Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silencer for Howitzer ?

can this be true ?

it looks like the m109 howitzer equipt with a silencer. looks real but does a howitzer really need that and what logistic efforts does it need to place those monsters to their howitzer ?

anybody heard of it or has an answer

:)
    bichler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bichler; 12 Oct 05,, 12:27.

Originally posted by bichler
    can this be true ?

it looks like the new howitzer 2000 equipt with a silencer. looks real but does a howitzer really need that and what logistic efforts does it need to place those monsters to their howitzer ?

anybody heard of it or has an answer

:)
    bichler

Looks like a... you know what :P

Comment

oh ah sure i got it. yes thats what it looks like

if this picture is no photoshop fake than at least it could be a study but would they really paint a study in camouflage.
      Last edited by bichler; 12 Oct 05,, 12:37.

Comment

looks like a d1ck-looking measurement device... :)

Comment

i just found out that this picture is no fake and was made at the research institute of weaponry and ammunition of the bundeswehr in meppen/germany.

it`s a test stand for measuring shots, new rounds etc.
          Last edited by bichler; 13 Oct 05,, 12:21.

Comment

Sounds like a typical WWII German device: fascinating no doubt, but other than for testing purposes, nearly worthless in battle.
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
              Sounds like a typical WWII German device: fascinating no doubt, but other than for testing purposes, nearly worthless in battle.
              *sigh* OK, let's assume that it's only for test purposes and not for battle...i.e. it's not even a weapon? ;)

However, the real burning question was brought up to me by one of the most observant persons that I know: Why the heck is that thing camoflauged?
              Must be a law that anything "army" must be painted green at the very least. :)
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Old picture. This is an artillery range in Germany, in the middle of urban area.
                Silencer was built so they would not disturb surrounding neighborhoods.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker
                  Old picture. This is an artillery range in Germany, in the middle of urban area.
                  Silencer was built so they would not disturb surrounding neighborhoods.
                  are you sure ?

i mean the city of meppen is not in an urban area its a small village close to the dutch border surrounded by nothing but farmland and other small villages. i dont think they would build an artillery range into an urban area.

i have no idea but i think a proper artillery training would at least require position changing and thats not possible with that thing attached.

but really i am not sure (except for the location of meppen) and you sound really convinced about it so i could be wrong.

Comment

I think that is just a edited by a computer there is no way that it would be made because its just a waste of money a silencer slows the munition down below mach 1 so it doesn't make a loud bang slow down an artillary would have a horrible effect on the accuracy of the artillary and end up firing on their own front lines even though most modern wars don't have front lines. The point is its just STUPID.

Comment

Working...
                    X