Strategy Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Material

It's sooo bad that http://www.adtdl.army.mil has gone down before I could rip it (think I should have). Though I have got the feild manuals Strategy, Operations, Tactics and some others.
    But they are too procedural with very little examples.
    Can any of the "Old Wolves" out here help me(suggest of course) with some good online or otherwise material about modern warfare.
    I'm reading Clausewitz but thats too theoritical. I mean some reading material with battle descriptions as examples or anyhting else thats IMPORTANT and GOOD.

Thanks in advanse.

Globalsecurity.org has the most public available materials. My own library consists of over 2 gigs of info.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
      Globalsecurity.org has the most public available materials.
      Of course Sir,
      The same site I read nowadays. The good sites are either going behind passwords or just down with time. The best I've stumbled accross was http://jkl.adsl.dk/library but it went down(I sould have ripped that, for other did and for that exactly it went down ).
      The feild manuals have very few examples(few good ones in Tactics) but are there other reading material with more examples of the theory thats being discussed? Something along the line of a book rather than a manual. With better explained battle descritions in the broader context of a campaign.

My own library consists of over 2 gigs of info.
      How can I get that......How can I get that....... :) ?

Comment

Originally posted by shakari
        How can I get that......How can I get that....... :) ?
        PM me with your snail mail address.

Comment

Originally posted by shakari
          It's sooo bad that http://www.adtdl.army.mil has gone down before I could rip it (think I should have). Though I have got the feild manuals Strategy, Operations, Tactics and some others.
          But they are too procedural with very little examples.
          Can any of the "Old Wolves" out here help me(suggest of course) with some good online or otherwise material about modern warfare.
          I'm reading Clausewitz but thats too theoritical. I mean some reading material with battle descriptions as examples or anyhting else thats IMPORTANT and GOOD.

Thanks in advanse.

Try reading battle studies that are publically available from

RAND
          CSIS
          Fort Leavenworth

to name just a few. You will gain real world tactical insights and not just how it would be nice to do something given the optimal terrain. Pick a particular battle, do a google, and develop the think tank web address list so that you can explore those sites. For example, Grozny will give you a good snapshot of the failure of Russian tactics in the first battle and how they got their act together to fight a planned, combined arms fight the second time around where they gave more than they got.
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

is there any way that I can get that information just through you guys?....I find it really interseting and it is something that I think I can use in my future
            The conquerer mourns, the conquerer is undone.

Comment

Originally posted by shek
              For example, Grozny will give you a good snapshot of the failure of Russian tactics in the first battle and how they got their act together to fight a planned, combined arms fight the second time around where they gave more than they got.
              Captain,

Could you give me the RAND publication link again, I've seemed to lost it. My thanks in advance.

Stratamir

The site you should concentrate on (since you're CF) is

The Canadian Force College, Army Electronic Library

Comment

Working...
              X