PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to ask

Doktor
11 Apr 15,, 20:42
But, where is tankie?

I know he was utter pissed and then vanished.

Is he OK?

TopHatter
11 Apr 15,, 21:11
No idea unless he returns and tells us.

Bigfella
12 Apr 15,, 02:04
I believe he has (or had) Facebook contact with at least 1 current member. I'm sure we would hear if anything was wrong. I think he just decided this wasn't the place for him anymore.

texasjohn
14 Apr 15,, 03:15
He is on my facebook friend list. He has not said anything unusual...

Parihaka
14 Apr 15,, 05:35
He got the miff because of this thread
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/field-mess/65888-rothschild.html

gunnut
21 Apr 15,, 01:03
I'm afraid to ask: who didn't pay the bill and had the account suspended?

zraver
21 Apr 15,, 01:24
Tankie is good, I talk to him frequently. I still want to know where Chogy went.

TopHatter
21 Apr 15,, 01:25
I'm afraid to ask: who didn't pay the bill and had the account suspended?

LOL Well if we had a bill to pay in the first place, I could start pointing fingers :biggrin:

gunnut
21 Apr 15,, 02:09
Even now much of the data base doesn't seem to function properly.

TopHatter
21 Apr 15,, 02:24
Even now much of the data base doesn't seem to function properly.

No, it's not. Plenty of repair work still to be done.

Doktor
21 Apr 15,, 08:46
Tankie is good, I talk to him frequently. I still want to know where Chogy went.

Say hi to Erik.

Me too.

zraver
21 Apr 15,, 17:21
Say hi to Erik.

Me too.

Done

zraver
21 Apr 15,, 17:25
He says hi back.

Monash
22 Apr 15,, 01:07
Good to see the forum back up - I was having mild WAB withdrawal symptoms. If I may ask what exactly was the cause of the problem?

TopHatter
22 Apr 15,, 04:54
Good to see the forum back up - I was having mild WAB withdrawal symptoms. If I may ask what exactly was the cause of the problem?

Hopefully this link will work http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=66031

If not, find the thread called "Post Reply Issue?"

tankie
23 Apr 15,, 19:36
Say hi to Erik.

Me too.

Hy Dok , alls well matey

Doktor
24 Apr 15,, 08:30
Hy Dok , alls well matey

Good to hear matey

Sitting Bull
24 Apr 15,, 12:31
It would be a real shame to lose WAB, even after a couple of days I was really missing reading the comments here. There really is no other place like it on the web, a real gold mine of information, and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. There's discussions of almost anything military related - I haven't even scratched the surface of all the valuable material posted here. You guys bring a knowledge and perspective to the table that goes way beyond the superficial gloss over in the mainstream news. WAB should be required reading for every head of state or defence minister!

SlaterDoc
25 Apr 15,, 16:48
Top, with the recovery being a slow process it may be helpful to make a "sticky" out of one of these threads that explains what's going on. I know that several members that only frequent certain subjects still think it's them!
After the 24 hours goes by the "what happened" discussions no longer show on the "new posts".
That is of course if you are able to at this point.

No, it's not. Plenty of repair work still to be done.

TopHatter
25 Apr 15,, 19:40
Top, with the recovery being a slow process it may be helpful to make a "sticky" out of one of these threads that explains what's going on. I know that several members that only frequent certain subjects still think it's them!
After the 24 hours goes by the "what happened" discussions no longer show on the "new posts".
That is of course if you are able to at this point.

Done, although it will still disappear from the New Posts section without responses.

Julie
25 Apr 15,, 20:17
Miracles do happen. All my short-cut and quick links features are working, and I can access any thread without having to do it manually!

It, its like a have a new account! Thank God for small favors. :)

tbm3fan
25 Apr 15,, 20:21
Now how the heck can "eBaysellingtips" access the "China overtakes Japan as..." and I can't. Maybe I need to become a bot?

TopHatter
25 Apr 15,, 20:35
Now how the heck can "eBaysellingtips" access the "China overtakes Japan as..." and I can't. Maybe I need to become a bot?

Glitches glitches glitches. :)

As I said on the Forum Outage thread, we're in something of a holding pattern in the fixes fixes fixes department.

tbm3fan
25 Apr 15,, 22:25
Glitches glitches glitches. :)

As I said on the Forum Outage thread, we're in something of a holding pattern in the fixes fixes fixes department.

Starting to rhyme from one sentence to the nest. Taking up poetry...?

tbm3fan
25 Apr 15,, 22:27
Crap edit doesn't work. nest=next You get the idea...

TopHatter
25 Apr 15,, 23:32
Starting to rhyme from one sentence to the nest. Taking up poetry...?

Was in a weird poetic mood I guess :biggrin:

blidgepump
28 Apr 15,, 15:03
what value is there in the bot taking over the WAB ?
is it purely a hostage / ransom scenario ?
the world affair board waits .......

Oracle
29 Apr 15,, 15:37
Can't post anything, anywhere. Post reply issue.

Oracle
29 Apr 15,, 15:39
Bah! The post went through.