PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when...

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 21:30
I am sitting in a bus, a pretty girl smiles at me pointedly :wors:. ! . What should I do? Meaning how to initiate a talk. I would look loser if I run towards her altogether!! I have never got the hang of this, I just cant find a way to initiate a talk. I am in India, you don't have first sex then love kind of thing here!! Most of my friends are nerdy, so no point asking them.
Thank You.
:red:

PS: Is this kind of post allowed??:redface:

TopHatter
28 Oct 14,, 21:39

Sure, it's the Pub. You can talk about whatever you want.

I can give you Step One: Smile back her :)

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 21:55
I can give you Step One: Smile back her :)

Missed a couple of opportunities doing that. How to approach a girl without proper introduction from someone?? After smiling what? Just go and ask her name! I think that will be stupid...

Officer of Engineers
28 Oct 14,, 21:56
I am sitting in a bus, a pretty girl smiles at me pointedly :wors:. ! . What should I do? Meaning how to initiate a talk."Hi."

Officer of Engineers
28 Oct 14,, 21:58
Missed a couple of opportunities doing that. How to approach a girl without proper introduction from someone?? After smiling what? Just go and ask her name! I think that will be stupid...No, that is exactly what you should do. What's the worst that could happen? You don't see her outside the bus? What is so different from this already?

If you want an opener, "Hi, I'm Popillol. I'm shy but you could make me unshy."

SteveDaPirate
28 Oct 14,, 21:58
Usually that is an invitation to come over and say hello. So go for it!

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 22:01
I run out of words, I mean what to talk to someone you haven't known? 2 lines and everything I have to ask finishes! Its easier said than done for me atleast!

Officer of Engineers
28 Oct 14,, 22:06
"I'm shy. Help me to become unshy."

Officer of Engineers
28 Oct 14,, 22:07
You want a guarranteed coversation? Ask her about her shoes and where she got it and why she chosed that pair and how long did it take.

That should last days.

SteveDaPirate
28 Oct 14,, 22:07
Ask her a question, it doesn't matter what. Then tell her you really just asked because you wanted an excuse to come over and talk to her.

Or just try "Hi I'm Popillol, I don't think we've met.

If you are feeling really ballsy and want to go the other direction entirely you could try this.

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 22:12
"I'm shy. Help me to become unshy."

That's a nice line I think :)
On shoes one though: Really?? I just met her, I should ask about shoes?

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 22:15
If you are feeling really ballsy and want to go the other direction entirely you could try this.

No way!! :red:

Officer of Engineers
28 Oct 14,, 22:17
That's a nice line I think :)
On shoes one though: Really?? I just met her, I should ask about shoes?Really. You just want to start a conversation so you can learn things about her ... and women always talk about shoes.

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 22:23
Hmmm.. I will try it next time, will come back if it goes wrong! Or right!!

Officer of Engineers
28 Oct 14,, 22:31
No, you won't. You will just chicken out.

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 22:43
No, you won't. You will just chicken out.
:tank:
I will not think much during that time, so won't chicken out :mad:

TopHatter
28 Oct 14,, 22:57
:tank:
I will not think much during that time, so won't chicken out :mad:

Excellent strategy. If you think, you'll overthink. If you get shy, make a joke about it.

If you can make a girl laugh, your chances will improve.

Blademaster
28 Oct 14,, 23:01
I am sitting in a bus, a pretty girl smiles at me pointedly :wors:. ! . What should I do? Meaning how to initiate a talk. I would look loser if I run towards her altogether!! I have never got the hang of this, I just cant find a way to initiate a talk. I am in India, you don't have first sex then love kind of thing here!! Most of my friends are nerdy, so no point asking them.
Thank You.
:red:

Just remember no eve teasing. If you like her and you respect her, you should wait until both of you get off the bus and you introduce yourself politely and respectfully. Or you make the introductions before you get on the bus. In India, introducing yourself on the bus will lend itself the wrong impression to the girl.

popillol
28 Oct 14,, 23:06
Just remember no eve teasing.
Of course!

If you like her and you respect her, you should wait until both of you get off the bus and you introduce yourself politely and respectfully. Or you make the introductions before you get on the bus. In India, introducing yourself on the bus will lend itself the wrong impression to the girl.
Yeah, will keep that in mind.

bonehead
29 Oct 14,, 05:16
Seriously. Grow a pair.

Then go over and introduce yourself. Get her name. Keep the conversation light at first. Be honest. If you lie at first that lie usually will come back to bite you. If she wants you to stick around you will know. If it doesn't work out then what have you lost?

lemontree
29 Oct 14,, 09:55
Which college did you / or do you go to in Mumbai?

You are getting an open invitation to become friends with a girl, and here you are wasting time....gosh!:slap:

popillol
29 Oct 14,, 11:17
Which college did you / or do you go to in Mumbai?

:/ Not everybody in my college is like that. IIT Bombay

Oracle
29 Oct 14,, 20:11
IIT Bombay? Why waste time on buses?

Hiranandani, Powai, is near to you. Go, get me' tiger. :)

FJV
30 Oct 14,, 23:19
You don't really have to say all that much.

Best tip I ever got was that it is best to let her do the talking and you do the listening.

Now, if you are actually paying attention and care about what she is saying, then you might have something and you will be listening to her talking for a very long time.

A VERY LONG TIME...........

Pedicabby
31 Oct 14,, 01:36
How to approach a girl without proper introduction from someone??

I thought your father was supposed to handle this kinds shit for you.

popillol
31 Oct 14,, 02:45
i thought your father was supposed to handle this kinds shit for you.

lol!!!

antimony
31 Oct 14,, 04:57
:/ Not everybody in my college is like that. IIT Bombay

Wear a T-shirt that says IIT Bombay, then go see her mom. Everything will fall in place :)

Officer of Engineers
31 Oct 14,, 04:59
And get him married? Kid, go see the Palm Sisters, it will be cheaper.

Red Team
31 Oct 14,, 06:53
Take what you will from a fellow undergrad (?) in college right now. As a New Yorker I'm not entirely certain if cultural norms in India might render this advice less effective so feel free to give feedback:

--Simple, casual introductions with light small talk work best when going up to a girl. Anything from a simple "Hi, I'm _____" to bringing up something about your present environment (I.e., "Jeez I hate when these buses get crowded.") are good options to start out with. Avoid cheesy pickup lines, they can put you in an awkward dead end situation faster than telling a seven year old that Santa isn't real.

--Keep conversation light: center around topics like classes, current events around the school, the weather etc. Avoid topics like politics (please avoid this) like the plague. Remember, girls are people too (despite sayings to the contrary:biggrin:), engage with them as you would any other friend.

*Just a subset from above, and as a general rule for any conversation; always make him/her feel comfortable with talking to you by actively listening and acknowledging his/her points. You want to engage them in conversation, not dominate it.

--It may be a bit clichéd but maintaining a strong and balanced body posture does help in not only augmenting your appearance, but allows for better airflow thus allowing you to more easily maintain your cool while in conversation. Don't overdo it to look more "manlier," you want to feel as comfortable and at ease as you can.

--Pay attention to what places you approach a girl. Places such as the library or the gym are typically areas where girls (or really most everyone for that matter) do not necessarily want to be "hit on." Busy commute situations (on the bus) like you described can be a mixed bag depending on a number of factors ranging from the mood of the girl, current environment, time of day etc. If you feel that a girl might be checking you out or smiling at you by all means introduce yourself. But as a general rule, at least here in NY, bars and general social gatherings tend to be the most casually accessible place to meet a girl.

--Expanding on that last point, if your school does do social events, go to them! If there are any clubs that interest you, also get involved! If you don't exactly find a girl that clicks with you, then you'll at least get a chance to meet new people.

--Lastly, don't be afraid to be yourself! If you're looking for anything more than a casual hookup with a girl, you want her to like you not just for your superficial charm or good looks, but for you you. You don't need to act overly manly or attempt a level of Bond-like wittiness to impress; the right girl for you will be content to like you for yourself.

Best of luck :)

popillol
31 Oct 14,, 07:22
Wear a T-shirt that says IIT Bombay, then go see her mom. Everything will fall in place :)

That is years ahead I guess:biggrin:

popillol
31 Oct 14,, 07:25
Take what you will from a fellow undergrad (?) in college right now.

Yeah, I am an undergrad. Working on everything, thanks:) Might work here too!