PDA

View Full Version : Video of Irani Women Police: In Training

Hawk_eye
14 Aug 05,, 10:11
Video- Will take time to load (mms://s96wm.castup.net/server12/23931527-61.wmv?s=&rid=507201053398576&ct=UK&rg=WE&aid=214)

giggs88
14 Aug 05,, 10:35
Holy **** batman! That is some intense training right there. I would NOT want to mess with those women.

bigross86
14 Aug 05,, 10:57
Hot damn! I wonder if Mr. Hefner will be able to make a special out of this...

sparten
14 Aug 05,, 11:05
Hawk why are the wearing abbayas. Our officers certainly do not wear them.

giggs88, actually in my Taekwondo class the women were always told "never" to try to fight a man, since men are bigger and can take the hits while they cannot. They were told to try an knock hime of his feet and run. Though I suppose for police officer the training would be quite more vigorous.

Asim Aquil
14 Aug 05,, 14:12
lol, why's it still so funny?

My aunt went through a lot of such training in Pakistan too. She's a BIG woman. She recently over-powered a thief while chasing him, got her arm fractured, but still didn't let him go (I think she must've sat on him, but still :D).

They need to lose their Abbayas. Its for their own protection, hence even the religious factor doesn't come into play.

THL
14 Aug 05,, 15:50
Holy **** batman!

LOL - That's also the 1st thing that came to my mind.

Snipe - You see your girl in there? :tongue:

Hawk_eye
15 Aug 05,, 09:57
Hawk why are the wearing abbayas. Our officers certainly do not wear them.

giggs88, actually in my Taekwondo class the women were always told "never" to try to fight a man, since men are bigger and can take the hits while they cannot. They were told to try an knock hime of his feet and run. Though I suppose for police officer the training would be quite more vigorous.

The reason could very well be religio-political, Pakistani womens police in Pakistan, espically ATS and EILTE do not wear traditional dress.

On your second comment, believe me the women that qualify from the ATS Karate-Do and Taekwondo course can take even the most well armed assailant. The course lasts 6 months and is designed to build confidence and develop correct application.

We train officers in among other things: Weapon Retention through defensive non-lethal tactics, locks, holds, suppression and compliance techniques.

Alamgir
15 Aug 05,, 17:48
Cool.