great news (for me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great news (for me)

Erm I'm realy nervous now and feelin all weird and tingly.
    Ok here goes, to all you good people out there I have just found out (today) that my girlfriend is pregnant............... :) :) , I'm gonna be a dad.
    Any friendly advice from my friends here .
    they have us surrounded, the poor bastards.

Good show, Man. Damned good show!

Friendly advice? Only one. Love them both.

Comment

Cheers sir

Thanks man will do, oh whats it like havin kids do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ARW_cpl
        Ha HA Ha Ha Ha HAHA HA HA Ha Ha Ha HA HAHA HaHa

How does it start?.....Oh yeah.....

"It was the best of times, It was the worst of times..."

And I don't know how to explain it to you, but it really is both. At the same time. There are days I get all teary looking at my daughter...and then there are days I get all teary because I am looking at my daughter.

Every stage of life kids get to (and I can only speak up to age three) you think is the "best one so far".

One piece of advice someone gave me that I thought was odd at the time: Don't Let People Tell You What To Do! Really!! You & Your Girlfriend Know Best!! Even If You Guys Don't Think You Do!!

I got so tired of mothers and mother in laws with their "Don't pick her up so much", "Why don't you hold her more?", "Don't pick her up everytime she cries, you'll spoil her!", "She's crying, why aren't you picking her up?", "You let her sleep with you on the couch?", "Babies don't need shoes, it'll ruin their feet.", "Don't let the dog lick her, she'll get salmonella." and my favorite one, told to me by my ex-husbands grandmother when our daughter was only 10 days old, "You have to leave her on the floor for a few hours and let her kick." I swear she said that. To this day I don't know how a 10 day old baby is going to kick, but whatever, she is an EX-in law so I am not going to worry about it.
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS! Like OoE says love 'em both and get as involved as possible.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
            CONGRATULATIONS! Like OoE says love 'em both and get as involved as possible.
            That is difficult not to do....As hard as it is sometimes, I'll never understand how people do to their kids the things that they sometimes do.
            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
              That is difficult not to do....As hard as it is sometimes, I'll never understand how people do to their kids the things that they sometimes do.
              I just find it unbelievable. The thought of doing harm to my wee nippers is beyond belief. Not that they don't wind me up, but I can always just walk away. I didn't know what life was about until my daughter arrived :)

Oh and by the way, the monkees might be bad but they ain't nothing to having to listen to the Wiggles on cd everytime we drive somewhere for the last 3 years.

Toot toot chugga chugga big red car....
              Last edited by Parihaka; 23 Sep 05,, 02:23.

Leibniz

Comment

I just find it unbelievable. The thought of doing harm to my wee nippers is beyond belief. Not that they don't wind me up, but I can always just walk away. I didn't know what life was about until my daughter arrived :)

Oh and by the way, the monkees might be bad but they ain't nothing to having to listen to the Wiggles on cd everytime we drive somewhere for the last 3 years.

Toot toot chugga chugga big red car....
                Oh My God!! Tell me about it. I took my daughter to a Wiggles concert last Winter and I found myself singing the songs!! It was horrid!!

Worse than that, there were two women in front of us there by themselves. THEY were there to see the wiggles. They were obsessed with Greg, I thought they were going to throw their unmentionables on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                  Oh My God!! Tell me about it. I took my daughter to a Wiggles concert last Winter and I found myself singing the songs!! It was horrid!!

Worse than that, there were two women in front of us there by themselves. THEY were there to see the wiggles. They were obsessed with Greg, I thought they were going to throw their unmentionables on stage.
                  LOL, my wife was bitterly disapointed because Greg wasn't on tour last time as he needed knee surgery..

Leibniz

Comment

LOL, my wife was bitterly disapointed because Greg wasn't on tour last time as he needed knee surgery..
                    The Wiggles without Greg...That's like the Monkees without Davy!!

Back to ARW_cpl....Don't buy anything Wiggles - You'll regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARW_cpl
                      Remember the 1st time you went on a night mission with real live ammo and the cold steel that's your only comfort and you know that there are bad guys out there. Remember the misty nights just right after the bugs got weighed down by the dew and every sound you made sound like a truck? Remember when you finally meet a bad guy and you control know every twitch of muscle and that cold steel rifle suddenly become hot?

Well, having kids is nothing like that.

Comment

Congrats ARW :). This is a great moment for you.Well some advice, pamper your lady, it will make her more secure.Spend time with her talking things that would have shocked you 10 years ago . Women get very emotional so be supportive of your lady.
                        When the baby arrives, help around. In 1 months time when the baby starts recognizing you and smiles at you, you will forget all the smiles form the damsels you saw before....and if you happen to have a daughter get one of these (I would love to install one on the balcony of my flat )

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Congrats man!, at least congrats now heh heh....

"It was the best of times, It was the worst of times..."

Hahahaha ain't that the truth!
                          Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                            Congrats ARW :). This is a great moment for you.Well some advice, pamper your lady, it will make her more secure.Spend time with her talking things that would have shocked you 10 years ago . Women get very emotional so be supportive of your lady.
                            When the baby arrives, help around. In 1 months time when the baby starts recognizing you and smiles at you, you will forget all the smiles form the damsels you saw before....and if you happen to have a daughter get one of these (I would love to install one on the balcony of my flat )
                            Where were men like you when I was pregnant? I'd have gladly traded in my ex for one of you.

ARW - Treat her like that and she will remember it. You will be the highlight of conversation while her and her friends are sitting around taking about how horrible their significant others were during their pregnancies...and man will that EVER win you points with her parents!!

Comment

Thanks to all

aawwww, thanks a bunch all of you, I thinks I'm gonna cry (im serious here yis are makin me all teary and emotional an that aint easy to do .
                              Will take head of your advice and treat her and the nipper right :)

P.S. I wont buy any wiggles stuff (dont even know what it is), hell even the name sounds rancid.
                              Last edited by Recon_sgt; 23 Sep 05,, 13:17. Reason: I left somethin out

Comment

Working...
                              X