Bio-Chem Warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio-Chem Warfare

Discuss it. Is it practical? Is it morally acceptable? What's the most dangerous chemical in terms of threat level?
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
    Discuss it. Is it practical? Is it morally acceptable? What's the most dangerous chemical in terms of threat level?
    im not sure wat the most powerfull chem weapon is. i can say for sure that its the last thing i would ever use.

nuclear weapons 2 me are better and easier 2 clean up after.

Comment

They are not easier to clean up after, I can assure you that.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

If you had to use WMDs,Nuclear weapons may be better for the people who are vaporized within the blast radius, but I dont think someone who had their skin melted and is dying of radiation poisoning feels lucky by not getting gassed.
        Both are horrible and should only be used in the most dire of circumstances.

Comment

if u want to kill the people and keep the factories use chemical and bio weapons.
          But PR would be very bad and there might be war crimes accusings in the UN

Comment

But we all know how much attention we pay to the UN...

I do believe that VX nerve agent is still the deadliest.

Comment

VX is the deadliest chemical agent, 5-10mg can kill a person.

Comment

As a military weapon, it's practically useless. It forces 1st line troops to put on protective gear that is hot and extremely uncomfortable (and reduces some effectiveness somewhat) but do not expect Western soldiers to be dropping off like flies.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                  But we all know how much attention we pay to the UN...

I do believe that VX nerve agent is still the deadliest.
                  Yeah, but how abt this...

H is not as toxic as the nerve agents. Nerve agents kill you quickly; H causes incapacitating chemical burns from which many recover after convalescing for several weeks. I have heard it argued that H is more potent from a military standpoint because one "dose" of nerve agent kills one soldier whereas one "dose" of H burns one soldier, which requires two of his buddies to carry him back to the hospital where a doctor, two nurses, and five orderlies will take care of him for weeks; the "score" is nerve agent: 1 person off the front line, H: 11 people otherwise occupied.
                  A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

That's the whole "wounding rather than killing" theory. Mustard gas and other blistering agents go under that category too.

And I agree, against a modern army with proper protective clothing chemical and biological warfare is now pretty much useless.

Comment

VX is the most deadly chem agent. It kills very quickly in a terribly violent manner.

Bio weapons are potentially much, much worse. In some ways, even much worse than nukes. This is probably why no one has ever used them in warfare. The risk is simply too great.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                        VX is the most deadly chem agent. It kills very quickly in a terribly violent manner.

Bio weapons are potentially much, much worse. In some ways, even much worse than nukes. This is probably why no one has ever used them in warfare. The risk is simply too great.
                        With the prevelance of international air travel today you also run risk of your bioweapon getting back to your soil via an infected passenger.

Comment

Biological warfare is far more uncontrollable than chemical warfare, especially with highly infectious pathogens like plague.

Comment

Working...
                          X