shows the immage of that making it appear to blend in with that material thereby making someone nearly invisble any thoughts?

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
    My brother (who just recently passed away) told me no that long about a project that he read about that had to do with a new form of camo that is still experimental that basicall takes a picture of what is in front of it and projects that picture on a sort of screen on the front of a garment that shows the immage of that making it appear to blend in with that material thereby making someone nearly invisble any thoughts?
    It would be great if they can develope a version that never gets dirty, dusty and is durable enough to survive the average infantryman or combat vehicle.

Comment

This type of camo only works when you're standing in front of the projector.

Comment

Camo with little mirrors all over it would sort of work too. Somewhat.

OK, here's a Multicam vs ACU group of pics.

Comment

Nice pictures i appreciate it, i wanted to point out that the new camos with sticks and leaf prints is very functional and good for hunting

Comment

Nice pictures i appreciate it, i wanted to point out that the new camos with sticks and leaf prints is very functional and good for hunting
            Tell me where I can get that stuff; I need some good camo for hunting soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
              Tell me where I can get that stuff; I need some good camo for hunting soon.

The camo i was talking about is available in most hunting stores i last saw it in L.L. Bean when i was in maine, but anyway i read somewhere that it makes you 75% less suceptable to being seen than with normal camoflauge

Comment

The camo i was talking about is available in most hunting stores i last saw it in L.L. Bean when i was in maine, but anyway i read somewhere that it makes you 75% less suceptable to being seen than with normal camoflauge
                That sounds a bit overdone. Traditional advertising specs.
                How much is it really more effective?

Comment

Always good add material. The question is 75% more effective than what, and in what environment?

There is no pattern that is the "Best camo" for every situation. What will work great in your neck of the woods will make me stick out like a sore thumb in florida.

And with all the "Blend in" talk, its easy to forget that most/all game animals are color blind. Now hiding from the Game warden is another issue

Comment

the multicam website
                    Optical camoflage
                    A webside dedicated to camo from all over the world
                    It is my understanding that Camouflage is not really meant to make you invisible, it's true aim is to break up the human shape. Via using Randomized variations of color the eye gets confused and If you are trying to aim Camo can make you think your target is closer or farther, going left when there going right and at night it can really trick the mind into confusing a Man aiming at you for a tree. The reason we chose colors for camo is to help break up the shape of a human even more in the hopes that it will really trick the eye into near invisibility that is also why snipers wear Bush suits.

here is an exsample of how camo works. Zebra are one of the most lovely animals in the world. but there choice of dress is not a accident. Zebra's primary predators are Cats ( BIG FREAKEN CATS!!). Cats are smart and good predators with wonderful night vision but that night vision comes at a price, they are color blind. So when a lion sneaking up on Zebra looks to try and determine the strength of the herd all he sees is a moving striped blob. he can't pick out individuals he can't tell a Rear from a head. True Zebra do get caught but those tend to be the ones who moved away from the Herd and the lion could see it was all by it's self.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran empire
                      the multicam website
                      Optical camoflage
                      A webside dedicated to camo from all over the world
                      It is my understanding that Camouflage is not really meant to make you invisible, it's true aim is to break up the human shape. Via using Randomized variations of color the eye gets confused and If you are trying to aim Camo can make you think your target is closer or farther, going left when there going right and at night it can really trick the mind into confusing a Man aiming at you for a tree. The reason we chose colors for camo is to help break up the shape of a human even more in the hopes that it will really trick the eye into near invisibility that is also why snipers wear Bush suits.

here is an exsample of how camo works. Zebra are one of the most lovely animals in the world. but there choice of dress is not a accident. Zebra's primary predators are Cats ( BIG FREAKEN CATS!!). Cats are smart and good predators with wonderful night vision but that night vision comes at a price, they are color blind. So when a lion sneaking up on Zebra looks to try and determine the strength of the herd all he sees is a moving striped blob. he can't pick out individuals he can't tell a Rear from a head. True Zebra do get caught but those tend to be the ones who moved away from the Herd and the lion could see it was all by it's self.

Get Some cadpat.

Comment

i've heard of a new type of camo that is for police and military use but it takes a picture of it's surroundings and the suit actually changes to that picture

Remember though this technology is due for the future (approx 10 years)

Comment

It's basically a projector that projects the surroundings behind the person onto the person (who's wearing a slightly reflective suit). It's very simple, but ineffective.

Comment

Is the Multicam going to be issued to the Army?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePlisken
                              Is the Multicam going to be issued to the Army?
                              No. they chose the lighter grays of the ACU

Comment

Working...
                              X