X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galloway links bombings to Iraq invasion

http://www.itn.co.uk/news/1006359.html

7.44PM, Fri Aug 5 2005
    Anti-war MP George Galloway has claimed Tony Blair and George Bush have "more blood on their hands" than the London terrorists.

Mr Galloway said that the attacks by Islamic extremists could not be separated from the invasion of Iraq and Britain's treatment of the Muslim world.

He said that the "al-Qaeda phenomenon" had arisen directly as a result of Western policies in the Middle East.

The Respect MP was already at the centre of a political storm after attacking Arab governments which collaborated with foreigners in the "rape" of their "beautiful daughters" of Jerusalem and Baghdad.

Mr Galloway said: "The people who brought destruction to London were primarily the people who committed the acts of mass murder. What we say is we refuse to be part of a conspiracy to deny that it has anything to do with the fact that our country is going round the world setting fire to other people's countries and killing them.

"I think there is hardly a sentient being in the land left who doesn't believe these things are connected. I am utterly against the punishing of innocent people for the crimes of the guilty, whether it is done on the Underground in London or the streets of Fallujah by George Bush's air force."

He repeated his view that it was Mr Bush who was the world's "biggest terrorist" and said that the US President and Mr Blair had shed far more blood than the bombers.

He added: "If it is a a question of quantum, there is far more blood on the hands of George Bush and Tony Blair than there is on the hands of the murderers who killed those people in London.

He denied that he was seeking to justify the terrorist attacks.

He said: "If I say a car has four wheels and the Ford Motor Company say it has four wheels, that doesn't make me part of the Ford Motor Company."

However, he said that the rise of Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda was the direct result of Western policies.

"The al-Qaeda phenomenon arose out of the first war on Iraq; arose out of the occupation of Jerusalem and the killing of the Palestinians and the dispersal of the refugees around the world; arose out of our support for the puppet presidents and corrupt kings of the Muslim world."

Originally posted by oneman28
    http://www.itn.co.uk/news/1006359.html
    "The al-Qaeda phenomenon arose out of the first war on Iraq; arose out of the occupation of Jerusalem and the killing of the Palestinians and the dispersal of the refugees around the world; arose out of our support for the puppet presidents and corrupt kings of the Muslim world."
    1. Let's continue his logic/slipperly slop. The occupation of Jerusalem happened because the Arabs failed to accept the UN mandate of 1948 and the creation of a Palestinian state and a Jewish state. So, that makes it the Arabs fault.

2. AQ arose because of Iraq. We have toppled the dictator that created the need for an American deployment to the "Holy Land." AQ's involvement in Iraq is continuing the need for a large American presence in the Middle East (we no longer have troops stationed in Saudi Arabia to isolate Iraq since we are now in Iraq. So, it is AQ's fault for distracting us from completing the job in Iraq.

So, subconsciously, Georgie Porgie wholly agrees with American policy and blames the Arabs and AQ. It's just that he only says it in confession at mass when he goes on Christmas.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Is the UK supposed to be deporting people like him? I’m sure Iran or Syria would love to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
        Is the UK supposed to be deporting people like him? I’m sure Iran or Syria would love to have him.
        I have been DYING to hear the answer to this one, ever since Blair got cranked about the new policy! Every time I see him on TV talking about the New Rules, I have been shouting at the TV, "DOES THIS MEAN GALLOWAY GETS THE SHOVE? WELL, DOES IT?"

Comment

Working...
        X