• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Media is Hilarious

Today' Reporter Paddles in Shallow Water
    Oct 14 5:25 PM US/Eastern
    Email this story

NEW YORK

If Michelle Kosinski's canoe had sprung a leak on NBC's "Today" show Friday, she didn't have much to worry about.

In one of television's inadvertently funny moments, the NBC News correspondent was paddling in a canoe during a live report about flooding in Wayne, N.J. While she talked, two men walked between her and the camera _ making it apparent that the water where she was floating was barely ankle-deep.

Matt Lauer struggled to keep a straight face, joking about the "holy men" who were walking on water.

"Have you run aground yet?" Katie Couric asked.

"Why walk when you can ride?" Kosinski replied.

Later, an NBC News spokeswoman explained that Kosinski had been riding in deeper water near an overflowing river down the street, but there were concerns that the current was too strong for her.

"It's not like we were trying to pass it off as something it wasn't," spokeswoman Lauren Kapp said.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/14/D8D824KO4.html

The video's on the net, but it's got so much traffic that I can't get it at the moment. Here's the link: http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/10/14/todayshow/ Again, it wasn't working last I checked.
    Attached Files

Dumbass media. What a joke...
    The MSM is about as reliable as the New Orleans levees...
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
      Dumbass media. What a joke...
      The MSM is about as reliable as the New Orleans levees...
      I was seriously laughing for two or three minutes when I first saw it. It's just so classic.

Comment

The media has honestly become a circus. This one upmanship as to who has got the better news report is going to lead to even greater humour. I can see only mirth,.....so enjoy!
        "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

As far as the American MSM goes, which is all I really have experience with, how does anyone with a brain really take them seriously these days? They are shown to be liars and fools on a practically daily basis - think about Rathergate. Or, my personal favorite, that laughably shallow El-Baradai --> NYT al Qaqa "missing weapons" story they tried to plump up on the eve of the 2004 Presidential election.

So sad.

-dale

Comment

Working...
          X