View Full Version : J-10 shooting down F-18

Ahsan
02 Nov 05,, 03:27
http://www.pak-defence.com/Stuff/1/200510312158530.jpeg

http://www.pak-defence.com/Stuff/1/200510312159050.jpeg

http://www.pak-defence.com/Stuff/1/200510312159110.jpeg

http://www.pak-defence.com/Stuff/1/200510312159190.jpeg

http://www.pak-defence.com/Stuff/1/200510312159260.jpeg

Its in the game... :biggrin: It can't be a reality. Can't expect J-10 to shoot down Super Hornet right now seeing its technology.

ArjunMK1
06 Nov 05,, 16:31
Ofcourse u cud see them during wet dreams Lol!!! :tongue:

Sameer
06 Nov 05,, 18:45
China has not even given the J-10 to Pakistan yet and Pakistanis are already dreaming about shooring down the Hornet because India may decide to buy 126 of them.

The J-10 will only be given to Pakistan once China test flies the next gen fighter the j-xx.

Until then FC-1s and other MiG-21 clones for you.

Neo
06 Nov 05,, 19:20
The J-10 will only be given to Pakistan once China test flies the next gen fighter the j-xx.

Really?
Do you have any source to confirm that?

Until then FC-1s and other MiG-21 clones for you.[/QUOTE]

Once its been modified by PAC with western avionics, it will be hell of a fighter.
Just wait another year ;)

Insomniac
13 Nov 05,, 16:08
The J-10 is slightly more manuverable than the Super Hornet, but F-18 is faster than J-10. It really depends on the pilot who gets the kill.

Ahsan
16 Nov 05,, 23:32
China has not even given the J-10 to Pakistan yet and Pakistanis are already dreaming about shooring down the Hornet because India may decide to buy 126 of them.

Your added in my ignore list. Pictures i posted was only for contribution not because India is buying 126 F-18s! Grow up!

Arjun stop trying to flame, stop using your sexy language taken from PDF lol Why is every indian getting pissed off by seeing my beautiful sig? :biggrin:

Confed999
16 Nov 05,, 23:35
Neat pics. What is the game? Nice graphics.

What is this supposed to mean?

Ahsan
16 Nov 05,, 23:44
Neat pics. What is the game? Nice graphics.

What is this supposed to mean?

Battlefield 2... the most classical military game ever made! :redface:

Confed999
16 Nov 05,, 23:49
Battlefield 2... the most classical military game ever made! :redface:
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

Ahhh yes, heard of it. :) I'm too old to play these games with you youngsters though. You guys kick my butt enough in Delta Force and Unreal. :tongue:

ZFBoxcar
17 Nov 05,, 04:12
That game looks so cool, I loved Battlefield Vietnam even though I was pretty bad at it (I can handle the ground vehicles all right, but never put me in a Phantom :biggrin:)...If my PC hadn't died a couple of days ago I would so get that game, but I'm replacing it with an iBook which probably won't be able to handle it (even if there is a mac version).

bull
17 Nov 05,, 06:47

Sameer,
there is nothing to be taken seriously here.Ahsan itself says it might not be possible in real life.

So who is dreaming, you or him???

bull
17 Nov 05,, 06:49
Once its been modified by PAC with western avionics, it will be hell of a fighter.Just wait another year ;)

How does indian Mig 21 upgraded with western avionics be branded "flying coffins", and PAF's Mig 21 copy with western avionics be "one hell of a fighter"????

bull
17 Nov 05,, 06:51
That game looks so cool, I loved Battlefield Vietnam even though I was pretty bad at it (I can handle the ground vehicles all right, but never put me in a Phantom :biggrin:)...If my PC hadn't died a couple of days ago I would so get that game, but I'm replacing it with an iBook which probably won't be able to handle it (even if there is a mac version).

try Medal of honour - european assault ( PS 2 version).Its awsome.

But there is no direct air action,we can only be a footsoldier.But its amazing.

Enzo Ferrari
17 Nov 05,, 09:07
http://bbsimages.military.china.com/1011/2005/11/15/240.jpg

Neo
17 Nov 05,, 12:46
How does indian Mig 21 upgraded with western avionics be branded "flying coffins", and PAF's Mig 21 copy with western avionics be "one hell of a fighter"????
This is where you go wrong!
JF-17 is not just another clone of Mig-21!!!!!
But doesn't really make any difference what Indian media reports about the project, it will be a 4th gen fighter.
Like I said, just give it another year.

Ahsan
18 Nov 05,, 02:00
JF-17 is in development stages just like LCA, but it still regards to be better than LCA, think like this. If JF-17 becomes equivalant to Mig-21 what will LCA be like. No offence in this, but its simply a reality. JF-17 is turning out to be what no one expected its getting some major updates that are one of the best in the world. AKA DSI tech, also there must be some numerous updates which are not opened to public, seeing that Chinese are building the plane pretty much. Even DSI wasn't announced until we saw it in the pictures.

But doesn't really make any difference what Indian media reports about the project, it will be a 4th gen fighter.

JASOOS VIJAY
18 Nov 05,, 08:42
JF-17 is in development stages just like LCA, but it still regards to be better than LCA, think like this. If JF-17 becomes equivalant to Mig-21 what will LCA be like. No offence in this, but its simply a reality. JF-17 is turning out to be what no one expected its getting some major updates that are one of the best in the world. AKA DSI tech, also there must be some numerous updates which are not opened to public, seeing that Chinese are building the plane pretty much. Even DSI wasn't announced until we saw it in the pictures.
Daydreamers. What info u have to say that ur china build fighter is not a mig21 clone.
Officer engineer has time & again said on the lines of fc-1 is glorified version of mig21. What makes u pakistanis think that a complete new aircraft can be build with 300 million US$[assuming chiana has given 150 million too]. Even our LCA has more than 1 billion US$ in dev cost.

Kid if u dont get this in ur brains, then go to ur web site & post 100 times that fc-1 is 70% of f16 a/b as some hong kong fuey was bragging & indian by the name samir got him packing from here.

Ahsan
18 Nov 05,, 12:19
Daydreamers. What info u have to say that ur china build fighter is not a mig21 clone.
Officer engineer has time & again said on the lines of fc-1 is glorified version of mig21. What makes u pakistanis think that a complete new aircraft can be build with 300 million US$[assuming chiana has given 150 million too]. Even our LCA has more than 1 billion US$ in dev cost.

Kid if u dont get this in ur brains, then go to ur web site & post 100 times that fc-1 is 70% of f16 a/b as some hong kong fuey was bragging & indian by the name samir got him packing from here.

If JF-17 was a Mig-21 clone, i wonder what F-7 was clone of! :eek: :biggrin:

My LCA is better than anybody.. keep it up your patriotism all the way kiddo. :rolleyes:

bull
18 Nov 05,, 14:52

Now this is wher you get me wrong, i wasnt mentioning abt JF 17,(where did that come from??) i am speaking abt what u said abt all those F 7s and others which PAf ahs.

Neo
18 Nov 05,, 17:58
Now this is wher you get me wrong, i wasnt mentioning abt JF 17,(where did that come from??) i am speaking abt what u said abt all those F 7s and others which PAf ahs.

Huh??! When Did I mention F-7?
You replied to my post nr 4 which was about PAC modifying JF-17 with western avionics making it a 4th gen fighter. :confused:

bull
20 Nov 05,, 06:16

Look ate the post, you cant blame me for getting you wrong.

http://worldaffairsboard.com/showpost.php?p=157654&postcount=4

Neo
21 Nov 05,, 19:15
Ok, lets forget it! :cool:

Jay
26 Nov 05,, 02:33

Ermm, best in the world?? what are they updating with? warp engines and laser canons?? Let the stuff fly first then you can claim its the best in the world.

Ahsan
26 Nov 05,, 04:50
Ermm, best in the world?? what are they updating with? warp engines and laser canons?? Let the stuff fly first then you can claim its the best in the world.

The diverterless supersonic inlets (DSI) have also been redesigned for the airintake in order to streamline the structure and reduce weight. As a result, the fighter now has an improved performance in high-speed flight and much enhanced stealthy feature. A large rectangular-shaped fairing is installed on top of the vertical tailfin, and there will be a greater number of new electronic equipments and sensors fitted on the upgraded fighter. In order to reinforce FC1ís land-attack precision, the new No.4 FC1 model is added with two LT2 laser-guided bombs.

http://www.pak-defence.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=558

Jay
26 Nov 05,, 19:26
Sorry, if it wasnt clear above, I know what DSI is about. Dont sweat. And this is built by a nation which has no experience in designing fighter planes (not the clones), even the J-10 is very new.

But even before it flies, to categorize the updates as the best in the world is like counting the chicken before the egg hatches.

Ahsan
26 Nov 05,, 23:01
Sorry, if it wasnt clear above, I know what DSI is about. Dont sweat. And this is built by a nation which has no experience in designing fighter planes (not the clones), even the J-10 is very new.

But even before it flies, to categorize the updates as the best in the world is like counting the chicken before the egg hatches.

In the defence subjects counting the chickens before hatching is always occured just like LCA, MRCA, and even SU-30MKI deals are not too far. ;)

Jay
27 Nov 05,, 03:59
LCA is in fnal stages like JF-17 and MRCA is still in the drawing board.

But MKI?? Are you kidding me?? :biggrin: :biggrin: Havent you seen MKI's flying yet?? Not those grainy pics that you claim to be JF-17. If you are really hell bent in seeing one, ask Mushy for one more Kargil, your wishes will come true.

Ahsan
28 Nov 05,, 13:15
LCA is in fnal stages like JF-17 and MRCA is still in the drawing board.

But MKI?? Are you kidding me?? :biggrin: :biggrin: Havent you seen MKI's flying yet?? Not those grainy pics that you claim to be JF-17. If you are really hell bent in seeing one, ask Mushy for one more Kargil, your wishes will come true.

They truely said right, some who dont understand, will always try to keep posting ********.

Just to make the above statement easier for you to understand. You didn't understand what i posted.

And for another Kargil, we all know what happened and who was asking for cease fire.

BTW: i did watch so called a movie Lakshya what a pathetic movie to show off Indian bravery, killing the soldiers after the agreement of cease fire taken place when they are moving across the other part of the border! :mad:

Jay
28 Nov 05,, 21:01
either you are or you are acting like an idiot.

MKI's have been already inducted in to the AF while LCA, MRCA and JF-17 are far from it.

As for Kargil, its a well know, pictured and documented fact that Nawaz Sharif ran to Clinton soiling his salwar kameez. So wake up from your dreams and say prayers to the dead NLI soldiers who got buried by IA.

And if you watch Lakshya to base your comments on Kargil, I will just say grow up !!

Ahsan
29 Nov 05,, 02:22
either you are or you are acting like an idiot.

MKI's have been already inducted in to the AF while LCA, MRCA and JF-17 are far from it.

As for Kargil, its a well know, pictured and documented fact that Nawaz Sharif ran to Clinton soiling his salwar kameez. So wake up from your dreams and say prayers to the dead NLI soldiers who got buried by IA.

And if you watch Lakshya to base your comments on Kargil, I will just say grow up !!

Look somebody still didn't get point right, and telling me to grow up.

I know about MKi, and i know how many are inducted, what i meant to say was will all the 190 or so MKIs will be inducted in the future, that was related to counting chickens before they even hatch, but sadly you didn't get it.

Lets end it here.. Dont bring Kargil, dont know how many young indians get impressed by movies like Lakshya.. Chill out! :eek:

Jay
30 Nov 05,, 22:20
Look somebody still didn't get point right, and telling me to grow up.
I know about MKi, and i know how many are inducted, what i meant to say was will all the 190 or so MKIs will be inducted in the future, that was related to counting chickens before they even hatch, but sadly you didn't get it.

Dude, talking about an upgrade to an non-existant JF-17 is not the same as MKI. MKI has crossed those stages. And in any war threat scenario, only the planes that are currently in service are counted, not the eggs as you mention. May be in PDF, they consider gazillion JF-17 in PAF, but not here.

Bottom line, JF-17 is still not in production, accept it and learn with it. And go easy on the world's best upgrade thing, its funny.

Lets end it here.. Dont bring Kargil, dont know how many young indians get impressed by movies like Lakshya.. Chill out!
Its still better than your (Pakistani) school text books!!

bull
01 Dec 05,, 12:09
I know about MKi, and i know how many are inducted, what i meant to say was will all the 190 or so MKIs will be inducted in the future,

Definitly yes,

Ahsan
02 Dec 05,, 02:03
150 JF-17s will be inducted thats what i read in all the articles, and i have confirmed it.

Under the 1996 agreement between Shenyang Aircraft Industry Company (SAC) and Sukhoi, China would build 200 J-11/Su-27SK fighters, initially using Russian supplied kits and later with greater indigenous contents. China is seeking to upgrade the J-11 with better avionics and weapon suites, and is currently developing new turbofan engine and fire-control radar for the aircraft. By 2004, about 90~100 J-11s had been built.

Dont you think same could be happened with IAF! :confused:

Its still better than your (Pakistani) school text books!!

Pakistan school text books!! Pakistan educational board has a lot better things to teach children then teaching about Indian-Pakistan conflict in history books.

I thought you guys used to say this to Bangladeshi people, now its us too? ok whatever you say. :biggrin:

Bottom line lets end it here, before further mis understandings occur, besides i dont feel like discussing with you.

Kid<2>Nite
07 Dec 05,, 16:54
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

Ahhh yes, heard of it. :) I'm too old to play these games with you youngsters though. You guys kick my butt enough in Delta Force and Unreal. :tongue:
===========================================

I play BF2 and I'm real good at crashing the Apache helicopter. My favorite is going in as Special ops and playing with the C-4. My brother and I were alone on our server, it got a bit boring; so we jumped on a pile of C-4 and set it off....we had a hoot of a time seeing how high we could blow ourselves into the air. :eek:

Jay
07 Dec 05,, 18:10
150 JF-17s will be inducted thats what i read in all the articles, and i have confirmed it.
Confirmed with who ?? Decide an engine and avionics suite first, then lets dictate the timeline shall we?

Under the 1996 agreement between Shenyang Aircraft Industry Company (SAC) and Sukhoi, China would build 200 J-11/Su-27SK fighters, initially using Russian supplied kits and later with greater indigenous contents. China is seeking to upgrade the J-11 with better avionics and weapon suites, and is currently developing new turbofan engine and fire-control radar for the aircraft. By 2004, about 90~100 J-11s had been built.

Dont you think same could be happened with IAF! :confused:
Is there any relevance to the topic being discussed. We were discussing about JF-17 being inducted in Pakistan. For the record, Su-30 MKI is being built in India. The AL-31 F engine will also be made in India. The production has already started their delivery with Russian supplied kits.

The first indigenously built Sukhoi MK-I was inducted into the Air Force in March 2005. The aircraft assembled at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Ozhar near Nashik rolled out in November 2004. It was the first of the 140 aircraft proposed to be built in India under Russian license.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/su-30.htm

Pakistan school text books!! Pakistan educational board has a lot better things to teach children then teaching about Indian-Pakistan conflict in history books.
Well, the reality is different, just query for Pakistan and text books in this own forum, you'll get to know what they teach outside of those elite schools in Pakista.

I thought you guys used to say this to Bangladeshi people, now its us too? ok whatever you say. :biggrin:
Text books and BD?? wake up, we dont say that.

Bottom line lets end it here, before further mis understandings occur, besides i dont feel like discussing with you.
Sure lets end it here, but if you make un-qualified statements like X number of aircraft in y years and its the best update available inthe world, get ready to take the potshots.

Ahsan
07 Dec 05,, 23:39
Confirmed with who ?? Decide an engine and avionics suite first, then lets dictate the timeline shall we?

PAF

For the record, Su-30 MKI is being built in India. The AL-31 F engine will also be made in India. The production has already started their delivery with Russian supplied kits.

Nothing new

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...india/su-30.htm

I already know that.

Text books and BD?? wake up, we dont say that.

Since when did you become "we"?

Sure lets end it here, but if you make un-qualified statements like X number of aircraft in y years and its the best update available inthe world, get ready to take the potshots.

Samething with you Jay, thats what exactly i am trying to tell you.

if you make un-qualified statements like X number of aircraft in y years

The production of Su-30MKI is only started in India, and it can't be confirmed that 190 or so will be inducted in IAF. Same like PAF, same like every air force. I have confirmed from the PAF, where did you get the confirmation of 190 Su-30MKi being inducted? Tricky isn't? So basically if you say 150 JF-17s wont be inducted, i will say the samething for Su-30MKI despite the fact that now they are being produced in India.

Jay
08 Dec 05,, 00:50
If its nothing new, then you shudnt have boasted about Chinese.

Since when did you become "we"?

I thought you guys used to say this to Bangladeshi people, now its us too? ok whatever you say.

We refers to the you guys you referred to.....plural...means Indians.

Samething with you Jay, thats what exactly i am trying to tell you.
I didnt post that IAF will induct X number of aircrafts in Y years, but you did.

Tricky isn't? So basically if you say 150 JF-17s wont be inducted, i will say the samething for Su-30MKI despite the fact that now they are being produced in India.
I'm not discussing about IAF or MKI here as I said in my previous post. Its about JF-17. An aircraft thats not completely developed, which lacks engine and avionics. It does not make sense at all. Its not tricky, its plain and simple. Finalize the design and lets talk about induction. Got it??

I know you gonna come back and compare it with LCA or MKI, but get it, this is about JF-17 and the supposedly world class updates to a fighter jet thats still in design.

Ahsan
08 Dec 05,, 00:53
If its nothing new, then you shudnt have boasted about Chinese.

We refers to the you guys you referred to.....plural...means Indians.

I didnt post that IAF will induct X number of aircrafts in Y years, but you did.

I'm not discussing about IAF or MKI here as I said in my previous post. Its about JF-17. An aircraft thats not completely developed, which lacks engine and avionics. It does not make sense at all. Its not tricky, its plain and simple. Finalize the design and lets talk about induction. Got it??

I know you gonna come back and compare it with LCA or MKI, but get it, this is about JF-17 and the supposedly world class updates to a fighter jet thats still in design.

hahahaha your so funny Jay give up now.

Just because its JF-17 it will not be procured, and if its MKI or LCA they will have the double ammount of fighters than expected. Dont fool youself. omg! rofl!

Jay
08 Dec 05,, 01:10

Just because its JF-17 it will not be procured, and if its MKI or LCA they will have the double ammount of fighters than expected. Dont fool youself. omg! rofl!

USAF is procuring F-22, PLAAF is procuring J-10 so PAF will also procure JF-17.

A little nitpick, JF-17 is still in design stage. Its got no avionics and its got no engines. But I got it confirmed from PAF, so its no problem. Does it make any sense??

You are god damn funny!! lmao!! :biggrin:

Samudra
08 Dec 05,, 05:57
where did you get the confirmation of 190 Su-30MKI being inducted?

A google will help you confirm it. :rolleyes:

bull
08 Dec 05,, 13:10

MKI is already in the airforce, flying and firing.If u dont believe us ask the USAF. ;)
And what abt JF 17?is it anywhere close to induction?its status is more or less like LCA, hazzy and cloudy.

Ahsan
09 Dec 05,, 17:42
MKI is already in the airforce, flying and firing.If u dont believe us ask the USAF. ;)
And what abt JF 17?is it anywhere close to induction?its status is more or less like LCA, hazzy and cloudy.

I know. I am just trying to explain what really is counting the chickens before they hatch, you wont understand it, until you read the whole conversation.

BTW: JF-17 is so ready! Look at the recent prototype CGI.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/cheenamalai4/pair.jpg

A google will help you confirm it. :rolleyes:

Yes same with JF-17. ;)

Jay
09 Dec 05,, 23:22
CGI :biggrin: :biggrin:

Whats next a scale model to prove its ready :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Btw did PAF decide on the engine and avionics or will it be inducted with out them?? :tongue:

Samudra
10 Dec 05,, 09:45
JF-17 is so ready!

Yeah, ofcourse! :rolleyes:

Ahsan
11 Dec 05,, 22:15
CGI :biggrin: :biggrin:

Whats next a scale model to prove its ready :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Btw did PAF decide on the engine and avionics or will it be inducted with out them?? :tongue:

Yar Jay, its a exact model of 04 prototype which will be flying, unless further changes occur.

Engine and Avionics is decided. 40 or so will be equipped with Chinese avionics(may be french) and engine will be Russian RD-93 or WS-13.

Yeah, ofcourse! :rolleyes:

Thank you for admitting at last! ;) lol

Jay
12 Dec 05,, 00:07
Yar Jay, its a exact model of 04 prototype which will be flying, unless further changes occur.

Engine and Avionics is decided. 40 or so will be equipped with Chinese avionics(may be french) and engine will be Russian RD-93 or WS-13.

I guess you have a new definition for the word "Decided".

Also can you tell me what were the other options before you/they "decided" french/Chinese avionics and Russian/Chinese engine??

Ahsan
14 Dec 05,, 21:06
I guess you have a new definition for the word "Decided".

Also can you tell me what were the other options before you/they "decided" french/Chinese avionics and Russian/Chinese engine??

RB-199

The RB-199 may be a good option but would need modification as its thrust falls bellow the RD-93 slightly. However, being a modular design & capable of modification, a derivative can be made to fit into the JF-17. Since Rolls Royce is the prime contractor then British approval to sell the type to Pakistan (whcih as been selling Spey turbofans for China's JH-7A 'Flying Leopard) make the RB-119 a very strong candidate for Pakistan & China alike as a replacement for the RD-93. In addition, it would be cheaper to purchase than other more modern types yet offer sufficiently reliable performance. With the arms embargo on China likely to be lifted, it's probable that the type would be provided.

EJ-200

Perhaps a little too sophisticated, the engine designed for the Eurofighter/Typhoon is one of the most powerful out there yet incredibly small & uses 1/3 fewer parts than the RB-199 & reduced fuel consumption, greater reliability & higher life expectancy. However, it is much more expensive & approval from EADS could be a complex procedure. In addition, allowing a derivative to pass to China may be subject to harsh scruitney

M-53-2

Good candidate, (especially if the Mirage 2000-5 was purchased to go with it) it would result in inter-fleet commonality. Given its age & the fact that like the RB-199 it isn't considered state-of-the-art anymore the chances of a licence build & enhanced derivatives seems tempting. However, it is slightly large & shrinking the engine may prove to be a challenge for the French to deliver on time.

M-88-3

Like the EJ-200 it is sophisticated & ultra-modern but may not be approved as it represents cutting edge technology for the French. May be considered if the Rafale was bought in good numbers but is unlikely that the French will seriously allow it to be sold to China which may result in production problems with the JF-17.

WS-13A

Main candidate, details unknown but it's expected to be the Chinese answer to the Russian embargo. However, it may take longer than two or three years. It's sophistication & performance are open to question.

By Top Gun

Jay
14 Dec 05,, 22:03
So, you havent "decided" it yet, you have just shortlisted, got it??

As I said, decide engine and avionics first then you can set deadlines for the bird to fly!! Sheesh!!

Ahsan
17 Dec 05,, 00:30
So, you havent "decided" it yet, you have just shortlisted, got it??

As I said, decide engine and avionics first then you can set deadlines for the bird to fly!! Sheesh!!

Chill lets wait and see. :tongue:

Jay
17 Dec 05,, 01:03
Uh..ok. that was objective :rolleyes:

Hopefully, you will not come back and say JF-17 has received one of the best updates in the galaxy! :biggrin:

Ahsan
20 Dec 05,, 04:40
Uh..ok. that was objective :rolleyes:

Hopefully, you will not come back and say JF-17 has received one of the best updates in the galaxy! :biggrin:

I will. ;) and we hope it becomes true! :biggrin:

Defcon 6
22 Dec 05,, 07:20
The Mig-21 is a piece of flying debris.

The J-10 is a piece of crap. If India buys F/A-18's, which they won't beause they aren't for export, then the F/A-18 would kick the J-10's tail fins right out of the skies.

cooldw57
23 Dec 05,, 00:59
The Mig-21 is a piece of flying debris.

The J-10 is a piece of crap. If India buys F/A-18's, which they won't beause they aren't for export, then the F/A-18 would kick the J-10's tail fins right out of the skies.

What the hell ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I work for the F/A-18 C/Ds group at DoD and I know for a fact that the hornets are 1) available for export to more than a dozen countries 2) aren't that much more superior than the J-10

Jay
23 Dec 05,, 03:03
What the hell ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I work for the F/A-18 C/Ds group at DoD
Eh? Really? What do you do?? :rolleyes:

aren't that much more superior than the J-10
Explain, how a J-10 is equal to a F/A 18 C/D??

One simple question....can it launch AMRAAM's?

Superhornet is way ahead of J-10 even for paper comparision.

cooldw57
24 Dec 05,, 00:07
Eh? Really? What do you do?? :rolleyes:

NAVAIR F/A-18 soft MC work and FLIR pod. My previous project also involves JACE, for air combat simulation

Explain, how a J-10 is equal to a F/A 18 C/D??

Superhornet is way ahead of J-10 even for paper comparision.

First, I did not say F/A 18 C/D is "Equal" to J-10, it's superior, but not by much.

Here's the unclassified data you can find anywhere online:

F/A-18C Max Speed:@altitudes of 36,089 ft, Mach 1.7 Can't break Mach 1 below 10,000 ft
J-10 Max speed: Mach 1.2 (sea-level) or Mach 2.0 (high altitude)

F/A-18C Combat Radius: 290 nautical miles
J-10 Combat Radius: Range: >550 km combat range, 3200 km ferry

F/A-18C Ceiling: 15,240 m
J-10 Ceiling: 18,000 m

F/A-18C Max g limit: 7.5 g
J-10 Max g limit: 9.0 g

F/A-18C Avionics: 5 MUX/6 MUX system depending on block number (I've seen 6 MUX most of the time)
J-10 Avionics: quadruplex fly-by-wire system, JH-7 Fire control system

F/A-18C AA weapno: AIM9, AIM120, AIM7 (being phased out)
J-10 AA weapon: PL-8 and R-77 (similar to sidewinders), PL-11/12 (AMRAAM equivalent)

Of course not, but can the hornet fire RL-11? or even the old school long range AIM-54 Phoenix that the Tomcat carries?

F-14 could probably kick J-10's ass, but hornets aren't all that great of an airplane to begin with. It's a mistake from the very begining (Not St Louis' fault but DoD's fault).

You mentioned super hornets, yes it's larger, longer combat radius, much better mc (and ofp for that matter, reduce cost), but it's even slower than the F/A-18 C/Ds.

Read this article:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3897/is_200206/ai_n9114018

One statement in particular caught my attention; a Hornet pilot was quoted as saying of his side-by-side comparison flights with the Super Hornet that "... we outran them, we outflew them, and we ran them out of gas.

cooldw57
24 Dec 05,, 00:16
I have been told this story by a harrier pilots back when I was working for AV8B: during an excersie the hornets pilots aimed at this target and dropped two JDAMs, all missed, then this harrier pilot (behind the F/A-18) turned on his T-Pod, released the JDAM, and got a perfect hit.

Not trying to say the harriers are better than the hornets, but you see my point :)

indianguy4u
24 Dec 05,, 07:00
Hey cool guy,
From where do u got the specs for j-10? Do post the link, it would be an interesting link to read & know more about the secret plane.

cooldw57
26 Dec 05,, 09:20
Like i said, the specs are nothing classified, a google search gets you 99% of the info you want on J-10

here are a few links I used for my previous post:

http://www.softwar.net/plaaf.html

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/fighter/j10.asp

http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/news095.htm

Neo
27 Dec 05,, 21:28
Like i said, the specs are nothing classified, a google search gets you 99% of the info you want on J-10

here are a few links I used for my previous post:

http://www.softwar.net/plaaf.html

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/fighter/j10.asp

http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/news095.htm

Great links dude thanks!
Btw, do you have links or info on the SD-10 BVR and WS-10/13 engine?