PDA

View Full Version : Home Bar Pictures

antimony
25 Oct 15,, 05:41
As a non drinker, I have till now not stored any alcohol at home. The result, although our guests leave our parties well fed, some of them leave thirsty. There have been cases where someone brought us a bottle of wine as a gift and then had to down the bottle themselves.

I have decided to rectify the situation and have started a home bar collection. Posting the pics here.

I have tried to cover the basics, with the some standard liquors, bitters as well as some bar tools.

I eventually want to add some scotch (blended + single malt) and some cognac to the mix

cataphract
25 Oct 15,, 15:12
Good stuff. I'd keep the beer in the fridge, if only a few hours before the guests arrive. Also keep a good stock of soda if your guests are the Indian uncle types.

antimony
25 Oct 15,, 18:27
Good stuff. I'd keep the beer in the fridge, if only a few hours before the guests arrive. Also keep a good stock of soda if your guests are the Indian uncle types.

Soda and tonic water are there on the side; they come in handy for cocktails like mojito

Oracle
26 Oct 15,, 18:39
Stella is my favorite beer, packs a punch. :-)

Now, stop lying and admit that you're like the other 99.9%. :-)))

Pedicabby
26 Oct 15,, 18:51
Stella is my favorite beer, packs a punch. :-)

Gotta love wife beater. I'm drinking one now.

gunnut
26 Oct 15,, 21:15
As a non drinker, I have till now not stored any alcohol at home. The result, although our guests leave our parties well fed, some of them leave thirsty. There have been cases where someone brought us a bottle of wine as a gift and then had to down the bottle themselves.

I have decided to rectify the situation and have started a home bar collection. Posting the pics here.

I have tried to cover the basics, with the some standard liquors, bitters as well as some bar tools.

I eventually want to add some scotch (blended + single malt) and some cognac to the mix

You are a bottle of triple sec and sweet & sour mix from a tall glass of Long Island Iced Tea.

Shek
31 Oct 15,, 16:33
Glenlivet 12 or Glendfiddich 12 and Woodford Reserve should be the first whisky bottles to make the shelf.

GVChamp
31 Oct 15,, 18:05
I'll just second what Shek said.

For some reason many of party guests adore Malibu rum. No idea why.

Now comes the fun part....storing all the fun stuff!

antimony
05 Nov 15,, 01:25
Finally got to try my hand at home bartending. Had my first cocktail in 4 years (last one was a margarita in November 2011), a mojito I made myself. Not bad

Gunnut
Cointreau would stand in for the triple sec, and I prefer to use fresh lime juice and sugar

Shek and GV
Good advice on the whiskey. Hopefully would get one soon

Oracle
05 Nov 15,, 14:08
You said you are a non-drinker. What happened? :-)

You're in US. Keep a bottle of Jacks too.

Btw, what is tonic?

antimony
05 Nov 15,, 16:05
You said you are a non-drinker. What happened? :-)

You're in US. Keep a bottle of Jacks too.

Btw, what is tonic?

Look at my drinking record - one cocktail in 2011, the next in 2015

Tonic water is a concoction of water and quinine. Apparently goes well with gin