US Military growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Military growth?

There has been a lot of speculation that US forces are streched to thin, now I wouldn't say its to thin but I would rather like to think our forces are just to overtasked. I believe the Special Forces are overstreched and it is clear we need more.

But the question is, will we ever expand our military size in the near future to face the imminient threats, and the future threats?

If we ever did soon, how much more military personnel will we need?

I think we definitely need more special forces.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Definitely, thats for sure.

Most of the Spec Ops are in Iraq searching for Saddam from what I've heard. And most of these were pulled out of Afghanistan, and we definitely need to find Osama bin Laden.

It gets me, where are these Al-Qaida pricks? We haven't been hearing to much about them but them reforming, and making threats.

Comment

You'll hear plenty about them when they blow something up.

Just be patient.

The US has a SpecOps community around 65,000.

What we really need is more heavy transports, IMO.

Comment

You know, the SAS and the JTF II made my life a living hell in UNPROFOR. When they're part of my roster, they're not. They spend their time doing push ups and sleeping, ignoring the work that they're supposed to do as demanded by the billet. Instead, the rest of my troop have to compensate for their non-functional role.

And when they do take off, they do so without my knowing and sometimes, without the battle group knowing (answering to Sector), and create all sorts of noise and racket and in the morning, guess who the locals come looking to get even? It ain't them because the locals don't see them. It's us because we're visible.

The US forces ain't overtasked nor over-stretched. Just that they haven't made the painful migration to bde that everybody else in the world has.

Comment

SpecOps boys do tend to play by their own set of rules.

They see the details and taskings as nonsense, which of course pisses off the 'regulars'.

Just one of those things i guess.

Comment

Talking about Special Forces, isn't Task Force 20 filled with Delta Force, and CIA operatives?

Comment

LOL, if i knew what TF20 was, i'd tell you. ;)

Comment

8) lol...Task Force 20 seems pretty badass though...

I would hate to be Saddam...

Comment

Re: US Military growth?

Originally posted by BUFFB52
                    There has been a lot of speculation that US forces are streched to thin, now I wouldn't say its to thin but I would rather like to think our forces are just to overtasked. I believe the Special Forces are overstreched and it is clear we need more.

But the question is, will we ever expand our military size in the near future to face the imminient threats, and the future threats?

If we ever did soon, how much more military personnel will we need?
                    Isent the military getting more recruits because of 9/11 and the bad economy?

Comment

Some but so far as I know most recruiters are still under quotas
                      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

I saw an article in my local newspaper about 2 weeks ago that said more people then usual are joining the military

Comment

That may well be the case but back in 98 some of the numbers i saw had Recruiting only getting about 60% of their goals. (that may have included retention as well though).
                          Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

if they really want more people, they should raise the pay.

Comment

Conscription!!!
                              Pa'am Tzanhan, Tamid Tzanhan.

Comment

Working...
                              X