X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy pig ban

Oh dear.

Muslims win toy pigs ban.

NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned from a council office -- in case they offend Muslim staff.

Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

From The Telegraph: Making a pig's ear of defending democracy by Mark Steyn.

Is it really a victory for "tolerance" to say that a council worker cannot have a Piglet coffee mug on her desk? And isn't an ability to turn a blind eye to animated piglets the very least the West is entitled to expect from its Muslim citizens? If Islam cannot "co-exist" even with Pooh or the abstract swirl on a Burger King ice-cream, how likely is it that it can co-exist with the more basic principles of a pluralist society? As A A Milne almost said: "They're changing guard at Buckingham Palace/ Her Majesty's Law is replaced by Allah's."
    Welcome to the Islamic republic of Europe. :)

Wow. Modern society confuses me sometimes. Whatever happened to, "If you don't like it, get the fudge out?"
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

How about some big ass churches or monastaries in the middle of Mecca where non-muslim people can worship freely? Nope. That's how "tolerant" they are. ****ing hypocrites.

Comment

argh this **** pisses me off. ****ing ***** ass europeans.

Comment

What the hell is this...i hate how we have to make so many sacrifices in the name of tolerance for the most intolerant people on earth. Can any of you name one Islamic nation that treats people of all religions equally?
          Since Europe is trying to be so secualr, it should do the following as well:
          Since the Catholic Church believes Harry Potter is evil, Europe should ban everything that is even remotely connected to Harry Potter. Heck, it should remove all books that are on the banned book list from circulation and it should remove all merchandise related to those books. Europe should also make it illegal to kill a cow in Europe. That is true secularism! While Europe is at it, it should make all history text book say that the Earth is flat and that it is 5000 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88

Welcome to the Islamic republic of Europe. :)
            More a case of welcoming the United Caliphate of Al Britainistan and Northern Irelandabad.

Some more bits of silliness over the past few days.

September 26th:

Tate Britain defends axing work that may offend Islam

October 4th:

Race fears spark St. George ban

Whatever next ……………….

A ban on the Union Jack as folks from the former colonies like myself might work themselves up into a lather over misdeeds during the colonial era?

Slip me the Koh-I-Noor , all will be forgiven and the Union Jack shall yet fly.

Take care though, not banning books that contain any mention of eating beef will cost a lot more.

Transiting back to the realm of the serious, political correctness has outstripped common sense.
            Last edited by Hari_Om; 06 Oct 05,, 03:18.

Comment

Brit govt have gone mad! They havent give some thought to french way of assimilating ppl of diff religion.
              Last edited by indianguy4u; 06 Oct 05,, 13:27.
              Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Hey, Piglet was my favourite chracter.
                Kinda stupid, non-issue to get fussed about.

United Caliphate of Al Britainistan and Northern Irelandabad
                If the current demographic rates hold
                "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Whats number of Moslems in America ?
                  Might as well as move there if every other place is swarmed....

Comment

Christian groups and tens of thousands of viewers complained to the BBC earlier this year for airing "Jerry Springer -- The Opera", a musical laden with swear words and featuring Jesus wearing diapers.
                    Obvioulsy muslims are not the only ones who use "political correctness". Though in the above case it is definatly justified.

You guys are far too politically correct. Do what we do over here when a fundo says anything tell him to go f*ck himself.

"Dogs bark and the caravan goes on"
                    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
                      Whats number of Moslems in America ?
                      Might as well as move there if every other place is swarmed....
                      Move to South America

Comment

Losers....
                        Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

A pig-headed decision.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

If you don't like it go home. I moved away from Canada and didn't expect to get poutine and Molson. I hate religion and am hating it more and more everyday.

Bible thumpers from all religions can f#ck off and die.
                            Originally posted by GVChamp
                            College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

What happens to that loveable pig - Porky Pig?

Also banned in the UK?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X