Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micheal Moore follows Canadian politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micheal Moore follows Canadian politics?

http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.c...s/1318858.armx

Michael Moore weighs in on CBC dispute, calls lockout 'abhorrent'
    September 16, 2005

TORONTO (CP) - Famed American documentarian Michael Moore demanded Friday that the CBC drop plans to air this weekend his Academy Award-winning film, Bowling for Columbine, because of the month-long lockout at the public broadcaster.

"I do not want my film being broadcast on the network unless it is willing to let its own workers back in to work and promises to bargain with them in good faith," Moore said in a statement Friday.

"CBC has locked out its union workers, an action that is abhorrent to all who believe in the rights of people to collectively bargain. Why the great and honourable CBC is behaving like an American corporation is beyond me."

Bowling for Columbine, an examination of America's obsession with guns and violence, is scheduled to air Sunday night on CBC and a spokesman for the broadcaster said the documentary will be shown despite Moore's objections.

"We've promoted the film heavily and our audiences are expecting it to be on," said Jason MacDonald. "We will broadcast it."

Moore won an Oscar for best documentary for the film in 2003.

He used his acceptance speech at the Oscar ceremony as an opportunity to launch a broadside against President George W. Bush and his participation in the war in Iraq, which had been launched only a few days earlier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a better idea, how about the CBC doesn't show Moores peice and they egnore his plees to follow his whim. He isn't a Canadian citizen and I suspect if some Americans had their way he wouldn't be an American citizen either.
    Last edited by smilingassassin; 20 Sep 05,, 18:49.
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

"if some Americans had their way he wouldn't be an American citizen either."

If I had my way, he wouldn't be a citizen of any country.

Comment

Working...
    X