Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Combat Aircraft(lCA) and Combat Aircraft Trainer(CAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Combat Aircraft(lCA) and Combat Aircraft Trainer(CAT)

About NEW LCA

Guys dont u just love
    in pDF
    i heard that LCA is "piece of crap" and "worst plane of all time"

Guys Lca is awesome and i rekon isone the best 4th-4.5th gen. plane

IT got every thin that gives it edge on F-16

wanna discuus

And Wat about HAL CAT(combat aircraft trainer)

Karan(invincible Game)

Originally posted by Proud Indian
    About NEW LCA

Guys dont u just love
    in pDF

wanna discuus

Karan(invincible Game)
    what all could have been discussed about lca in its current dev stage.is i guess already discussed in this board. Its good to be patriotic. but be patient. and at least let the pv2 fly and do some weapon firing. LCA rite now is just a 4g mach 1.4 plane without weapons and too less flight testing to be compared to F16. theoretically the airframe is good nough for F16 but airframs is just one part of it. and its all theoretical until we see the actual product. So be patient.

Comment

Compare it to the F-16 Block 60, if it beats that hands down, then I'll be impressed, and will know India has done a good job. :)

Comment

Like?

Comment

About NEW LCA

Guys dont u just love
          in pDF

wanna discuus

Karan(invincible Game)
          I think it is more on the level of Italian-Brazilian AMX

Comment

amx is a high subsonic aircraft whereas lca has a max speed of m1.8(supersonic) currently tested to m1.4 ,lca is claimed to be capable of 9g manouveres(currently tested to 5g),amx cant do that,lca can carry 4 ton weapon load.so they both are completely different aircrafts,amx should be compared to hawk200 since both are combat variants of trainers.

Comment

LCA has got a decent airframe. Its delta wing structure makes it unstable during flight, perfect for high manuoverability.
              The problem is its engine, GE engine makes it a bit underpowered. Unless Kaveri is inducted LCA can not show its full potential.

Hope for LCA, Hope it won't be another Marut .

Comment

Originally posted by ArjunMK1
                LCA has got a decent airframe. Its delta wing structure makes it unstable during flight, perfect for high manuoverability.
                The problem is its engine, GE engine makes it a bit underpowered. Unless Kaveri is inducted LCA can not show its full potential.

Hope for LCA, Hope it won't be another Marut .
                engine is the biggest problem. more worries are there in the form of need for a good nough avionics radars etc.( we really dont know how well they will compare to something like F16 blk 60 / JSF/F22/Rafale/EF2000/Gripen. Testing in these has barely started and so its too soon to know how well the quality will compare to that of western counterparts(esp the radar. which i think is the primary concern after engine.).

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                  engine is the biggest problem. more worries are there in the form of need for a good nough avionics radars etc.( we really dont know how well they will compare to something like F16 blk 60 / JSF/F22/Rafale/EF2000/Gripen. Testing in these has barely started and so its too soon to know how well the quality will compare to that of western counterparts(esp the radar. which i think is the primary concern after engine.).
                  Once I read that like Mig 21 upgrades LCA is going to have Russian Zhuk radar and some Israeli Avionic suite . Is it true ???

Comment

Once I read that like Mig 21 upgrades LCA is going to have Russian Zhuk radar and some Israeli Avionic suite . Is it true ???
                    well then clearly they are not really the indian products.
                    A good no of avionics have been tested by use in upgrades and in MKI.
                    the russian zhuk radar isnt good nough. The nozzle dia for LCA is a bit bigger than for Mig29 So clearly anything going in out Mig29K can at least be fitted in LCA(i think india asked for a N100M bars smaller version than zhuk.). we surely will outperform the mig29K due to higher stealth(smaller size) and same radar. But will that be good nough for the F16 /Gripen/EF/F35 which have AESA radars. /will have them in future. The pakisani purchase of F16 from US is putting this question back into limelite??Look at the LCA rite now its just a good airframe(and not that revolutionary. as no special stealth features no internal bays) and that too not even tested . The Current engine is underpowered and the kaveri is nowhere near. We know nothing about the radar except that indians are way behind russia/israelis/french/americans/EU in radars and this being a first trial not much can be expected. LCa is the jet we want to produce during the whole next decade. competing with EF/F35/F16blk60/gripen/Rafale etc . It dsnt really seem up to the mark unless something good materializes about the engine and radar.

Comment

Any idea when the PV-II will roll out with full weapons integration?

Comment

Originally posted by Indra
                        Any idea when the PV-II will roll out with full weapons integration?
                        the BR guys believe it will be be in less than 13 days now. Though its not clear what all is already integrated in PV2

Comment

Phew! If they can get a ZhukM on the LCA it would be fantastic! that is one powerful radar on a tiny a/c. Make it a complete killer. if they could get the bars 29 (which is being offered on the Mig 35), it would be beyond fantastic. The LCA then would totallly kick ass. I frankly don't care if they can't get the MMR on time, if they can get any of the above radars, I would be a happy man.

At least on paper (which is all we can do right now), it would gobble up the Mirage 2000-5, F 16 blk 50+ and possibly even the MiG 35 in a2a. But then this is just speculation. Said beast has to yet complete testing !

regards,
                          uss.
                          Last edited by uss; 24 Aug 05,, 04:44.

Comment

We will be trying for everything indian as far as possible unless we cannot provide similar perfrmances. a lot of the LCa avionics have been tested by use in MKi and upgades for migs. & jags. Though if something significantly better is available and with a ToT indians will not mind buying it.
                            The radar is the concern as not much is known abouot it. some people say that it will be a bit inferior to zhuk in performance but the reality will be seen only when it comes out. The big point is that LCA can handle a longer antenna than mig29. So the zhuk and bars versions for mig29 will surely fit into LCA in case the indians want.

Comment

Originally posted by uss
                              Phew! If they can get a ZhukM on the LCA it would be fantastic! that is one powerful radar on a tiny a/c. Make it a complete killer. if they could get the bars 29 (which is being offered on the Mig 35), it would be beyond fantastic. The LCA then would totallly kick ass. I frankly don't care if they can't get the MMR on time, if they can get any of the above radars, I would be a happy man.

At least on paper (which is all we can do right now), it would gobble up the Mirage 2000-5, F 16 blk 50+ and possibly even the MiG 35 in a2a. But then this is just speculation. Said beast has to yet complete testing !

regards,
                              uss.
                              i m sure that it will gobble mig35 in BVR. for it will have a much smaller RCS than Mig35/29.

Comment

Working...
                              X