Legality of airsoft guns in Brooklyn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legality of airsoft guns in Brooklyn?

Could anyone give me a realistic answer to this question? I want to know I might buy a tokyo marui spring pistol from ebay. Besides which i would like to know the legality of shipping a pistol/rifle to New York specifically Brooklyn.

I don't know about any special NYC laws, but in the united states, the tip of the barrel must be painted a bright color to differentiate them from real guns. That was a result of a Cedar Rapids police officer shooting a robbery subjected armed with either an airsoft gun or a movie blank gun. Until they inspected the weapon, there was no way to tell that it wasn't real.
    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig
      I don't know about any special NYC laws, but in the united states, the tip of the barrel must be painted a bright color to differentiate them from real guns. That was a result of a Cedar Rapids police officer shooting a robbery subjected armed with either an airsoft gun or a movie blank gun. Until they inspected the weapon, there was no way to tell that it wasn't real.

Well yes that "blaze orange" tip barrel is federal law but ive been told that it is considered a prohbited firearm and i want 2 know if you guys know of any NYC laws about that. i know that realistic (non-working) gun repilcas are pretty much illigal in most circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
        Could anyone give me a realistic answer to this question? I want to know I might buy a tokyo marui spring pistol from ebay. Besides which i would like to know the legality of shipping a pistol/rifle to New York specifically Brooklyn.
        You could try emailing the Kings County District Attorney's Office or go ask at your local NYPD precinct. Im pretty sure its legal as long as it has the orange tip ... I dont see why it would be illegal. But then again this is liberal NYC so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
          You could try emailing the Kings County District Attorney's Office or go ask at your local NYPD precinct. Im pretty sure its legal as long as it has the orange tip ... I dont see why it would be illegal. But then again this is liberal NYC so you never know.
          I geuss thats what ill do

Comment

James,
            I am not saying your stupid, but if I have to ask a question like that, its time to pack my bags and move to a place where you don't even have to ask if a fake gun is legal or not.

Its time to put up a fence around NYC to isolate it and have a REAL reality show.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Allright... here's the OFFICIAL answer... after this, this post shall go to hell.
              Illegal guns are illegal only if you get caught with them.

Comment

Ok two things
                (1) im not financialy stable enough to move (debts), and i got to go to school
                (2) getting things mailed to new york that are iligal is a bad idea most importantly because most sellers are not willing to sell "less that legally" (just like mailing drugs in is another count against you in court its called traficing if its out of state)

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                  James,
                  I am not saying your stupid, but if I have to ask a question like that, its time to pack my bags and move to a place where you don't even have to ask if a fake gun is legal or not.

Its time to put up a fence around NYC to isolate it and have a REAL reality show.
                  the only reality show i would ever watch

Comment

Working...
                  X