Su-37 vs Su-30MKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Su-37 vs Su-30MKI

Hi, i am wondering which one is better. I have heard a lot of people claiming that the Su-37 is better than the MKI...but based on the following website, the MKI is much better.

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/info-su30mki.html

I personally feel that hte Su-30MKI is much better than the 37 for the following reasons, but people in some other forums have disagreed with me on these.

Su-30MKI has:

Much better radars(has a nose mounted Israeli radar and it has the same radar as the Su-37 mounted in the rear).
    Much better avionics.
    Much better cockpit and cockpit interface.
    3d TVC while the Su-37 only has 2d tvc
    Stronger airframe(higher percentage of composites)
    Basically, the Su-30MKI has every feature of the Su-37 and much more.

What do you guys think? Is the site provided above correct?

Su37 has 3d TVC too.

Comment

Originally posted by DalerMehndi
      Hi, i am wondering which one is better. I have heard a lot of people claiming that the Su-37 is better than the MKI...but based on the following website, the MKI is much better.

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/info-su30mki.html

I personally feel that hte Su-30MKI is much better than the 37 for the following reasons, but people in some other forums have disagreed with me on these.

Su-30MKI has:

Much better radars(has a nose mounted Israeli radar and it has the same radar as the Su-37 mounted in the rear).
      Much better avionics.
      Much better cockpit and cockpit interface.
      3d TVC while the Su-37 only has 2d tvc
      Stronger airframe(higher percentage of composites)
      Basically, the Su-30MKI has every feature of the Su-37 and much more.

What do you guys think? Is the site provided above correct?
      the MKI dsnt have an israeli radar . its still N 011M Bars but with better transcievers & newer & more powerful radar computer( made in india).
      The big edge with MKI is that its in production while not a single peice of SU37 is delivered to any AF in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by hello
        Su37 has 3d TVC too.
        Actually u cannot even call the MKI TVC to be pure 3D. it just can move along two axis. The pure 3TVC aircraft is yet to be seen in production. (is there any pure 3D TVC nozzle tested ??) ..
        from what i read (years ago.. ) SU37 contained only a single axis TVC. Can u please verify it for me with a link.
        Last edited by ajaybhutani; 29 Aug 05,, 09:30.

Comment

But su-37 is a MR fighter, while our mki is primarily air def fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by JASOOS VIJAY
            But su-37 is a MR fighter, while our mki is primarily air def fighter.
            please recheck ur sources.

Comment

Originally posted by hello
              Su37 has 3d TVC too.
              It only has 2d TVC.

Comment

MKI vs Su-37, the edge goes to the MKI due to 2 pilots I guess, both planes are quite similar in all respects. The latest tech of Su-37 was used on the MKI afterall. Its almost the same bird.

Comment

Wasn't a lot of the tech from the Su-37 upgraded or repalced with better tech before going into the Su-30MKI?

Comment

Originally posted by VayuSena
                    Wasn't a lot of the tech from the Su-37 upgraded or repalced with better tech before going into the Su-30MKI?
                    it surely was. Futhermore a lot did come from non russian sources too(in cases where russian tech wasnt good nough)..
                    the comparison of the two planes is itself not quite right as one is in production for years now while other one is nowhere near production.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                      it surely was. Futhermore a lot did come from non russian sources too(in cases where russian tech wasnt good nough)..
                      the comparison of the two planes is itself not quite right as one is in production for years now while other one is nowhere near production.
                      Yeah, i think the Su-37 was only a tech demonstrator.

Comment

well,there are similar features between su 30mki & su-37 but su30mki has the problem of high rcs

Comment

Sagar, you really should read the Survival Guide.

Comment

I did not understand anything

I did not understand anything?

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                              Sagar, you really should read the Survival Guide.
                              Never resurrect the dead for it might eat your brains?

Comment

Working...
                              X