Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese isolate anti-cancer drug from Human PEE

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/20...17_202981.html

Professor Liau began his research on cancer since 1962. In 1975, he found out that methylation enzymes play a central role in the regulation of cell replication and differentiation, and by controlling these enzymes, cancer could be healed. Later, he focused on the study of the therapeutic efficacy of the Cell Differentiation Agent-2 (CDA-2) purified from fresh human urine on treating cancer-affected patients, which can antagonize methylation enzymes.

If any chicom from PDF makes noise about cow pee, please throw the above line at his face....
    Seek Save Serve Medic

This is not the first medical usage of human urine. If you're ever bit by a jelly fish, human urine can get that clingy jelly fish off.

I don't condone bashing India's religious, cultural or ethnic practices, but bathing in cow urine for holy/purification purposes and for medical use, are two very separate things. And ease off on the PDF, bashing will you all, keep discussions relevant and get over PDF.

Comment

but bathing in cow urine for holy/purification purposes
      I heard about this only in PDF but have never seen it in real life. Even in my village, the only use of cow excreta is as dung fuel....
      Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

yes from my understanding not all people believe in it. Probably most Indians would find it gross. But I've seen a picture, so it does happen, if the pic wasn't fake.

Comment

Is that funny?

My university sold a lot similar product human urine to the world and made a lot of money 20 years ago.

http://www.sino-biochem.com/chanpin_ce4.htm
          Last edited by oneman28; 18 Aug 05,, 06:56.

Comment

Nobody 'bathes' in any urine.
            I'm Hindu and all my life I havent seen any Hindu bathing in any urine.

BTW this PEE and urine are the things why I did not take up medicine*

* another reason , they say , is that i did not score enough marks. ;)

Comment

Who gave you the idea that hindus bathe in cow urine? I agree with Samudra, I myself am a hindu and I have never seen another hindu bathe in cow urine.

Comment

Well some idiots do and give the majority a bad name. Kinda makes them look obsessive about the cow, which most probably would not be.

Comment

Hindus bathe in Ganges river, but cow urine is drank.

Cow urine is also used in a number of other domestic products, such as make up and aftershave. It is also believed by many to have medicinal value, several Indian pharmaceutical companies have attempted to patent it for this.

Of course, cow urine consumption is an entirely different concept to shivambu, or the Indian practice of drinking one's own urine.
                  Last edited by Aryan; 18 Aug 05,, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                    Hindus bathe in Ganges river, but cow urine is drank.

Cow urine is also used in a number of other domestic products, such as make up and aftershave. It is also believed by many to have medicinal value, several Indian pharmaceutical companies have attempted to patent it for this.

Of course, cow urine consumption is an entirely different concept to shivambu, or the Indian practice of drinking one's own urine.
                    How commonly is this practiced?

Comment

As common as a certain people drink camel urine.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                        How commonly is this practiced?
                        Pretty common...can't really comment on its success though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                          Pretty common...can't really comment on its success though.
                          Oh yeah, as common as your "Arab raped Aryan genes" in your body.
                          Last edited by hammer; 18 Aug 05,, 22:05.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Very uncharacteristic Hammer, no one was making fun of it, just that some idiots give hinduism a bad name by carrying on such crap.

I was reading this blog entry which explains that the Cow has never been sacred to Hindus but got a motherly status because it gave people milk. Plus it was a precious commodity, and hence they wanted to preserve cows and thats how Hindus became vegetarians.

Hindus themselves accept the practice of using urine. Several news sources will confirm, some even state them as "big-business". India is a largely populated country, and even a small minority can make things "big business". As far as I've seen mainstream Hindus reject fascinations and obsessions of the cow.

You've thus far, maintained a certain standard in your posting. Its a premium in some places here, don't lose it over misconceptions.

Comment

As you can see Asim, it is a very delicate subject :)

Comment

Working...
                              X