PDA

View Full Version : flood is bad...

gunnut
17 Aug 15,, 21:19
A supply line in the kitchen ruptured in the middle of the night. It was hours until we noticed it. By then it had flooded the entire first floor. Long story short, the entire flooring has to come out. There's asbestos. Abatement took a week. Repairs started today. I've been in the hotel for 3 weeks already. Hopefully I can be back in the house this weekend.

Yes, I know, flood, drought in CA, ironic...ha ha...laugh it up, fuzz ball.

citanon
17 Aug 15,, 22:00
DOH! Hope everything works out well and there are no more unpleasant surprises!

DOR
18 Aug 15,, 03:19
Send a note to the Guinness Book of World Records folks, or Ripley's Believe it or Not . . . flooding during a California drought.

TopHatter
18 Aug 15,, 03:34
Crap...that ain't good man. :-(

Gun Grape
18 Aug 15,, 04:26
On the bright side. You got rid of the asbestos

Doktor
18 Aug 15,, 09:44

While staying in a hotel.

gunnut
18 Aug 15,, 20:24
Send a note to the Guinness Book of World Records folks, or Ripley's Believe it or Not . . . flooding during a California drought.

Believe it or not, this type of flooding happens quite often. The adjuster knew exactly what parties to call to get this stuff cleaned up. She has handled many claims like this. She took the burst line as evidence. Supposedly the design changed some time ago and now the insurance industry is seeing an increased number of problems like this one. They plan to get together and file a class action law suit against the manufacturer.

Yes, and a new wood floor. But the hassle...man...I really don't want to go through this again any time soon. My blood pressure spiked over the last 3 months due to various problems with the house like this one.

While staying in a hotel.

The hotel is nice, but it ain't home. I can't wait to get back to my gaming machine.....I mean home.

citanon
19 Aug 15,, 01:21
I can't wait to get back to my gaming machine.....I mean home.

Hahah now we hear the truth!

gunnut
31 Aug 15,, 19:43
House is mostly put back together. Now I have to replace some furniture and put stuff back.

I noticed that I have lost 2 bags of coffee from the kitchen...

Doktor
31 Aug 15,, 20:03
Almost?

Coffee?

You are cheap. If you had beer, it would've been done by now. Sorta.