Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudis hold suspected militants

Saudis hold suspected militants

Police in Saudi Arabia have arrested a number of suspected Islamic militants and seized weapons including what appear to suicide bombers' belts.
    They made the arrests in the desert kingdom's capital, Riyadh, and the port of Jeddah, the government reported.

State TV showed off plastic explosives, home-made pipe bombs and a large number of assault rifles and ammunition.

The deeply conservative kingdom has been pursuing militants since a wave of attacks on Westerners in Riyadh in May.

Those suicide bombings left 35 people dead, including the nine bombers.

Monday's announcement did not specify how many arrests were made.

"Certain people wanted in the hunt [for terror suspects] have been caught and a manhunt has been launched to arrest those still on the run," a spokesman for the interior ministry told the state news agency SPA.

The BBC's security correspondent, Frank Gardner, says the Saudi authorities have been making a major effort to hunt down militants this year.

Seemingly endless checkpoints and rigorous searches typify the clampdown, our correspondent says, noting that heavy-handed police tactics often end in bloody gunfights.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3209110.stm
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

lol which country doesnt hold militants?

why, i suggest bombing israel, they hold militants...oops wait, they are our good militant friends, just like sadam, and bin laden...but what happened to them? o thats right, we dont like them anymore...

get a life...every 3rd world nation has militants

Comment

I hope they have the gonads to squeeze the militants' gonads.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

wtf u talkn about?

america has gonads, has a lot of gonads.

the problem is, it has to surpass the others gonads.

WORD OF THE DAY! GONADS!

Comment

Working...
        X