RAF vs IAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAF vs IAF

what do you think the result of a clash b/w isreali and Royal airforce will be personally i think RAF still have a training and tech advantage over isreali airforce

Originally posted by Wing-man
    what do you think the result of a clash b/w isreali and Royal airforce will be personally i think RAF still have a training and tech advantage over isreali airforce
    eurofighter beats anything Israel has.

Comment

How many Eurofighters are in service right now?

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
        Counting the single prototype that nearly shot down one of their own fighters?

Comment

Dont let this thread turn into EF2000 bashing ;).
          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by canoe
            Counting the single prototype that nearly shot down one of their own fighters?
            Never heard of it before. Is there any source?

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar

Germany has got at least 12 Eurofighters now. How many UK has got I don't know.

Originally posted by indianguy4u
            Dont let this thread turn into EF2000 bashing ;) .

There is nothing to bash about Eurofighter.
            In comparison with F-22 It's only inferior in stealth-techniques. But please not another aircraft comparison thread.
            Instead you should consider that Eurofighter isn't in full service yet. Pilot training is still in process.
            So the operational fleet of UK consists of Tornado, Jaguar and Harrier.
            >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

i think the Israelis would take the A2A competition because the F-15 and F-16 are better - from the ground up - air defence platforms than the Tornado, they also, crucially, have vastly more recent A2A experience than the RAF.

that said, if the procurement of the Typhoon and Meteor BVR AAM are considered then we could be looking at a different result.

in an air to ground role i think the odds are with the RAF - the Tornado GR4 with its vastly enhanced PGM and Sky Shadow ALCM has been a leap in capability and the RAF's SEAD capability (GR4, Sky Shadow and ALARM) is second only to the F-117/B-2.

in a more 'hollistic' approach i think the RAF is part of a more capable 'war machine' (vastly more powerful Navy etc..), certainly at a stand-off range, and that is how militaries should be compared - the end result is what matters, not which weapon created most holes.

both militaries are well trained and have extensive operational experience, so while this piece of equipment or that piece of doctrine might sway individual areas of conflict, in a simulation of 'full war' - unlikely because both states have large numbers of deployable nukes - i think that the UK would 'win' for two unconected reasons 1) its greater population, industrial base, wealth etc.. 2) because Israel is surrounded by countries that Israel fears could take advantage of an UK-Israel conflict, Isreal can never fully concentrate on fighting one enemy, it always has to hold back some reserve and look over its shoulder. the UK doesn't face that problem.
              before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

In a full war there would be a stale mate since Israel has almost no force projection and the UK does not have enough to invade Israel.

Comment

Israel get over 2$$ billion in free arms from the usa every year.
                  They fight and kill morning noon and night they have enough fire power at any one time to kick syria, lebonan,egypt,palastine, and jordans arses.they are quick flexible with loads of experience.
                  Their government is not run buy the tired sons of rich old men.their country is not run by multi millionaires from eton and harrow.there officers worked there way up through the ranks.
                  Ours are silver spoon and bottle fed.we send t/a soldiers to afghanistan after firing only 50 live bullets.
                  Israel would kick our butts from one side of the world to the other.
                  No other country would send 9000 troops to war with only 15oo actually doing the fighting.its sad but true every good thing about our country has been ruined by millioniare career politicians who have never had a real job and have no clue.the mod is a backward retarted department the same as all government departments who let down our troops year after year...lions led by donkeys.

Comment

(,,)(='.'=)(,,) is dead.

kuku was here.
                    Last edited by kuku; 07 Jan 11,, 04:58.

Comment

Well played, sir, well played.
                      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by enzuk View Post
                        Israel get over 2$$ billion in free arms from the usa every year.
                        They fight and kill morning noon and night they have enough fire power at any one time to kick syria, lebonan,egypt,palastine, and jordans arses.they are quick flexible with loads of experience.
                        Their government is not run buy the tired sons of rich old men.their country is not run by multi millionaires from eton and harrow.there officers worked there way up through the ranks.
                        Ours are silver spoon and bottle fed.we send t/a soldiers to afghanistan after firing only 50 live bullets.
                        Israel would kick our butts from one side of the world to the other.
                        No other country would send 9000 troops to war with only 15oo actually doing the fighting.its sad but true every good thing about our country has been ruined by millioniare career politicians who have never had a real job and have no clue.the mod is a backward retarted department the same as all government departments who let down our troops year after year...lions led by donkeys.
                        You're off to a fantastic start.

Comment

I sense a Gunny circling.....
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            I sense a Gunny circling.....
                            I think I like kuku's kitteh better. It's a nice change, anyway.
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

RAF is going to be down to 6 squads I read somewhere. What on earth are they going to do with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X