PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2016

Double Edge
25 Jun 16,, 17:24
In other news from Europe, THERE IS A GAME ON!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWoCyDtQ5W0

Hear the Icelanders celebrate.

So primal.

Related to Kiwis in some way :D

Doktor
25 Jun 16,, 17:45
Have you seen the Irish?

Oracle
25 Jun 16,, 18:08
Hey Dok, you guys don't play football?

Doktor
25 Jun 16,, 18:20
We suck at it :-)

Double Edge
25 Jun 16,, 18:50
Have you seen the Irish?
THIS :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuKYjRnpGC0

The swedes declined a response ......gone home, no longer in the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcQCcmqg_U
At the english

Please don't cause a riot

Someone bring the russians...

Doktor
25 Jun 16,, 22:04
At the police

https://youtu.be/geG_SzPQ2k4

tbm3fan
26 Jun 16,, 04:14
I'll assume this is soccer? Could be rugby for all I know. Not that I care as I am a Yank who is nonetheless amazed at how much emotion both sports arouse good natured and bad. Didn't see a video up there about the Russians in Paris attacking other fans.

Seeing that stuff brings back fond memories of sitting at a bar in the Philippines in 2004 I think. Lots of regulars there from US, UK, and Australia all of whom I knew. There was some international tourney going on and since I mix them up I can't say what is was. So, for this particular night, the crowd has separated instead of being mixed given that we all know each other. The Brits on one side of the bar and the Aussies on the other with us Americans in the middle. They are all wearing their respective colors and are chanting and throwing insults at each other. Meanwhile Fred, the manager, and I sit in the middle shaking our heads while being amused. Funny as hell.

Oracle
26 Jun 16,, 04:25
/\/\/\ Must have been cricket. Aussies rival everybody because they're good.

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 14:56
Not that I care as I am a Yank who is nonetheless amazed at how much emotion both sports arouse good natured and bad.
boston red sox vs yanks

No american sport is as ruthless though. Can play a man or more down. Penalties deciding futures. Extraordinarily cruel, to the players as well as supporters.

That's what drives the emotions up.

Football is supposed to be like life.

Didn't see a video up there about the Russians in Paris attacking other fans.
They wore black shirts, lokomotiv moscow supporters. They seemed organised and fought well in groups.

Nobody misses Russia in this tournament, they got knocked out.

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 14:58
At the police

https://youtu.be/geG_SzPQ2k4
Could be thier last hurrah, they're up against the french and it isn't even the quarter finals.

Spain vs Italy will be huge. Some weird pairings here so early on. People blaming Plaitni for favouring quantity over quality.

They enlarged the pool to get into the Euro this year, which is a good thing i think.

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 15:04
French just conceded a penalty...

Less than 5 mins old this game is.

tankie
26 Jun 16,, 15:09
C,mon the paddies

My friend has two tickets for the final of Euro 2016 but he is getting married on that day and cannot attend. If anyone wants to take his place, the wedding is at St Peter's Church, Croft on Tees Darlington and the Bride's name is Susan

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 15:51
Haha....

Cracking first half. Irish looking very keen.

tankie
26 Jun 16,, 16:17
Best game is tomorrow , England V Iceland , of whom i have an admiration for for getting this far , well done Iceland ,,,,,,,shit frogs just scored haha

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 16:37
One minute Irish eyes are smiling, now they're looking at one down with one man sent off.

French are looking like they can advance in this tournament, Good stuff.

tankie
26 Jun 16,, 17:45
Eire out , Now for Slovakia to shove it up the krauts woo hoo ,,,,,,,,,maybe haha

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh bollox , krauts 1 ,,cmon slovaks

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 18:50
Not happening m8. We are seeing why the current world cup champions are the champions.

Next one will be better, Hungary vs Belgium. Very close and i tip the magyars to get it.

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 22:39
Actually not close, the Belgians are 3 up and the Hungarians don't seem interested.

Marty Mcfly
26 Jun 16,, 22:58
So, how's the feetsball doing? Distract you enough from what is REALLY going on? Cheering on the kaffirs that should be plowing fields or dead from AIDS if they were back where they belong? Feel real good, right? Douchbags.

Double Edge
26 Jun 16,, 23:42
So, how's the feetsball doing? Distract you enough from what is REALLY going on? Cheering on the kaffirs that should be plowing fields or dead from AIDS if they were back where they belong? Feel real good, right? Douchbags.
lol wut ?

Doktor
27 Jun 16,, 08:12
lol wut ?

He was saying it ended 4:0

Parihaka
27 Jun 16,, 08:37
I can see the foot skills are there, and the acting ability, both essential. Now if we could only teach you to use your hands as well.........

Double Edge
27 Jun 16,, 10:34
He was saying it ended 4:0
What a stunner.

In the studio they were looking at the hungarian players as they arrived at the stadium, they all showed up in suits and strolling travel bags and the commentator was saying it looks like they are planning to go home. Basically enjoy that they have reached this far.

Undefeated in their last 3 matches, i thought they would do a lot better. Kept on rotating players so all the subs got a chance to play, they did not have a main team they played consistently.

Belgians are the dark horse.

Doktor
27 Jun 16,, 10:52
Belgians are the best ranked team on the tourney.

FIFA Rankings
# Team Points
1 Argentina 1503.00
2 Belgium 1384.00
3 Colombia 1328.00
4 Germany 1310.00

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 13:38
Yes Belgium showed why they are numero uno , however , the krauts are not far behind , but dont discount our English prima donnas , overpaid thespians , but , they are of course my team . Next Iceland , jeeeez if they beat us ,ohhhhhhh dear , bye bye Hodgson . And shrek aka rooney with his b/s excuses . ahhhhhh well ,,,hingerland hingerland hingerlannnnnnnnd

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 13:43
lol wut ?

Dont worry mate , mcfly from bermuda has found the triangle and disappeared up his own hole , wanker .

YellowFever
27 Jun 16,, 13:45
I Hope the Limeys suffer the same fate as the Mexicans did against Chile in the Copa America.

I mean I can't stand tankie getting everything he wants in the last week or so.

We need to wipe that smirk off of his face. :P

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 13:46
I can see the foot skills are there, and the acting ability, both essential. Now if we could only teach you to use your hands as well.........

Yea but we have them as well , they seem to have funny shaped balls , the British lions innit . Who have more success than the overpaid pissbladder kickers ,,rooney at man u gets 300.000 pounds , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,per week , ffs ,Iian ,its obscene

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 13:51
I Hope the Limeys suffer the same fate as the Mexicans did against Chile in the Copa America.

Just admit it ,,you love me dontchya , sorry Jason my lovely but i only bat for the other side , curves tits n , well ,,you know .smirk smirk ,,but tell the truth , if we beat iceland i reckon that's as far as we go in this tourney . as for the other thingy ,,it aint over matey , not by a long chalk .

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 14:35
Cmonnnnnnnnnn portugal , hahahahahahahaha

https://youtu.be/mRjyXVbZNDM

Double Edge
27 Jun 16,, 18:14
Yes Belgium showed why they are numero uno , however , the krauts are not far behind , but dont discount our English prima donnas , overpaid thespians , but , they are of course my team . Next Iceland , jeeeez if they beat us ,ohhhhhhh dear , bye bye Hodgson . And shrek aka rooney with his b/s excuses . ahhhhhh well ,,,hingerland hingerland hingerlannnnnnnnd
Are you familair with the new players, i can recognise a few from each team that are the old guard.

Spain vs Italy, already ? aren't they supposed to be meeting up a little later in the tournament.

Spain did not do too well at the last world cup, did not even get past the quailifying stages.

yet the people in the studio tip them to win against italy. Why ?

Iniesta is a nightmare to guard against.

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 18:26
Seems to be all Italy at the mo

Double Edge
27 Jun 16,, 18:52
Yeah, we will have to see more from the current euro cup holders.

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 19:49
Spain well stuffed 2 0 , eyeties thro

Double Edge
27 Jun 16,, 20:44

Who knows. if England loses to Iceland, they will have gone out of the euro TWICE in a week :O

Parihaka
27 Jun 16,, 20:48
Who knows. if England loses to Iceland, they will have gone out of the euro TWICE in a week :O
Ha haaaaah :O

Doktor
27 Jun 16,, 21:01

Imagine the irony if they actually win the Euro.

Double Edge
27 Jun 16,, 21:24
Imagine the irony if they actually win the Euro.
Best way to piss off ALL the Euros :D

Gonna have to pull their socks up, the Icelanders are leading 2-1 after losing a penalty at the beginning.

Cracking game. This one is like the France - Ireland one.

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 21:25
We r shite

Doktor
27 Jun 16,, 21:49
We r shite

Damn right. Never seen England this desperate so early in the game. Against an debuting outsider ffs.

Your defence is in shambles.

Double Edge
27 Jun 16,, 21:57
Won't do mate, this england team has to go further than others in recent memory for many reasons.

Doktor
27 Jun 16,, 22:03
Won't do mate, this england team has to go further than others in recent memory for many reasons.

I have to get millions for many reasons.

Even if they fix this game, next one is France and that will be it.

tankie
27 Jun 16,, 23:02
Well played Iceland ,smirk well wiped yella , Hodgson has to go , that game was beyond embarrassing, well done Iceland .

Doktor
27 Jun 16,, 23:12
HodgSON.

Let it sink for a while.

YellowFever
28 Jun 16,, 02:11

Bravo.

Well played, sir.

Doktor
28 Jun 16,, 09:41
Not much of a choice, eh?

tankie
28 Jun 16,, 13:43
And their coach is a dentist , well they certainly pulled the teeth from Englands game , totally embarrassing display , as stated overpaid prima pissbladder kickers with no passion , wankers . Well done Iceland

Hodgson resigned . If he was Japanese his sword wud need cleaning .

Doktor
28 Jun 16,, 13:47
Part time dentist*

He doesn't even have a full-time job mate.

Proud Albion turned into a joke last night. But hey, at least Wayne didn't say their small-minded.

tankie
28 Jun 16,, 14:56
That game last night was the worst England have ever produced , yea Goran , very phallic indeed , totally embarrassing , but once again , well done Iceland and i hope you do the frogs next woohoo .

Hey Yella ,, c,mon ???

tankie
28 Jun 16,, 15:32
Our team , collective worth in monetary value , millions , FFS , go get real jobs

YellowFever
28 Jun 16,, 15:33
Hey Yella ,, c,mon ???

Where we going? :P

It doesn't matter if your players lost or not.

Your players will always be better because the UK players do not need acute accents to write their names.

Hooray for the UK!

Doktor
28 Jun 16,, 15:58
It's England, ffs!

Wales is fine, thanks for asking.

tankie
28 Jun 16,, 16:01
Screw wales .After seeing their celebrations after we went out ,,,screw wales .

YellowFever
28 Jun 16,, 16:09
It's England, ffs!

Wales is fine, thanks for asking.

Bleh.

What's the diff.

It's soccer

YellowFever
28 Jun 16,, 16:51
Screw wales .After seeing their celebrations after we went out ,,,screw wales .

Bad form, Wales...tsk tsk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/90thMin/status/747553101440245760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

tankie
28 Jun 16,, 17:29
they are very very naughty boys

tankie
29 Jun 16,, 10:03
Englands mentors advance

Iceland name squad for France game
Iceland line up in case you missed it...
1. Postmansson
2. Doctorsson
3. Grocersson
4. Buildersandson
4. Fishermansson
5. Coppersson
6. Lorrydriversson
7. Teachersson
8. Actualfootballerson
9. Butchersson
10. Bakersson
11. Candlestickmakersson

Doktor
29 Jun 16,, 13:14
In the other news

'England players are frantically googling "football" after playing Iceland' ��

tankie
29 Jun 16,, 13:19
In the other news

'England players are frantically googling "football" after playing Iceland' ��

hahahahahaha in my view , they should be googling for jobs Goran .

Double Edge
29 Jun 16,, 14:48
hrm, yes if the players can't deliver then there's always the fans :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAU4hCBilbI

Let's pretend!
Let's pretend!
Let's pretend we scored a goal!

hoanglam
30 Jun 16,, 09:28
I'm fan German team :D :D

tankie
30 Jun 16,, 14:06
hrm, yes if the players can't deliver then there's always the fans :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAU4hCBilbI

Let's pretend!
Let's pretend!
Let's pretend we scored a goal!

What a bellend .

tankie
30 Jun 16,, 14:07
I'm fan German team :D :D

Ah well ,, you picked a good team to support .

tankie
30 Jun 16,, 19:16
Poland for me tonight .

Double Edge
30 Jun 16,, 23:21
Yes, i'd like to see the Poles advance.

If the Portuguese don't score, they won't survive penalties. This group of Poles take penalties like Germans.

I'd love to see a penalty shoot out between those two....

Double Edge
30 Jun 16,, 23:50
Hrm, not quite like germans.

5 for 5 , portugal in the semis.

Damn it, the better team lost :/

Doktor
01 Jul 16,, 10:50
I am taking bets on Wales :)

tankie
01 Jul 16,, 11:42
Yes, i'd like to see the Poles advance.

If the Portuguese don't score, they won't survive penalties. This group of Poles take penalties like Germans.

I'd love to see a penalty shoot out between those two....

You got ya wish mate , hard luck Poland , the pen shoot out is a rotten way to lose , but the best team lost imo ,,same as England ,

iiinnnncccoommmmiinnggggggggggggggggggggggggg lol

Double Edge
01 Jul 16,, 12:01

Against belgium ?

no penalties belgians through.

tankie
01 Jul 16,, 12:46
G/Bale is coming into his game now , be afraid be verrrry afraid , but i hope they get stuffed lol

Double Edge
01 Jul 16,, 13:10
Yeah, you could say Wales got this far due to his efforts.

He'll have to be best player in the world to go to the semis.

Curious that, of all the countries from the UK still in the tournament it would be Wales.

tankie
01 Jul 16,, 13:18
Not really curious mate , they play like a team , unlike England whos arrogance is they believe because they get paid megga megga bucks that they are actually worth it and only have to turn up to win , will they ever learn , nope , not as long as the money is thrown around like it is ,,no passion england ,,good luck to all still in it

Double Edge
01 Jul 16,, 19:29
Not really curious mate , they play like a team , unlike England whos arrogance is they believe because they get paid megga megga bucks that they are actually worth it and only have to turn up to win , will they ever learn , nope , not as long as the money is thrown around like it is ,,no passion england ,,good luck to all still in it
Welsh certainly have bonded well.

Get paid mega bucks in other leagues too, Spanish, German, Italian. it seems like a bunch of players that have not played together long enough. Bunch of strangers, going through the motions. Does not feel like a team. It wasn't always like this though but since the last decade it seems that way. Nothing untoward in the tabloids though about any rebellions, all quiet.

Italians played well against Spain. Hate watching them, so cynical. Surprised me, putting it down to their coach who's off to Chelsea next season.

Crazy game, quite a few times now i see subs come on and all of a sudden they change the pace of the game and score and you wonder why they didn't start. Why weren't they in the first 11.

Double Edge
02 Jul 16,, 00:02
There will be upsets. Who was expecting this...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2016/07/01/celeb-afp-large_trans++OHNs0Y5vwBZmXiYbjSVrpHTEbQqSzpRgDPHM4 NSH_9I.jpg

Fantastic win for wales :D

Quality goals.

Onwards to the finals.

Oracle
02 Jul 16,, 05:50
Hey DE, long time no see. Wales beat Belgium? Euro 2016 is fixed. :-)

Doktor
02 Jul 16,, 06:11

Told you

Double Edge
02 Jul 16,, 11:27
Hey DE, long time no see. Wales beat Belgium? Euro 2016 is fixed. :-)
Left half looks easier than right

http://i.imgur.com/9LWC8q4.jpg

They're blaming Platini.

For allowing more teams in, causes too many permutations, lowers quality apparently.

Germany has had it easy so far. Not been tested yet.

Double Edge
02 Jul 16,, 11:36
Told you
No Ramsey for the next game.

Doktor
02 Jul 16,, 13:56

They're blaming Platini.

For allowing more teams in, causes too many permutations, lowers quality apparently.

The ultimate test is tonight. 9th time for a luck?

Doktor
02 Jul 16,, 13:57
No Ramsey for the next game.

Meh, Portugal will be dull anyway

Oracle
02 Jul 16,, 16:27

They're blaming Platini.

Germans will win.

Double Edge
02 Jul 16,, 20:35
Germany have never lost a Euro quarter final.

Italy have never lost a competitive match to Germany.

Either way, after tonight one of the above will no longer be true.

tankie
02 Jul 16,, 21:13
C,Mon Italy

Double Edge
02 Jul 16,, 22:04
Yeah, feeling it too.

Can the Germans get this monkey off their back, They've lost a final and 3 semis to the Italians.

Commentator mentioned german players looked nervous during the anthem, Italians all were calm & smiles.

The Germans have copied the Italian formation for this game. They've lost Kedira.

Italians looking just that bit better.

Double Edge
03 Jul 16,, 00:42
http://i.imgur.com/KfcKpti.jpg

He went the right way but it just slipped in underneath.

That was all that separated the two.

tankie
03 Jul 16,, 03:30
Penalties , bollox , hate it when it comes to them ,still , well done krauts , they must be fav now .Haa if Italy had won they would have had a new team for the next game all the cards they got

Double Edge
03 Jul 16,, 12:57
The first ten were like competing for who could miss more. Couldn't handle the pressure. oh yeah, germans too. Took 18 penalties to settle it. Can't remember it taking that many before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H68JLUqMJ1M

Takes a penalty like this at a knockout match !!!

they brought him on at the end of extra time presumably because he would be taking them.

Double Edge
03 Jul 16,, 13:06
they must be fav now
Don't know about that. The italians held them back quite well with their tactics, who ever plays them next will do the same. Don't expect a handball from boateng in the penalty box again though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-world-cup-usa-94-holders-beaten-by-bold-bulgaria-stoichkov-and-lechkov-strike-with-two-1413186.html

remember that?

Wales vs Iceland for the final :D

Doktor
03 Jul 16,, 15:41
Well, the Greeks were champions, right?

tankie
03 Jul 16,, 17:30

True , just before the other EU austeritised em

Doktor
03 Jul 16,, 18:54
Hey a German was their manager ;)

Oracle
03 Jul 16,, 19:10

The Greeks were Champions because of their defense, not because they played good football. I consider offence as a hallmark of a good team. Just look at the Germans.

True , just before the other EU austeritised em

Lol.

Doktor
03 Jul 16,, 20:21
Greeks under German management can do wanders I tell ya.

All the current teams are attacking, unless faced with stronger offense

tankie
03 Jul 16,, 21:35
France doing the Iceland in 2 up in 20 , r u watching England ��

hoanglam
04 Jul 16,, 13:06
There will be upsets. Who was expecting this...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2016/07/01/celeb-afp-large_trans++OHNs0Y5vwBZmXiYbjSVrpHTEbQqSzpRgDPHM4 NSH_9I.jpg

Fantastic win for wales :D

Quality goals.

Onwards to the finals.
Nice team :D

Double Edge
04 Jul 16,, 13:32
Hmm, so Iceland were defrosted by France :/

If that is the French managers doing then we're in for a good match against Germany.

tankie
06 Jul 16,, 21:09
Any predictions guys ,, Wales v Portugal , mines 2 2 , Then penalties .

Double Edge
06 Jul 16,, 23:58
Aww Wales lost. What happened ? Portugal woke up that they were a team.

Supporting France tomorrow.

tankie
07 Jul 16,, 01:12
Yup they lost , well done wales n well done Portugal, spose I'm gonna stick with the krauts to be champions then , here's hoping I'm wrong ��

Double Edge
08 Jul 16,, 10:41
Who says the Germans can't be beat. Another penalty conceded due to handball. Individual errors along with bad luck.

About time France lifts the cup. They have a good team.

tankie
08 Jul 16,, 12:04
It wasnt a good game was it , im hoping the final will be better .

Doktor
08 Jul 16,, 14:16
It was a good game. Both teams were into it from start till the end.

tankie
08 Jul 16,, 14:49
It was a good game. Both teams were into it from start till the end.

As you wish Goran , i thought it wasnt upto a semi at all ,england v iceland was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better , harhar ,,,, good point tho ,,,the krauts are out , yaayyyyy , c,mon now the frogs .

Double Edge
08 Jul 16,, 17:40
Not up to a semi ? man the germans have been put on a death march. One final after the next. Italy, then France.

The Italy game they only just scraped through. They did dominate in the French game but the errors cost them. Many times their shots just missed the goal. Against different teams they'd have been in the finals.

Last time Portugal was in the Euro final at home, Greece won it (!)

Doktor
08 Jul 16,, 18:44
Yep, Ronaldo missed it.

Double Edge
09 Jul 16,, 08:39
What i like about this tournament so far is how clean the play has been. Good spirited.

No controversies about ref decisions.

Not a single sending off and its the final.

Double Edge
11 Jul 16,, 00:57
Wasn't expecting this result...How did it happen!!

http://i.imgur.com/3XBzBDJ.jpg

Lost Ronaldo to injury after the first twenty. Good omen ?

http://i.imgur.com/i05Jz8e.jpg

Beat the current world champions Germany 2-0 and then lose to Portugal!

http://i.imgur.com/EkvnXbL.jpg

A lot of after match parties had to be cancelled :/

Doktor
11 Jul 16,, 05:53
The best team of the night and the worst team on the tourney won.

Go figure.

tankie
11 Jul 16,, 07:46
Crap game .

Double Edge
11 Jul 16,, 15:18
The best team of the night and the worst team on the tourney won.

Go figure.
Remembering what Nani said after the draw with Austria and the team was getting flak at home.

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was the chief culprit at the Parc des Princes, missing a penalty and a series of other opportunities, as Portugal were held for a second successive Group F match.

With just two points from two games, following Tuesday's draw against minnows Iceland, Portugal will now be under pressure to deliver when they face Hungary in their final group game.

Forward Nani, who hit the post in the first half, told uefa.com: "We had to win, we gave it everything. We did everything right but the ball did not go in, once again.

"What can we say? We cannot excuse ourselves with, 'The ball won't go in' - we had chances. The team played really well.

"Once again we showed that we can play good football. We were superior, we controlled the match against a strong team that also played excellent football, but that's it.

"I think our moment will come, and it's right in the next match. There is no other way, it really has to happen."

That must it, 'the ball won't go in'

http://i.imgur.com/98JraMr.jpg

See..

http://i.imgur.com/SwTetGk.jpg

Would have been France's winner.

tantalus
11 Jul 16,, 23:21
What i like about this tournament so far is how clean the play has been. Good spirited.

No controversies about ref decisions.

Not a single sending off and its the final.
I thought it was the best officiated tournament I have ever watched. Refs allowed much greater contact and were far less likely to blow the whistle, definitely harder to generate undeserved frees and fewer key mistakes over all. Impressive.

Big K
12 Jul 16,, 08:07
the only thing that i liked about this tournament was our national teams miserable failure...

it was greatly needed...

those hugely overpayed, incredibly narcist, terribly ignorant Turkish players and their coach (terim).

can you believe that he (terim) was the 3rd or 4th top earner in Euro2016? the players also gained hundreds of thousands of euros (for doing what?)... and i strongly believe that they deserve NOTHING at all.

i really think that money should be put out of any sports (which is an utopia... i know).