1/2 cup Confectioner's sugar
    2 cups Flour
    1 teaspoon Vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon Almond essence
    1/4 teaspoon Salt (optional)
    1 cup Walnuts or pecans -- chop fine
    3/4 cup Confectioner's sugar for -- rolling

Preheat oven 400° F.
    Place butter in bowl and add 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar and mix on medium speed of mixer until creamy and fluffy. Add flour a little at a time. Beat on low speed after each addition of flour. Keep beating until flour is well mixed. Add flavorings and sprinkle salt over the mixture. Add nuts and mix well with a spoon.
    Shape 1 tablespoon of dough into ball. Put balls on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
    Bake for 10-15 mins. Cookies will be done, but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and cool completely (about 20 mins). Roll in remaining sugar and carefully place in container with lid in a single layer separated by wax paper.

Eat as many as you can, drink some beer and post on a forum your true love of butter cookies.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

we love butter cookies

Leibniz

Comment

not you too!

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
        Damn they look yummy! Mooooooooooooooooooooom!

Nutty Butter Balls
        1/2 cup Butter
        1/2 cup Confectioner's sugar
        2 cups Flour
        1 teaspoon Vanilla
        1/2 teaspoon Almond essence
        1/4 teaspoon Salt (optional)
        1 cup Walnuts or pecans -- chop fine
        3/4 cup Confectioner's sugar for -- rolling
        The probably I have with baking recipes is that I can't ever find all the ingredients. I once tried to make a cheese cake. It turned out to be a Cheese omlette :(

So I stick to cooking. Making something called Chicken Karahi right now.

I keep mine a little dry, since I'm on atkins and I can't eat it with bread or rice, just a fork.

Comment

ROFL!
          WTF? Am I next?

Comment

YUUUMMMM....

Leibniz

Comment

Wow, Asim. That chicken looks good. What's all in that?
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Red chili, paprika, brown cardamom, corrianger, cinnamon, black pepper, bay leaf (all ground).

Rest, is just frying the chicken in some garlic. Adding the spices... Add some water (to make the chicken tender), dry it up as much as you'd want to, voila, its ready. Its one of the more simpler Indian dishes, can be done in 30-45 mins.

One of my favorites and probably the toughest (time consuming, and a lot of stirring, not technique) to cook's, Haleem. Haleem's three different kind of lentils in some meat (I prefer chicken), to make them look something like this:

Of course equally hard is to make the spices for all these Indian foods, so we have these companies package the spices for us:

Flipping burgers right now. I'm always eating :D

Comment

I really hope all this ends.
                  In a good way.

But but but , isnt vegetarian food better ? ;)

Comment

I always wanted to learn how to make other types of food; indian, asian, etc. I can only cook boring American food and some hispanic food. Enchiladas, though....mmmmm.
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

THL
                      Its easy to prepare some Indian foods in America than it is in India. :)
                      Reason is , they got these ready made masalas and stuff available in the market and all you have to do is add hot water !

Many of those products are easily bought in Charlotte than in Coimbatore !

And ummm , yeah dont eat animals ;)

Comment

Naah its harder probably in America, easy in Dubai though.

You get these masalas in America, from stores commonly referred as "desi stores". These Desi stores are pretty cool, you're like easily thrown back into desi land they've got every little Pakistani or Indian things. Even sell Music CDs there.

But u know how much do Maslas cost in India? Well in Dubai they're like 1Dh. 25fils. ($1 = 3.66Dh) In America its something like $4. Probably added cost of all the transportation, etc. Or perhaps they just know there aren't many stores out there that'll sell this stuff.

Took this picture in Indiana:
                        Attached Files

Comment

But u know how much do Maslas cost in India?
                          Neither do I know the cost of a beer or a masala packet. ;)

I only go into the kitchen to get a glass of water.
                          BTW you killed a Chicken today ?

Comment

In a way, just ordered some fried chicken (southern). I'm a carnivore!

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
                              Neither do I know the cost of a beer or a masala packet. ;)

I only go into the kitchen to get a glass of water.
                              BTW you killed a Chicken today ?

I did try the vegetarian thing for about a year or so...couldn't do it. I rarely eat beef, but I have to say that a nice, rare NY Strip every once in a while it pretty awesome. But chicken, I can't do without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X