Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of some Chinese university campuses

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=216807

Some are top ones in China, such as Beijing univ, Tsinghua univ, Fudan univ. Nanjing Univ, Wuhan Univ,

Some are just average niversities in China such as Henan uni, .....

I haven't been in Chinese univ for more than 15 years. Things have been changed so much.

Comment

the construction style looks like they are following the traditional designs?? isnt it ??Not many floors either ?

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
        the construction style looks like they are following the traditional designs?? isnt it ??Not many floors either ?
        Not exactly. Depends on how old the campus is. For example, Beijing (Peking) university campus is old and you can find a lot more traditional style buildings. For the new campus, they don't follow the rules, for example, the Beijing Normal School, Zhuhai campus. The construction of the traditional style building should be much more expensive, I think.

Comment

What is the Harvard of China? and where do most top Communist leaders study, ie the cream of the crop.

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer
            What is the Harvard of China? and where do most top Communist leaders study, ie the cream of the crop.

Are you talking about Tsinghua University? many of the Chinese leaders came from the Tsinghua that is good at engineering.

In my mind, Beijing (Peking) University can be considered as Chinese Harvard, Tsinghua could be Chinese MIT.

Tsinghua built one pebble-bed 10-megawatt (thermal) nuclear research reactor beside its campus.
            Last edited by oneman28; 06 Sep 05,, 15:30.

Comment

Jiang Zemin was from Shangai Jaitong and I think Hu Jintao was from Fudan U..
              Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
                Jiang Zemin was from Shangai Jaitong and I think Hu Jintao was from Fudan U..

Jiang Zemin had been in Central University of Nationalism Party (KMT, which is now in Taiwan) for 3 years and then went to Shanghai Jiaotong for one year.

Hu Jintao came from Tsinghua.
                Last edited by oneman28; 06 Sep 05,, 16:42.

Comment

Tsinghua is a well known univ, remember an exchange programme in the US at Carnaghe Mellon Univ in computational Finance, very good students.

Comment

Tsinghua is a well known univ
                    Folks from Tsinghua and Beijing U are brilliant but they all have bad-ass attitude. They all think that they area cut above the rest and lacking even an iota of humility. From my experience, folks from Shandong U, Daqing U and even Wuhan and Fudan U are hardworking and very helpful. I hate the elitist fockers from Tsinghua and Beijing U
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Anoter interesting note is that I have noticed many Chinese nationals completing their masters in Canada when I was there for a few months, i was doing research in the Economics Dept in Ottawa for example and at least 70% if not more of the students were Chinese, not Chinese Canadians but Chinese international students from China. Language appears to be a big barrier though, they may be brilliant but english is still lacking, even the ones in canada, it was difficult to converse with them although in math courses they excelled.

Comment

Anoter interesting note is that I have noticed many Chinese nationals completing their masters in Canada when I was there for a few months, i was doing research in the Economics Dept in Ottawa for example and at least 70% if not more of the students were Chinese, not Chinese Canadians but Chinese international students from China. Language appears to be a big barrier though, they may be brilliant but english is still lacking, even the ones in canada, it was difficult to converse with them although in math courses they excelled.

For the English, it depends largely on the age. The younger, the better english they can speak due to the equipement improvement and changes of the exam standard. When I was in middle and high school, we need only read English and grammers. Now they need pass the listening and speaking tests too.

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
                          Folks from Tsinghua and Beijing U are brilliant but they all have bad-ass attitude. They all think that they area cut above the rest and lacking even an iota of humility. From my experience, folks from Shandong U, Daqing U and even Wuhan and Fudan U are hardworking and very helpful. I hate the elitist fockers from Tsinghua and Beijing U
                          Tsinghua students should be better in dealing with others.

Comment

Right the TOFEL exams are getting tougher every year, are there many English only schools in China?

where everything is taught in English?

Comment

Right the TOFEL exams are getting tougher every year, are there many English only schools in China?

where everything is taught in English?

Colleges have this kind of classes for making money. and many private schools are in this biz too. For example, New Oriental School is famous in training for ETS and other exams in China. Its revenue reaches millions of dollars each year.

Some courses in some universities are taught in English. More and more international prof. are working in China now.
                              Last edited by oneman28; 07 Sep 05,, 23:50.

Comment

Working...
                              X