Lawful Commerce in Arms vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawful Commerce in Arms vote

Check out the section 6 of the Senate passed bill S397. Armor piercing bullets ban ammendment, to be determined by the AG within two years... Most center fire bullets fall under this definition. This is not good.

Here are some links.

S.397 -
    Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act
    and S.397 - SEC. 6. ARMOR PIERCING AMMUNITION.

Gun Owners of America (GOA) has an article about the Bill. Senate Passes Gun Control Amidst Protection For Gun Makers.
    AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

The S. 397 links do not seem to work now. Must be a search engine thing with the temp pages.

How about THOMAS -- U_S_ Congress on the Internet and do a search for the Bill (S. 397) or any other.

My tinfoil hat must have slipped and they knew I was linking to government infromation and killed the link.
      AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

I looked it up last night.

So far, the bill just discusses a study to be conducted by the AG.

That would be the fairly pro 2d amendment AG of the US Alberto Gonzales that answers to the decidedly pro gun POTUS GW Bush.

I wouldn't panic just yet guys, but i is good to be aware.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          I looked it up last night.

So far, the bill just discusses a study to be conducted by the AG.

That would be the fairly pro 2d amendment AG of the US Alberto Gonzales that answers to the decidedly pro gun POTUS GW Bush.

I wouldn't panic just yet guys, but i is good to be aware.
          Yup, may be a false alarm, a tactic used by pro-gun side to make senate vote "bullet proof" (forgive the pun). Present admin will decide what exactly is a "armor Piercing" round. Maybe this is a very good tactic after all???
          Soo sorry Kennedy, your bill to ban all centerfire rounds is toast.

Just the same, order that case of WOLF ammo to hide under your barn floor, just in case...

AKDave, don't worry, I have two AKs in mind I want to keep flush with ammo... But order the ammo just in case...
          Last edited by Sandman; 09 Aug 05,, 02:10.

Comment

It ain't gonna pass, I guarantee it. Bannning half of all bullets used by hunters today ain't gonna make them happy.

The only person to use a hunting rifle to snipe cops was that one guy (saw it on History channel awhile ago) in the 50's I think who cooped himself up in a tower.

Comment

Working...
            X