Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China parade to celebrate defeat of Japan 70 years ago

Anyone watch it?

I watch Xi's speech. It was "blah blah blah China is a peace loving nation blah blah blah China does not have expansion plans blah blah blah China wants friendly relations with the world blah blah blah..." before marching out the ballistic missiles and MBTs across the parade grounds.

Quite amusing.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

loved the look on Putin's face as he watched row after row of new Chinese equipment roll on by, destined to compete for his customers. worse yet not a single tank broke down. :D

Comment

Vlad isn't worried. By the time Russia's chickens come home to roost over China he will be comfortably retired. China will give him what he wants when he needs it. Tough on the future, but he isn't worried about that.
      Last edited by Bigfella; 04 Sep 15,, 06:02.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Pretty quiet here in Chongqing, where they first heard the news of Japan's surrender.
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
          Pretty quiet here in Chongqing, where they first heard the news of Japan's surrender.
          My mom was there 70 years ago, in Chongqing, when she heard the war was over. She recalls hearing her father talking to her mother about going back to Nanking one morning. She was puzzled. Weren't the Japanese still there?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            My mom was there 70 years ago, in Chongqing, when she heard the war was over. She recalls hearing her father talking to her mother about going back to Nanking one morning. She was puzzled. Weren't the Japanese still there?
            Not sure what my grandparents were doing at the time. Knowing my grandpa, he was probably busy making nice with the local Japanese garrison (or at least convincing them that he won't kill them) so they'd hand over their weapons to him. This would have taken a great deal of discipline and restraint on his part and the part of my grandmother since they lost their first and second born while the Japanese was out trying to kill them.

Comment

Is this video a part from the celebration?

No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post

Says right on the video that it's a production by a Chinese internet media company. Maybe they are going to produced the Chinese Call of Duty.

Comment

Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Wow very impressive. They managed to find the CBG on maneuver at sea.

How did the Su-35 take off from the Liaoning with a useful load?

And how did they manage to land all those tracked vehicles on an island?

Comment

Aliens?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

You mean

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          You mean

But I'd still buy the game if they made a decent job of it.....

Comment

They forgot to include this part in the video, how careless.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...June_2014.webm

Comment

Working...
                            X