PDA

View Full Version : I laughed so hard when I saw this on FOX

Leader
21 Aug 05,, 22:33
Video: http://thepoliticalteen.com/video/dmwfox.wmv

Transrcipt:

WILSON: Finally, I had to shake my head in disbelief at this bit of tape from our FOX affiliate in Phoenix. The cameraman was sent out to talk to anti-war protesters gathered to show solidarity with Cindy Sheehan (search). And he ran into one fellow who had issues about talking to anyone from Fox News.

LEFT WING LOON: Im not talking to anybody from FOX. (WHY?) If you dont know by now, then theres nothing I can say that will help you. And I work for the news agency, as a matter of fact.

WILSON: He works at a news agency and hes participating in an anti-war protester. And he thinks that is fair and balanced.

hat tip: http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/08/20/nofoxforyou/

Su-47MKI
22 Aug 05,, 03:31
Fox being fair and balanced is an oxymoron. If it is so fair and balanced, why are the only people who watch it hard core right wingers?

Leader
22 Aug 05,, 03:37
Fox being fair and balanced is an oxymoron. If it is so fair and balanced, why are the only people who watch it hard core right wingers?

That's completely illogical. While having the added benefit of being false. Not to mention being off topic. Even if all that is completely false, it still doesn't justify rampant lefty bias in the press. Specifically this FoMo whos supposed to be objective participating in a partisan protest.

Confed999
22 Aug 05,, 04:35
Fox being fair and balanced is an oxymoron.
I've yet to see anything in the "news" part, that was overtly biased. Most of the editorialists are righties, but they aren't "news". I mean look instead at Rather, a so called main stream player and he wasn't even close. He was "news" too. Maybe you could share some unfair and unbalanced "news" from Fox. Either way, that wasn't his point, the point was someone at a protest claims to work in "news" but won't talk to Fox because they aren't fair...

giggs88
22 Aug 05,, 06:33
I can't watch the video.

And there is no news network that isn't biased. Fox on the very right and MSNBC on the extreme left. CNN is bearable, but still a leftie network.

Leader
22 Aug 05,, 06:58
I can't watch the video.

Yeah it was hotlinked so someone probably killed it.

And there is no news network that isn't biased. Fox on the very right and MSNBC on the extreme left. CNN is bearable, but still a leftie network.

I think CNN is farther left then MSNBC. But I'm still more inclined to watch CNN over MSNBC because at least they try to produce a professional product. MSNBC is full of goofballs like Chris Matthews. I really don't watch that much FOX either. Their afternoon programming is pretty good, but O'Reilly is a moron, Hannity & Colmes is the same partisan mud fight every night, and On the Record is never about anything important.

Su-47MKI
22 Aug 05,, 16:49
"Fox news live" has a clear bias towards the right wing, Shephard Smith is biased towards the right, O' Reilly clearly is(Leader, thank you for acknowledging that he's a moron) and Brit Hume is biased towards the right.

As for MSNBC, it is pretty balanced. There are an equal number of shows with a conservative view point and a liberal view point.

This whole "liberal media" thing is bs. COnservatives just accuse anything that doesn't fully agree with hteir views of being liberal.

Also, how is CNN liberal? Most of their hosts refuse to take sides on issues and tehy ussually criticize both the left and the right.

Vaman
22 Aug 05,, 18:07
LEFT WING LOON: Im not talking to anybody from FOX. (WHY?) If you dont know by now, then theres nothing I can say that will help you. And I work for the news agency, as a matter of fact.

WILSON: He works at a news agency and hes participating in an anti-war protester. And he thinks that is fair and balanced.

Err.. whats wrong with this guy protesting against the war AND working for a news agency?
Whats to say that any of his beliefs may have compromised his professional standards?
On the other hand, Fox has all these idiots like Bill O'Reilly who shame-facedly lie. Just the presence of people like him doing anything remotely close to news events destroys the credibility of the channel.
And this a completely neutral perspective.

Bill
22 Aug 05,, 18:47
"If it is so fair and balanced, why are the only people who watch it hard core right wingers?"

If only hardcore right wingers watch it, why is it the #1 newschannel in America?

Ah....

TopHatter
22 Aug 05,, 19:07
I'll say it again: Fox New Channel's claim of fair and balanced is rank bullshyt.
Their motto should be what they are: "Our right-wing balances the rest of the left-wing media"

Interestingly, my beloved THL prefers FNC over the rest of the bunch :biggrin:

Trooth
22 Aug 05,, 19:33
He didn't say what he did in the "news agency". Perhaps always handing people their coffee with his right hand got him his job.

Leader
22 Aug 05,, 20:39
Err.. whats wrong with this guy protesting against the war AND working for a news agency?

The problem is that the guy is a hypocrite. He says he won't talk to FOX assumably because he thinks theyre biased. Meanwhile, he works for a news agency and is participating in a partisan protest.

Whats to say that any of his beliefs may have compromised his professional standards?

Why should I believe anything he reports about Iraq? He has a built in motive to deceive.

On the other hand, Fox has all these idiots like Bill O'Reilly who shame-facedly lie. Just the presence of people like him doing anything remotely close to news events destroys the credibility of the channel.

It's editorial content. You don't like the guy? Don't watch. I don't.

And this a completely neutral perspective.

BS

Leader
22 Aug 05,, 20:43
"Fox news live" has a clear bias towards the right wing, Shephard Smith is biased towards the right, O' Reilly clearly is(Leader, thank you for acknowledging that he's a moron) and Brit Hume is biased towards the right.

As for MSNBC, it is pretty balanced. There are an equal number of shows with a conservative view point and a liberal view point.

This whole "liberal media" thing is bs. COnservatives just accuse anything that doesn't fully agree with hteir views of being liberal.

Also, how is CNN liberal? Most of their hosts refuse to take sides on issues and tehy ussually criticize both the left and the right.

off topic

Leader
22 Aug 05,, 20:44
He didn't say what he did in the "news agency". Perhaps always handing people their coffee with his right hand got him his job.

Quite the optimist aren't you.

TopHatter
22 Aug 05,, 21:41

Regardless, he came off looking pretty shabby, even without the follow-up commentary by FNC.
I sure as heck wouldnt want to get my news from him, even if I was a antiwar left-winger.

Media types don't belong at anti or pro war rallies as participants...

That's for Hollywood types.

Su-47MKI
22 Aug 05,, 23:49
Yes, thank God hollywood is liberal. At least some people in America have brains.

Leader
23 Aug 05,, 00:23
Yes, thank God hollywood is liberal. At least some people in America have brains.

I'm reporting this post too.

platinum786
23 Aug 05,, 12:21
fox news is funny.....does nobody else find the loudness of it amusing?

Watch the BBC and then fox, u'll crack up!!

giggs88
23 Aug 05,, 19:15
This is the attitude that I hate.

Dreadnought
23 Aug 05,, 20:19
I do seem to think all of them are biased in some way wether left or right. All in the name of making both headlines and money..lol. Not sure what the rest will call me but i do like watching others get asked the hard questions on the O'reilly factor. I know most will say hes a righty and they could easily be correct I just like watching politicians being grilled with the hard questions and squirming for the answers..lol :)

Trooth
24 Aug 05,, 06:28
fox news is funny.....does nobody else find the loudness of it amusing?

Watch the BBC and then fox, u'll crack up!!

I haven't compared, but this would be sad if they are using that tactic. The "loudest station on the dial" tactic was devised by Radio stations to trick listeners who searched for a station on their rotary tuning radios. "Obviously" the loudest station must be the strongest signal, so the stations sacrificed audio quality to compress the dynamic range of their content. Basically the lower volume is pushed up. Making them seem loud, therefore strong signal, therefore more listeners will select that staton whilst turning the dial.

A good example is comparing radio 1 with radio 3. Same organisation using state of the art kit but the difference in dynamic range is amazing (since R1 is competing with, say Capital).

This downgrading then continued. Records started to be mixed so that they sounded good on the compressed radio stations. So even if you buy the record (or CD) and play it on proper kit, its still compressed and sounds like its on the radio.

Its an example where the market actually created a drop in quality rather than an increase.

But also remember, today news isn't about what is happening, it is about immediacy and drama. Really its "curent events soap" and it sounds more immediate and dramatic if it is loud and accompanied by onscreen graphics that make a noise (i have a pet hate for such things). If a headline appears with the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil, I must listen to it .....

EricTheRed
25 Aug 05,, 02:29
Fox is no more rightwing and CNN is left

Beaugeste93
25 Aug 05,, 16:53
They all have bias of one sort of another, its impossible not to. I listen to a variety of news outlets on satellite radio and don't listen at all to "commentators". I'm perfectly capable of analyzing the news for myself.

Listen to the same factual story on BBC, FOX, CNN, PRI, whatever. They all have some kind of editorial slant. Ignore it, get the facts and use your brain. Keep in mind that they are all businesses (even BBC) and money (brought in by ratings) is the driving force behind it all.

DalerMehndi
26 Aug 05,, 05:03
Have any of you guys noticed that the only people who claim that Fox is unbiased are right wingers? I have not seen moderates or left wingers ever saying that fox is unbiased. Based on what i have seen, the talk shows on fox and many of the anchors have a clear bias towards the right. Heck, even some of the commercials on that channel have a bias towards the right. As for CNN, most of its shows are pretty neutral. I never see any of the anchors taking sides. As for talk shows, there are an equal number of right wing and left wing talk shows on that channel. If there is a left wing bias, it is very slight. The most neutral channel i have seen is MSNBC. They have an equal number of right wing and left wing shows and the news anchors are compeltely neutral.

DalerMehndi
26 Aug 05,, 05:07
Oh, by the way, you cna't ignore the fact that Fox is the home of Bill O' Reilly. He blatantly lies on his show and he is probably the msot right wing guy on TV and one of most right wing guy in the media world(Savage ang Limbaugh are much more right wing). Also, have you guys noticed that all these hardcore right wingers like O' Reilly and Limbaugh talk about morality, but then they do completely immoral things. Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed a producer at fox, Limbaugh abused pain killers, etc. Hard left people like Al Franken and Ed Schultz never do crap like that.

Leader
26 Aug 05,, 05:20
Have any of you guys noticed that the only people who claim that Fox is unbiased are right wingers? I have not seen moderates or left wingers ever saying that fox is unbiased.

That proves nothing at all.

Based on what i have seen,

Which is what?

the talk shows on fox and many of the anchors have a clear bias towards the right.

They're opinion shows! Are they biased? Yes!

Heck, even some of the commercials on that channel have a bias towards the right.
Which proves what? That left wing wackos don't advertise on FOX.

As for CNN, most of its shows are pretty neutral.

Based on what?

I never see any of the anchors taking sides.

You realize there's a difference between opinion and news? You probably don't thou.

As for talk shows, there are an equal number of right wing and left wing talk shows on that channel.

And their ratings are in the toilet. Good for them.

If there is a left wing bias, it is very slight.

You base this on what?

The most neutral channel i have seen is MSNBC. They have an equal number of right wing and left wing shows and the news anchors are compeltely neutral.
That network is a joke. Their idea of a conservative is Pat Buchanan.

DalerMehndi
26 Aug 05,, 05:23
>>That network is a joke.<<

Based on what?

Leader
26 Aug 05,, 05:26
Oh, by the way, you cna't ignore the fact that Fox is the home of Bill O' Reilly. He blatantly lies on his show and he is probably the msot right wing guy on TV

Ha that's just Bull ****.

and one of most right wing guy in the media world(Savage

Michael savage is a ****ing disgrace. He doesn't belong to the conservative movement. The man needs to be hospitalized.

Limbaugh

Is a mainstream conservative. You probably don't believe me, but that's ok.

Also, have you guys noticed that all these hardcore right wingers like O' Reilly and Limbaugh talk about morality, but then they do completely immoral things. Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed a producer at fox, Limbaugh abused pain killers, etc. Hard left people like Al Franken and Ed Schultz never do crap like that.

**** yourself. Next time you want to slander all conservatives with that kind of ****. Take it elsewhere.

Leader
26 Aug 05,, 05:27
>>That network is a joke.<<

Based on what?

I laughed the last time I turned it on.