Who thinks the glock is ugly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks the glock is ugly??

I know alot of people think the glock is reliable (besides the feed problems ive heard about) but i truly think it is ugly and needs a new design more lik the beretta 92fs design (which is the most beautiful pistol in my opinion) but i want other peoples opinions and pictures pleeeeeeeese post

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
    I know alot of people think the glock is reliable (besides the feed problems ive heard about) but i truly think it is ugly and needs a new design more lik the beretta 92fs design (which is the most beautiful pistol in my opinion) but i want other peoples opinions and pictures pleeeeeeeese post
    Well, first saying that looks count for nothing in terms of firepower.
    Then I'll say that the Glock is one butt-ugly pistol.
    After that I'll say that the Beretta 92 is overpriced, unreliable and bloody hard to get parts for (or so my local gunshop buds tell me)
    And then I'll say that the Beretta 92 is a real Italian beauty that I would love
    to have, just without the problems and hole in my wallet, so I'm thinking about the Taurus clone instead.

Then I'll go find my stash of Cheetos....
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
      Well, first saying that looks count for nothing in terms of firepower.
      Then I'll say that the Glock is one butt-ugly pistol.
      After that I'll say that the Beretta 92 is overpriced, unreliable and bloody hard to get parts for (or so my local gunshop buds tell me)
      And then I'll say that the Beretta 92 is a real Italian beauty that I would love
      to have, just without the problems and hole in my wallet, so I'm thinking about the Taurus clone instead.

Then I'll go find my stash of Cheetos....

i understand what you mean. in this thread looks only count guys
      but ne way want to hear the most AMAZING thing ever (that made me very jelous) a friend of a friend got a 92fs for yes i got the number rignt $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i know he said a guy just wanted to get rid of it, it was used but only for some target shooting on the weekends. damn lucky

Comment

I'm not a fan of the Glock's grip. It's the only real gripe I have about it. Looks have nothing to do with effectiveness.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
          I'm not a fan of the Glock's grip. It's the only real gripe I have about it. Looks have nothing to do with effectiveness.

But come on that whole rectangular design is gross, besides if you are spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on a gun you not only want top quality you also want something that looks as well as it fires. on top of that grips mean alot considering the comfort of the grip can improve your shooting capabilities

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat
            But come on that whole rectangular design is gross, besides if you are spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on a gun you not only want top quality you also want something that looks as well as it fires. on top of that grips mean alot considering the comfort of the grip can improve your shooting capabilities
            Well, one could make the arguement that aesthetics count for absolutely nothing when you are talking about firearms and other military equipment.
            Then there is the philosophy that says that if something looks good it usually works good too.

I am reminded of a humorous and facetious remark I read about the Boeing JSF entry. Something to effect that both Boeing and Lockheed's entries were top notch and so it came down to the fact that no pilot wanted to be seen flying that ugly-assed Boeing X-32. Just take a look at the plane on the left and see if you don't agree :)
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

You mean that ugly pregnant looking thing on the left? ;)
              Glocks are even more ugly than that, but if one was shooting at me with a glock I'd take cover ASAP. SiGs are what make me happy and what Id trust my life with. Keep your Berrettas.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
                You mean that ugly pregnant looking thing on the left? ;)
                Yeah, the gaping mouth looking thing they nicknamed "Monica"

Glocks are even more ugly than that, but if one was shooting at me with a glock I'd take cover ASAP. SiGs are what make me happy and what Id trust my life with. Keep your Berrettas.
                Ah ah ah! We're discussing aesthetics here, not firepower. ;)
                My roommate cop has a Glock, and so do most other departments it seems.
                Can't argue with the performance I guess. :)

Comment

Most of the departments choose Glock because of the DAO trigger (easier to train) and they get great deals from Glock when buying in bulk.

Comment

I dont like pretty guns. Doesnt seem to make any sense to me.

I think my Glock 23 looks just the way it should. Dark, austere, simple, aggressive... in a word the gun looks MEAN.

I love it. Ive had a feed problem only once, and I think this is primarily indicative of poor forearm strength and rigidity when shooting.

I love the way the Glocks look. They are built for killing, and thats just how they look.

Comment

When I play Counter-Strike I dislike the glock.
                      In real life, I know dick.

It is ugly though.
                      Originally posted by GVChamp
                      College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Alright. My first handgun (my only handgun....FINE...my only anykind of gun ) was a Glock17. I did not, and still don't, think it was ugly. I like the box-iness of it. It was easy to hold, easy to fire, not heavy, not so light that it was hard to keep stable either. It served its purpose; taught me not to be afraid of weapons and made me feel better about being home alone in a house in the middle of nowhere.
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I was under the impression hand guns were kind of a no-no in Illinois. Especially anywhere near Chicago. What kind of hoops did you have to go through to get one? I am assuming you went the legal route.

"it served its purpose"... What any gun should aspire to. For that glocks fit the bill.

Now I am wondering if Tophatter really things glocks are ugly or if he only has that "ugly"gun in mind when he visits. The glock would keep him in line, although I am sure he is a gentlemen behind closed doors.

Comment

I am sure he is a gentlemen behind closed doors.
                            Of course I am. A lady had no need of a firearm to get me to behave. :)

Comment

I was under the impression hand guns were kind of a no-no in Illinois. Especially anywhere near Chicago. What kind of hoops did you have to go through to get one? I am assuming you went the legal route.
                              Absolutely I went the legal route...would you expect anything less? ;)

The laws are more "restrictive" than other places...applying for an FOID card, waiting for them to okay you, more applying, more waiting, more waiting, more waiting. As long as you have been nice and sweet and never caused (known) trouble you are all good. But as for storing and transporting it - my gosh! They are picky. :)

Now I am wondering if Tophatter really things glocks are ugly or if he only has that "ugly"gun in mind when he visits.
                              From our conversation last night (I did not know this thread existed until then) I think he really thinks they are ugly. At least that is the impression I got... . I no longer have her, got rid of her when I moved to NC and have never got a new one. My ex-marine ex-husband did not want one around (LOL...ROFL). I think about it and bought a book with hundreds listed to compare, but just have not gotten around to it.

The glock would keep him in line, although I am sure he is a gentlemen behind closed doors.
                              Most certainly.
                              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
                              X