X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR 71 spotting...

Spot SR 71 Black bird :

http://gmaps.tommangan.us/blackbirds.html
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

I saw the one aboard the USS Intrepid in NYC.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
      I saw the one aboard the USS Intrepid in NYC.
      Seen that one and the A-12 in Mobile AL at the Alabama Memorial, but it's in the building, so no sat photos there
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I saw the one at Hill AFB, Utah.

Comment

We have the only surviving A-12/D-21 combo in existence here at the Museum of Flight. :)

About a mile from here. There's also a separate engine on a stand as part of the display. That sucka's huge... ;)
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I also saw my first F-14 Tomcat in real life aboard the Intrepid. The Tomcat was my favorite plane ever since I was a kid after I saw "Top Gun".
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

The Intrepid is a kick ass place. One of their newest acquisitions is an IAI Kfir in IAF colors with USN and USMC markings.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I have seen an SR-71 at Wright Patterson Field and at the Warner Robbins AFB..
                [email protected]

Comment

I saw one when I was a kid out in the Arizona desert at a Aircraft musem - its been years and I cant remember the name but it was near Phoenix and had aircraft bone yards all around it. Man I wish I could visit that place again now that Im older.

Comment

Working...
                  X