PDA

View Full Version : Tanks, Fire & Planes - What More Do You Need?

THL
27 Aug 05,, 07:27
While looking for pictures of Marine Corps Swamp Men for another thread, I came across these and some were too beautiful I could not resist sharing. Links to the pages are included in order:

Caption:
A platoon of M1A1 Abrams main battle tanks rest silently under the clear Mojave Desert night skies, giving the ambience of the high desolate wilderness a hiatus from the havoc of gunnery training. Third Platoon, along with the battalion master gunner and the company commander, Delta Company, 1st Tank Battalion, executed their scheduled gunnery qualification at Combat Center Range 500 Aug. 16 to 20.
Photo by: Pfc. Michael S. Cifuentes
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/Lookup/2005826174611?opendocument

Caption:
A fire rages through a training container, as cadets from the Glendale Arroyo Seco Fire Academy, Glendale, Calif., and firefighters from Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Fire Station 61 team up Aug. 14 for flashover training, an opportunity most cadets will not get from their academy.
Photo by: courtesy of Glendale Arroyo Seco Fire Academy
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/Lookup/2005825174057?opendocument

Caption:
Capt. Michael P. Major, Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 212 embark officer, passes over Ayers Rock, Uluru, Australia’s most famous natural landmark, during a long-range power projection strike exercise, July 29.
Photo by: Maj. Jon D. Rabine
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/Lookup/2005814192412?opendocument

giggs88
27 Aug 05,, 07:30
Hot damn, the first two are pretty nice. Especially the first one. The second ones looks like something from a Star Wars movie.

What Marine swamp men are you looking for? :confused:

THL
27 Aug 05,, 07:37
I thought the 2nd one looked more like Backdraft.

The swamp men in question are the ones being discussed on the "Are the Marines Still Part of the Navy" thread.

TopHatter
27 Aug 05,, 22:14
What Marine swamp men are you looking for? :confused:

She has her own carefree way of describing things as she sees them.
Especially note that anything and everything are described as "little"

Marine Corps cover: "that little hat"

Kriegsmarine Type IXC U-boat: "that little boat"

58,000 ton United States battleship: "that little boat"

177' long Mach 2 Soviet Tu-160 Blackjack bomber: "that little plane"

Guys, I am reminded every day of the little things that allowed her to steal my heart away 7 years ago.....then throw it in a blender and hit "frappe"

And I wouldnt change a thing... :redface:

THL
27 Aug 05,, 23:01
She has her own carefree way of describing things as she sees them.
Especially note that anything and everything are described as "little"

Kriegsmarine Type IXC U-boat: "that little boat"
58,000 ton United States battleship: "that little boat"
Let's get it right, TopHat. I have the decency to refer to battleships as "those little ships"...not boats...and U-Boats as "those little submarine boats"...GOSH! Talk about putting words into someones mouth.

177' long Mach 2 Soviet Tu-160 Blackjack bomber: "that little plane"
Is that the cute little plane with the little smile? :tongue:

TopHatter
27 Aug 05,, 23:41
Let's get it right, TopHat. I have the decency to refer to battleships as "those little ships"...not boats...and U-Boats as "those little submarine boats"...GOSH! Talk about putting words into someones mouth.

A recent development but I still apologize anyway :biggrin:

Is that the cute little plane with the little smile? :tongue:

*sigh* No, that's an A-10. :frown:

What was it you said about them? Wish I could remember...something about lipstick? :confused:

THL
28 Aug 05,, 03:08
*sigh* No, that's an A-10. :frown:

What was it you said about them? Wish I could remember...something about lipstick? :confused:
TopHat, that was a private conversation! :tongue:

Julie
28 Aug 05,, 03:22
I get the feeling I should have knocked before I came into this room. :tongue:

Bill
28 Aug 05,, 03:23
Don't be talking trash about the almighty A-10 Warthog. :mad:

"Ugly, but well hung". :)

THL
28 Aug 05,, 03:29
"Ugly, but well hung".
Ladies, write that one down!!

There will be some situation at some point in all our lives that we will be able to use it.

Julie
28 Aug 05,, 04:06
Noted. ;)