Whats the future of ammunition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the future of ammunition?

Ive read about all kinds of ammunations like hollow tips, incindiary (explosive slugs) and tracers (with phophospores tips that ignite with air friction) just to name a few. What do you think the future of ammunition will have in store for s*******.

Well, I'm hoping some one who is able to, will take his head out of his ass long enough to realize that the word S.H.O.O.T.E.R is acceptable and will fix the problem already.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

We will probably see frangibles sometime in around 10 years; we already have tracers, but for foot soldiers, we don't need explosive bullets (imagine the cost).

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
        We will probably see frangibles sometime in around 10 years; we already have tracers, but for foot soldiers, we don't need explosive bullets (imagine the cost).
        I think the Geneva Conventions limit military antipersonnel ammo to simple ball or ball-and-tracer.

There was a drive (at least by HK) to develop truly caseless ammo in the 70s and 80s, but I don't think they continued the program after the Sovs went belly-up.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
          I think the Geneva Conventions limit military antipersonnel ammo to simple ball or ball-and-tracer.

There was a drive (at least by HK) to develop truly caseless ammo in the 70s and 80s, but I don't think they continued the program after the Sovs went belly-up.

-dale
          The NATO-Unification program gave it the boot plus i've heard that the 4.7mm Caseless cartridges are more expensive to produce than traditional cartridges

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
            I would not give explosive bullets into the hands of the average foot soldiers.

The G11 with its caseless ammo were adopted by Germany for a short time. After the downfall of the combloc Germany didn't see the nessecary for such a expensive weapon/ammo because of the lack of the threat that the cold war could turn into a hot one. So they droped it.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
              Well, I'm hoping some one who is able to, will take his head out of his ass long enough to realize that the word S.H.O.O.T.E.R is acceptable and will fix the problem already.

I think thats very harsh. That is not needed especially by someone with the name bonehead

Comment

Originally posted by Ricola-Ranger
                The NATO-Unification program gave it the boot plus i've heard that the 4.7mm Caseless cartridges are more expensive to produce than traditional cartridges
                That's probably because they really haven't done much development on it. I'm sure that they can find cheaper and more efficient ways to manufacture the rounds.
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                  That's probably because they really haven't done much development on it. I'm sure that they can find cheaper and more efficient ways to manufacture the rounds.
                  They have done much development on it. Dynamit Nobel already started the developing in the seventies together with H&K.

Comment

Think about the weapon that fires it too. The G11 was EXTREMELY complicated, and it'd take a lot of work to make it less complex. Give it another 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
                      What do you think the future of ammunition will have in store for s*******.
                      Laser would be great: Highest possible velocity without loosing it downrange, no recoil, completly suppressed, no bullet drift, absolut accuracy.

Comment

there might be mini railgun soldiers can carry. it would be devastating. the gun would give soldiers a lot of range, accuacy and destruction

Comment

The power of the laser could be adjustable. Using lower power for a human to save energy and higher power for maybe even a tank if needed. A disadvantage could be that a laser could be easily deflected with a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt1
                            The power of the laser could be adjustable. Using lower power for a human to save energy and higher power for maybe even a tank if needed. A disadvantage could be that a laser could be easily deflected with a mirror.
                            mirror armor, which would bring back the need for guns 2 peirce the mirrors, thereby making a need for bulletproof mirrors (ie reflective bullet proof glass)
                            though flamethrowers would be very effective (melting the plastic and if glass cooking people like a roast chicken in tin foil)

Comment

Maybe using a maser could solve the problem with the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X