Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New $20 bills

"Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Some people don't like them. Personally, I think they look great. I wouldnt want to see 8-color notes though :roll
    I can't wait to get some of these new 20s
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Well its not as bad as I was afraid it would be.
      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

They are also rolling out a new note for those of us who are a bit more wealthy than others
        Attached Files
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

and for the ultra-wealthy:
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is that note that I've been wanting to post.
            Here we have a Series 1918 Federal Reserve Bank Note issued by Saint Louis. It is a $2 note that is vaguely interesting until you turn it over
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TopHatter; 09 Oct 03,, 19:54.

Comment

and you see how money SHOULD look dammit!
              Attached Files

Comment

Aw crap, I think I just hijacked the thread....:brick

Comment

Nah, it's okay. Cool pics.

Comment

Did Andrew Jackson's head grow or did his body shrink? His image looks really odd.

Comment

You're right, his head does look fairly big...
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Yes, the head shot was enlarged and the border was removed

Comment

I just heard on the radio that the government is spending millions to advertise the new $20 bill.
                          Are they afraid of competition?
                          sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Lol, you'd think they were!

I think they are trying to prevent people (especially immigrants and the like from being frauded into believing that the old 20s will be worthless.
                            I can recall Saddam doing the exact same thing to the Iraqis the last time US currency was changed.

Edit: Nobody liked my currency pics? :cry

Comment

That, and they don't want consumers and/or vendors to think that the new money's counterfeit. It happened a lot with the current $20 when it came out. People would get change from the grocery store or wherever, and think that they got "play money" and started throwing fits, etc. On the flipside, cashiers and salespeople that weren't aware of the change were eyeing their customers with suspicion, and from what I remember several calls were made to local police departments, and even the FBI, regarding "possible counterfeiting and fraud".

The government just wants to ensure that their new, comical, colorful bills aren't thrown in the trash.

** NOTE: Anyone on the WAB that has a problem with the new $20 bill (or any old ones, for that matter), simply e-mail me for my physical address, and mail the bills to me. I'll make sure they're "disposed of properly". :devil **
                              I never understood "fire for effect". I thought the firing WAS the effect...

Comment

Working...
                              X