• Show
Clear All

• Pick an Arabic name

Boutros Boulos al-Eesai ibn Jerjer

http://www.ummah.net/family/masc.html
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Habib Isra'il el-Yahud ibn Daoud.

Beloved Israel the Jew, son of David.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Abdul [Servant of Allah]
      or
      Salim [whole faultless and selfless]
      Last edited by Ray; 14 Oct 03,, 09:57.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Come on, you got to have a long name, like Ironman and I do. one or two names, title (al.../el... the Christian, the Jew, the Merciful, etc...) and than son of. (Ibn ...)
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Salim Kutub Razzak Chaudhuri ibn Tuchkoo bin Abdullah al Whatever.

OK by you Bigross?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sure thing. How bout a translation? :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana

Think you can remember a name like that? Must be hard...

Comment

Bigross, you asked me for a long name and I wrote something. I have no idea what it means.:dbanana :blush

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                Habib Isra'il el-Yahud ibn Daoud.

Beloved Israel the Jew, son of David.
                Ya didn't have to do it the same way I did! :roll

Comment

Yeah, but that's the way an arab name is supposed to be and it covered all the basics.

An Arab name follows the formula of one or two names, sometimes a description, and than a relation, such as ibn someone or abu somone, which means son of or father of. A believer who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina adds the title al-Haj to the beginning of his name.

I'm beloved (or so they tell me...), I'm Israeli, I'm Jewish, and I'm the son of David.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                    Yeah, but that's the way an arab name is supposed to be and it covered all the basics.

An Arab name follows the formula of one or two names, sometimes a description, and than a relation, such as ibn someone or abu somone, which means son of or father of. A believer who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina adds the title al-Haj to the beginning of his name.

I'm beloved (or so they tell me...), I'm Israeli, I'm Jewish, and I'm the son of David.
                    Heh, I had no idea I did it the right way, actually.

Comment

Some famous dude once said "I'd rather be lucky than good"

Comment

How about Zaim Boutros-Yusuf Abdul-Khaliq ibn Mu'tasim?
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Translation?

Comment

Mas'ud - Fortunate, happy, lucky

Comment

Translation? Oh yeah! heh heh.

Brigadier General Peter Joseph Servant of the Creator son of Mu'tasim (Which means adhering (to faith, to God)
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X