Best Shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Shotgun

This might have been asked before, but what and why do you think is the best shotgun?
    Thanks
    ~ Hk40 ~
    ~ Gary Mikami ~
    Live 'N Let Live!

USAS 12 or the Jackhammer are some of the meanest.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Leibstandarte10 - What are some of the top considerations if one is going to buy a shotgun? The purpose would be for Pheasant hunting.
      Thanks
      ~ Hk40 ~
      ~ Gary Mikami ~
      Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Really any long-barrelled (not a tactical or home defense) shotgun will do, preferably in 12 gauge. It depends on your personal tastes, how much you're willing to spend, and your local hunting laws.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
          USAS 12 or the Jackhammer are some of the meanest.
          Leibstandarte10 - I completed a search on both the shotguns you mention. Whoa! I think the Jackhammer could've or should've had it's place within our military forces (just by looking and reading some of the details). I wonder what prevented it from being deployed? What an amazing piece!
          ~ Hk40 ~
          ~ Gary Mikami ~
          Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Originally posted by Hk40
            Leibstandarte10 - I completed a search on both the shotguns you mention. Whoa! I think the Jackhammer could've or should've had it's place within our military forces (just by looking and reading some of the details). I wonder what prevented it from being deployed? What an amazing piece!
            ~ Hk40 ~
            Some pics hope they come out.
            Attached Files
            ~ Gary Mikami ~
            Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Anybody got any feedback on the XM-26 from the US Army Battle Labs?
              Got 2 pics. In the top mounted underneath a M4A1. In pic2 standalone variant.
              Attached Files
              ~ Gary Mikami ~
              Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

I think the USAS-12 was employed on a limited scale by the military.

Comment

Italians

Don't forget the Italin Benelli (World Class Reputation) Their M3 has a niffty switch for Auto or Pump action. The M3 also comes in a variety of barrel lengths and stock options. Here's a pic of the M3T "Tactical" variant with a folding stock. Awesome!
                  Attached Files
                  ~ Gary Mikami ~
                  Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Italian

Can't speak about Benelli and not mention the Nova.
                    Another fine piece. I'm shocked that in "Tactical Shotgun's we don't find more double barreled types. I would think for the total blast efffect 2 barrels are better than 1. However, this is coming from a civilian so what do I know?
                    Cheers!
                    ~ Hk40 ~
                    Attached Files
                    ~ Gary Mikami ~
                    Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Originally posted by Hk40
                      Can't speak about Benelli and not mention the Nova.
                      Another fine piece. I'm shocked that in "Tactical Shotgun's we don't find more double barreled types. I would think for the total blast efffect 2 barrels are better than 1. However, this is coming from a civilian so what do I know?
                      Cheers!
                      ~ Hk40 ~
                      Two barrels is preferable as long as there is only one bad guy close. reloading a double is slower than racking a pump...Plus you can't hang all the evil looking "tactical" accessories off a double

Seriously,I've said repeatedly there is nothing like the sound of a racking pump shotgun to get a bad guys attention. There's a good chance the noise alone will end the fight because everyone knows that sound.

As you might guess, I prefer the 870 pump. Mine is "tactical" but sporting ones are plentiful also. For sporting, if you have the money, a Krieghoff double would be my choice ( a mere 25 grand or so). Ruger red and gold labels, kimber doubles, beretta doubles/OUs also are worthy of examination if you have the cash. Also, Marlin is about to reintroduce the LC Smith name on some new doubles and OUs. If they're well made, I may have to indulge.
                      Rule 303

Comment

I'll take a Beretta 1201 or Benelli Super 90(both the same gun) anyday over any shotgun around for APERS duty.

Tremendously reliable weapon with a ROF that easily exceeds the cyclic of most full auto weapons.

Comment

best shot gun

look i collect guns i have 42 shot guns and the best one is the 12 gage

Comment

check

check this out
                            http://www.mmvehicles.com/MVC-004F.JPG

Comment

http://www.defense-update.com/produc...s/120he-mp.htm

Originally posted by some dude
                              M1028 120mm Canister (General Dynamics)

The M1028 cartridge, fired from the main cannon of the M1A1/M1A2 Abrams Battle Tank, contains tungsten balls that provide a "shotgun-like effect" from the muzzle of the tank out to several hundred meters and can be used to clear enemy dismounts, break up hasty ambush sites in urban areas, clear defiles, stop infantry attacks and counter-attacks, and support friendly infantry assaults by providing cover-by-fire. When fielded, the M1028 will provide U.S. Army tank units and the Marine Expeditionary Force with quick-response, highly lethal, direct fire capability. The canister can also be filled with various payloads, including less than lethal means (such as chemical agents or "flash and bang" stun charge). The 11kg projectile payload is filled with hundreds of tungsten pellets dispersed from the canister immediately after clearing the muzzle at a speed of 1,410 m/sec, forming an effective lethal barrage at ranges between 200 – 500 meters. This canister will replace the flechette ammunition which is currently available only for 105mm guns. The canister cartridge length is 780mm and its weight is 22.9kg. It uses double base propellant. Following the completion of System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase as XM1028, the type classified M1028 entered low rate production in January 2005, with an initial order for the production of 3,800 rounds.
                              Surely the ultimate shotgun. :p
                              HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                              X