PDA

View Full Version : tiger attack

tankie
26 Jul 16,, 11:29
Stupid is as stupid does , RIP

https://youtu.be/HDZP08LZlKM

cataphract
27 Jul 16,, 02:57
Stupid is allowing people in their personal cars to drive through a wildlife park. They should be allowed in official vehicles only. China and safety regulations. Nuff said.

DonBelt
27 Jul 16,, 06:12
https://youtu.be/YbFvAaO9j8M

Never get out of the boat!

bonehead
27 Jul 16,, 06:57
Stupid is allowing people in their personal cars to drive through a wildlife park. They should be allowed in official vehicles only. China and safety regulations. Nuff said.

One word

"Yellowstone"

Oracle
27 Jul 16,, 07:51
There should be a wired enclosure on both sides of the road. What happened to the lady?

Doktor
27 Jul 16,, 09:27
There should be a wired enclosure on both sides of the road. What happened to the lady?

She's dead, and the guy is severely injured.

Oracle
27 Jul 16,, 15:16
Poor lady, RIP. Thanks Dok.

Gun Grape
28 Jul 16,, 03:26
There should be a wired enclosure on both sides of the road.

No. Its a wildlife park. They have free reign. Don't baby stupid people

Albany Rifles
28 Jul 16,, 03:33
Darwinism at work....dumbasses.

Officer of Engineers
28 Jul 16,, 03:47
Actually, if you think about it, that tiger could go through that windshield like plastic wrap.

Oracle
28 Jul 16,, 04:42
No. Its a wildlife park. They have free reign. Don't baby stupid people

People are stupid, but why would the officials let people in with their car without any protection? The last few seconds shows probably a forest guards' Jeep, it was too late then. This is criminal negligence.

In Indian tiger reserves, tourists are fined if found wandering alone. Actually tourists are accompanied by forest officials with their vehicles all the time, armed with guns. And what did the lady think getting out of the car like that. Jeez.

I would never go to a tiger reserve and never be tiger food. I've seen them in zoos upclose and I'm satisfied. The footage is just creepy.

GG, the pic you posted, police have raided their monastery and found those monks involved in trafficking of tiger parts.

Officer of Engineers
28 Jul 16,, 05:34
People are stupid, but why would the officials let people in with their car without any protection? The last few seconds shows probably a forest guards' Jeep, it was too late then. This is criminal negligence.

In Indian tiger reserves, tourists are fined if found wandering alone. Actually tourists are accompanied by forest officials with their vehicles all the time, armed with guns. And what did the lady think getting out of the car like that. Jeez.Guards would not have helped. The firearms are unchambered for safety reasons. By the time you chambered and take aim, the tiger is already mixed up with the woman and you would not dare shoot less you might hit the woman or if you did hit the tiger, put it into even more rage.

A charging big cat is not easy to stop.

tEIGqD80N6U
U-JnCbR83VA

The woman was dead when she left the car.

Oracle
28 Jul 16,, 06:11
Guards would not have helped. The firearms are unchambered for safety reasons. By the time you chambered and take aim, the tiger is already mixed up with the woman and you would not dare shoot less you might hit the woman or if you did hit the tiger, put it into even more rage.

What I meant is, forest guards accompany tourists on forest vehicles with arms. If a Tiger is seen making a move, the guard fires in the air to scare the tiger off. Maybe this will work if a Tiger actually attacks a human? I don't know. They are majestic animals though.

A charging big cat is not easy to stop.

Yeah, they're big and powerful.

The woman was dead when she left the car.

2 years back, some of my friends wanted me to join a trip in Ranthambore National Park (http://www.ranthamborenationalpark.com/), I declined. I sit on the top of the food chain, why would I want to become cat food.

Officer of Engineers
28 Jul 16,, 06:18
What I meant is, forest guards accompany tourists on forest vehicles with arms. If a Tiger is seen making a move, the guard fires in the air to scare the tiger off. Maybe this will work if a Tiger actually attacks a human?Not in this case. It was the idiotic woman who made the 1st move. The cat saw a meal and responded fast. It was not as if the cat was stalking her. She presented herself to the cat and with facing away from the cat ... and tigers instinctively attacks when you're not looking.

Guards eyes maybe were elsewhere. There are other cars and other tigers.

Oracle
28 Jul 16,, 06:31
Not in this case. It was the idiotic woman who made the 1st move. The cat saw a meal and responded fast. It was not as if the cat was stalking her. She presented herself to the cat and with facing away from the cat ... and tigers instinctively attacks when you're not looking.

Guards eyes maybe were elsewhere. There are other cars and other tigers.

Yeah, I agree, and it is also true that Tigers attack from the back. Heck, all cats do.

YellowFever
28 Jul 16,, 17:13
Apparantly, if I read this correctly, they got into an argument in the car, which prompt the woman to get out of the car.

She was attacked by the tiger and her husband jumped out to save her.

The third person out of the car, the woman's mother got attacked by a different tiger off screen and she was the one that got killed.

So the stupid one actually lived.

Oracle
28 Jul 16,, 19:35

No one's bothered to put up a link, so that we lesser mortals can read about the incident.

tbm3fan
28 Jul 16,, 20:09

No one's bothered to put up a link, so that we lesser mortals can read about the incident.

Ta-da...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/world/asia/china-tiger-attack-woman-killed.html?_r=0

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/asia/china-animals-death/index.html

Doktor
28 Jul 16,, 23:25

We've got a programmer without google-fu skills

tbm3fan
29 Jul 16,, 00:11

Well not really. I saw what you did and wondered. Then decided I didn't want to waste the time looking and so put the image in as I did. If someone was over my shoulder, or I was really interested, it would be another story...

DonBelt
29 Jul 16,, 03:39
Nothing new here.

http://www.backpacker.com/trips/california/yosemite-national-park/people-have-a-long-history-of-doing-stupid-things-in-national-parks/#bp=0/img1

Oracle
29 Jul 16,, 07:25
Thank you tbm3fan.

Actually there was a complaint about high bandwidth usage from one project. Some guys were whiling away company time watching Youtube videos, downloading mp3s and GoThrones and other videos, Facebook'ing etc. These issues are taken seriously, so I had to request the support guys not to escalate it to the higher-ups. The convicts (:-)) are young guys, just passed out of college, they need time to fit in. Now almost everything is blocked. Google is accessible, but only to browse technical sites. I sit with them for 2-3 hours daily, sometimes for the whole day. Life gets screwed now and then, I'm used to it, but what I really like is the expression on the face of those kids now. It's like - what did we do wrong? We were just watching Youtube, and downloading stuff and hitting on women in Facebook. :-)

Doktor
29 Jul 16,, 08:17
Thank you tbm3fan.

Actually there was a complaint about high bandwidth usage from one project. Some guys were whiling away company time watching Youtube videos, downloading mp3s and GoThrones and other videos, Facebook'ing etc. These issues are taken seriously, so I had to request the support guys not to escalate it to the higher-ups. The convicts (:-)) are young guys, just passed out of college, they need time to fit in. Now almost everything is blocked. Google is accessible, but only to browse technical sites. I sit with them for 2-3 hours daily, sometimes for the whole day. Life gets screwed now and then, I'm used to it, but what I really like is the expression on the face of those kids now. It's like - what did we do wrong? We were just watching Youtube, and downloading stuff and hitting on women in Facebook. :-)

Hmmm... So, I fit in kids category, nice :)

Weird you have access to WAB, someone from the management must be a fan.

Oracle
29 Jul 16,, 11:46
Hmmm... So, I fit in kids category, nice :)

Weird you have access to WAB, someone from the management must be a fan.

I have unrestricted access. Plus mostly, I use this (http://www.mtsindia.in/wifi/). I also sit at the lower rung of the management.
But, when I'm connected to VPN, social media etc is blocked, but WAB is not. What I'm assuming is sites which have heavy traffic are added to list of blocked sites. Continuous process I guess.

Monash
29 Jul 16,, 13:53
Apparantly, if I read this correctly, they got into an argument in the car, which prompted the woman to get out of the car.
The third person out of the car, the woman's mother got attacked by a different tiger off screen and she was the one that got killed.

Hmm .... depending on how long the car trip was, if I got stuck in an argument with my wife (with my mother-in-law along for the ride lending 'moral support') the welcoming jaws of a man eating tiger might just start to look like a viable alternative - for me.

tankie
29 Jul 16,, 14:31
Hmm .... depending on how long the car trip was, if I got stuck in an argument with my wife (with my mother-in-law along for the ride lending 'moral support') the welcoming jaws of a man eating tiger might just start to look like a viable alternative - for me.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Gun Grape
29 Jul 16,, 15:17

Officer of Engineers
29 Jul 16,, 17:24
GS, you just had to.

Oracle
29 Jul 16,, 20:31
What is it with married men hating mother-in-laws? I remember, I had good terms with all my exes mothers.

Gun Grape
29 Jul 16,, 20:36
GS, you just had to.

Something has to take the place of the like button.

That photo seems like an excellent choice

Gun Grape
29 Jul 16,, 20:37
What is it with married men hating mother-in-laws? I remember, I had good terms with all my exes mothers.

I get along great with my mother in law also.

Of course it may be because she lives in South Korea and the wife and I live in Florida.

Oracle
29 Jul 16,, 20:49

Of course it may be because she lives in South Korea and the wife and I live in Florida.

WAB, see what I was saying. :-)

YellowFever
29 Jul 16,, 21:11
Something has to take the place of the like button.

That photo seems like an excellent choice

YellowFever
29 Jul 16,, 21:12
WAB, see what I was saying. :-)

You are right.

I will try to get along better with her from now on.

Maybe a bonding trip to a wild safari park to start....

Monash
30 Jul 16,, 02:25

I have the same deal. We live in Sydney and the in-laws live in Auckland. Having a nice wide body of water between us is comforting. My only fear is that one day my mother-in-law will figure out how to attach drop tanks to her broomstick - then I'm screwed.

Of course it also helps that my wife tends to get on better with my parents than she does with her own. So I'm lucky on two counts in the in-law department.

Oracle
30 Jul 16,, 06:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghWT-2yULg

What kind of stupidity is this? If idiots want thrill, they can go climb the Himalayas.

citanon
30 Jul 16,, 08:00

The man wasn't trying to save his wife, he wanted to be first in line! :D

tankie
30 Jul 16,, 14:31
How did we get from Chinese Takeaways to mothers in law on broomsticks and kids playing chicken to celine dion . Ah well heres my MIL . Just dropped in to show off her new outfit while the wifes out shopping ,,, waddya think .

texasjohn
03 Aug 16,, 00:55
How did we get from Chinese Takeaways to mothers in law on broomsticks and kids playing chicken to celine dion . Ah well heres my MIL . Just dropped in to show off her new outfit while the wifes out shopping ,,, waddya think .

LOL!! ( since there is no like button.....) :-)

tankie
03 Aug 16,, 02:19
Hey John , she asked if I liked it or wud I prefer it in black or red ,, why,s she asking me ??? Should be hubby should it not , ahh well nevermind, I did say black with red edges tho and she is whipping over tomoz when her daughter is shopping for the day , shame that as I think the wife would have loved to see that outfit ,,,waddyas reckon , I think she's just a bit of a poser meself , still who am I to complain , hohum , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, abhhhhhh bollox , yad kill forra drive of her huh ,, looks a bit like celine dion eh Colonel ,,,,,,, sweet dreams tankie lad , sweet dreams �� �� �� ��

texasjohn
03 Aug 16,, 03:19
:biggrin: so what's up with the "thanks" thingy??? been gone a while....Yeller know anything about this? LOL

tankie
03 Aug 16,, 12:41
:biggrin: so what's up with the "thanks" thingy??? been gone a while....Yeller know anything about this? LOL

Yeller ,, mmmmm sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

YellowFever
03 Aug 16,, 23:45
Hey John , she asked if I liked it or wud I prefer it in black or red ,, why,s she asking me ??? Should be hubby should it not , ahh well nevermind, I did say black with red edges tho and she is whipping over tomoz when her daughter is shopping for the day , shame that as I think the wife would have loved to see that outfit ,,,waddyas reckon , I think she's just a bit of a poser meself , still who am I to complain , hohum , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, abhhhhhh bollox , yad kill forra drive of her huh ,, looks a bit like celine dion eh Colonel ,,,,,,, sweet dreams tankie lad , sweet dreams �� �� �� ��

Say no to drugs next time.

YellowFever
03 Aug 16,, 23:48

Hey, TJ, what's up man.

Still trolling the streets of Texas and hoping to be picked up by big burly men in pick up trucks playing "Take it easy"
on the radio?

texasjohn
04 Aug 16,, 02:52
Hey Yeller, long time no see...and everyone else. Too damn hot to stroll the streets, but I did pass on to the big burly boys that you are interested....heh!

YellowFever
04 Aug 16,, 04:25
Yeah but the big burly.....nah...lol.

I'm glad to see your ass here so I won't mess with you today.

Everything going OK in your life?

Oracle
04 Aug 16,, 04:43
For some reason, the Colonel is avoiding this thread.

Deltacamelately
04 Aug 16,, 11:47
I guess I know that "reason". ;)

Doktor
04 Aug 16,, 15:02
I guess I know that "reason". ;)

Garlic?

texasjohn
05 Aug 16,, 03:06
Yeah but the big burly.....nah...lol.

I'm glad to see your ass here so I won't mess with you today.

Everything going OK in your life?

Yessir, so far so good! and you?...