Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved .50 Cal Sniper Rifle

M107

Sounds pretty capable, though the inability to firre SLAP rounds is puzzling to me.

New.

LOL....we ran trials on the M-82 back in 1988-89. Good to see the Army finally adopted the weapon formally, it was a damned fine weapon when we tested them almost two decades ago.

SLAP is incompatible because the sabot shears off the muzzle brake. Believe me, you do not want to fire any .50BMG rifle without the muzzle brake. SLAP is also not particularly accurate.

Raufoss Grade A special match ammunition is much more precise, and still offers excellent light armor penetration.

There was a .50 APDS round tested back around the same timeframe that was compatible with the M-82, but it was never adopted.

BTW, the listed range against area targets is a complete fabrication.

Comment

This is new I think. The M82 is bolt action while the M107 is semiautomatic. It also holds more rounds I believe.

I still like Barret's 25mm monster of a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601
        This is new I think. The M82 is bolt action while the M107 is semiautomatic. It also holds more rounds I believe.
        Nah, they are the same gun.
        Attached Files
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
          Nah, they are the same gun.
          The only change is too the designation, bipod and scope.

Comment

From what I have heard around in the halls here, THIS outta-control bee-atch is tha THANG, man.

Comment

The Chevy Tac is one serious, serious rifle. I've never personally fired one, but it's reputation is quite impressive.

Comment

The M82 ( semi-auto, 10 round detatchable magazine, etc) has been on my "want" list for years. Some day....some day it will be mine.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  The Chevy Tac is one serious, serious rifle. I've never personally fired one, but it's reputation is quite impressive.
                  That ballistics computer is AWESOME! It actually takes into account the coreolis effect, because the bullet's flight time is soooo loooong, it could actually have the Earth's rotation move the target out of the line of fire. (But I guess the Good News about THAT is, by the time the round takes down the target, the team is having a cold one back at the Rally Point Bar & Grille! )

Nobody has really determined the max. effective range of this combination, as it can out-shoot the optics of anything that could reasonably be taken into the field by the spotter.

Comment

Could I get some more info on this weapon?
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                      Could I get some more info on this weapon?
                      Sorry, ross, just saw this post.

I got to talk to the reps and one of our guys here says he fired it on the range...I'm impressed with what I've heard.

I got some brochures from the CheyTac rep, so I know it's not classified. (Although when I asked him if the R-200 had been used operationally, he said, 'Yes. But I can't tell you by who.', and smiled.) Write an e-mail to 'em and see what they'll send you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                        Sorry, ross, just saw this post.

I got to talk to the reps and one of our guys here says he fired it on the range...I'm impressed with what I've heard.

I got some brochures from the CheyTac rep, so I know it's not classified. (Although when I asked him if the R-200 had been used operationally, he said, 'Yes. But I can't tell you by who.', and smiled.) Write an e-mail to 'em and see what they'll send you.
                        Dude, the name's Ben. Nice to meet you.
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                        X