Foreign ammo supplies drying up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign ammo supplies drying up?

It's come to my attention that fewer and fewer people are stocking various foreign ammo brands, especially Wolf, Barnaul, etc. It seems that 7.62x39 is especially scarce for some reason. Does anybody know why?
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

I heard all kinds of rumors about the reason Russian ammo is in short supply. One was that they are selling to Iran all their production to make war against Israel. Another story I heard was that Venezuela's mad man Hugo Chavez is arming up with Russian weapons. I also heard that the US is contracting Russia to make ammo for the Iraqi army.

Whatever the reason it sucks having to pay more for 7.62x39 ammo or to pay $8.00 or higher for 9mm Makarov ammo. Last year AIM Surplus had Golden Tiger 7.62x39 ammo for $89/1000 rounds today they haven't been able to get the ammo or what they get is at a much higher price. They also ran out of .40 cal ammo which sold for $65/500 rounds. I hope someone steps up with inexpensive ammo to replace the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
      It's come to my attention that fewer and fewer people are stocking various foreign ammo brands
      Having trouble finding reloads for that Nebelwerfer?
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Hehe, still looking! ;)

Wolf ammo by the 500 round case has gone up at least an average of $25 for all rifle caliber rounds.
        Last edited by leib10; 04 Jun 06,, 07:58.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
        X