16 Nov 14,, 22:28
:danc:
Happy birthday mate

Officer of Engineers
16 Nov 14,, 22:51
Is he sober?

Doktor
16 Nov 14,, 23:21
Happy birthday mate, hope all your supplies came just in time.

Albany Rifles
17 Nov 14,, 00:56
Thanks all.

Spent day picking up leaves and driving AR Junior back to college.

Getting ready for Patriots-Colts at 2030.....which is when I plan on solving the sobriety question, Colonel.

DonBelt
17 Nov 14,, 05:14
And the Pats are NOT disappointing! :pop:

JAD_333
17 Nov 14,, 05:17
Happy Birthday, Buck...and many more.

lemontree
17 Nov 14,, 08:53
Belated Birthday wishes AR.

Albany Rifles
17 Nov 14,, 15:09
Thanks John & Aldrin

And Don...an AWESOME (imagine Chris Farley voice) game last night!

Doktor
16 Nov 16,, 10:07
Time to revive this :)

Happy Birthday, buddy!

S2
16 Nov 16,, 12:36
Buck,

Happy birthday to you! They really become cause for celebration at this point. Sadly, finding the energy to stay out late past 1830hrs becomes a real challenge. My money's on you though. I figure you can probably easily hang till 1900hrs. Maybe even a couple slices of pizza and a pint.

Afterall, age is really just a state of mind.

Oh Boy!

astralis
16 Nov 16,, 14:37
S2,

singular pint? singular??

Buck,

ignore that sad talk, I think you are fully capable of -two- pints! :-) happy birthday!

YellowFever
16 Nov 16,, 16:25
I think 1 pint is OK.

2 pints might loosen his denture adhesive. :)

Have a great birthday!

Albany Rifles
16 Nov 16,, 16:30
Thanks all.

1. I don't have dentures...I have a bridge, though....from a puck when I was 17.

2. There will be many pints raised tonight...not because its my birthday but because Household 6 and I have to go over healthcare plan options since we are switching from hers to mine this year.

But th plus side is I have set my retirement date for 4 years from today!

JAD_333
16 Nov 16,, 17:11
Happy Birthday, Buck.

Some Civil War action must have happened on this date. Too lazy to look it up, but hope you have a great day.

Albany Rifles
16 Nov 16,, 18:44
Happy Birthday, Buck.

Some Civil War action must have happened on this date. Too lazy to look it up, but hope you have a great day.

Thanks. And on this date in 1861 James M. Mason and John Slidell, Confederate ambassadors to the UK & France who were seized illegally by the captain of the USS San Jacinto, were landed in Boston, MA. Their seizure almost led to war with England and France. They were released on 1 JAN 62.

So I got that going for me!

Parihaka
16 Nov 16,, 20:20
Happy birthday Buck. How the hell can you consider retirement?

S2
16 Nov 16,, 20:26
I'm convinced I begin dying the day I stop working.

My sensibilities have become so uber-warped. Sucked into the delusion that productivity is the ultimate measure of worth.

Totally sick and can't be shaken…but, there it is.

Albany Rifles
16 Nov 16,, 20:56
Retirement decision is simple....so many battlefields still to walk. Plus I will volunteer as a docent at 2 Civil War sites here in Virginia...for when we are not at our retirement place we are planning in Massachusetts!

SteveDaPirate
16 Nov 16,, 22:46

My sensibilities have become so uber-warped. Sucked into the delusion that productivity is the ultimate measure of worth.

Men are judged by their accomplishments and the value they can provide. I don't think there is any delusion there, we simply don't have the same innate value to society as women or children.

That said, a lot of guys do very valuable things by following their passions after retirement. I think the Captian, Rusty, and the battleship boys on this board are a great example of that.

Retire to work on something you care about enough to do whether you're paid or not, and you'll never have to worry about your sense of self worth.

The only delusion I see is the idea that money is an accurate measure of the value you provide to society.

SteveDaPirate
16 Nov 16,, 22:50
Hope you had a good one AR!

Gun Grape
17 Nov 16,, 01:58
How did I miss this?

Happy belated B-Day AR

2. There will be many pints raised tonight..

I thing Yeller was thinking pints of beer. Not pints of the stuff you old folks drink. (Prune Juice and Ensure)

tbm3fan
17 Nov 16,, 08:00
Thanks all.

1. I don't have dentures...I have a bridge, though....from a puck when I was 17.

2. There will be many pints raised tonight...not because its my birthday but because Household 6 and I have to go over healthcare plan options since we are switching from hers to mine this year.

But th plus side is I have set my retirement date for 4 years from today!

Many pints huh? When then enjoy each and every one of them. Hopefully they are used to wash something good down. I know next month it will be sushi and sake for me with maybe a Sapporo on the side.

tbm3fan
17 Nov 16,, 08:01

That is profound. Ok, what's next everyone...?

Albany Rifles
17 Nov 16,, 16:41
Hey Gunny...thanks (I think). And it was actually Labatts Blue last night.

Thanks also to Steve & TBM,

Federal Health Open Season just opened so I actually spent it with my wife going over the various healthplan options. We are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate.

S2
17 Nov 16,, 18:47
"...We are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate."

Your health plan decision?

Well…I guess we're really thrashing around for reasons to celebrate these days, eh?(;-)

Albany Rifles
17 Nov 16,, 19:45
[QUOTE=S2;1016503]"...We are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate."

Your health plan decision?

Well…I guess we're really thrashing around for reasons to celebrate these days, eh?(;-)[/QUOTE

Dude, there are some days I celebrate the fact my truck goes into gear with no problem!!!

JAD_333
17 Nov 16,, 20:42

Take heart, Steve, and all you old guys out there. Best part of an interview with Clint Eastwood. "NEVER LET THE OLD MAN IN." http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a46893/double-trouble-clint-and-scott-eastwood/

ESQ: How do you stay vital? You're eighty-six but still making great work.

CE: Yeah, you're as young as you feel. As young as you want to be. There's an old saying I heard from a friend of mine. People ask him, "Why do you look so good at your age?" He'll say, "Because I never let the old man in." And there's truth to that. It's in your mind, how far you let him come in.

"I couldn't be more proud of him. I couldn't be more inspired by the films he makes."—Scott Eastwood

ESQ: Have you ever let the old man in?

CE: No.

ESQ: Never?

CE: No. He ain't out there.

ESQ: You don't even hear him in the middle of the night, knocking on the door?

CE: Once in a while, you get up and you've got a crick in your back and you go, [moans]. But you shake it away and you walk it off.

S2
17 Nov 16,, 22:18
JAD,

As with much here at WAB, I'll follow your lead. Sage and valued advice seems one of your many attributes.

S2
17 Nov 16,, 22:21
Buck,

"Dude, there are some days I celebrate the fact my truck goes into gear with no problem!!!"

For you to even be trying means that you've already gotten yourself into gear. That's the important thingy. NEVER LET THE OLD MAN IN.