Canada under Jihadist attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada under Jihadist attacks

Police say man believed to be soldier shot at National War Memorial | Toronto Star

Canada raises 'terrorism' alert after soldier killed
    Chimo

Hope they catch the D-bag before he harms more people.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
      Hope they catch the D-bag before he harms more people.
      Latest is that the "main gunman" has been killed.

Comment

^Reports of multiple gunmen in downtown Ottawa now

Downtown Ottawa and federal government buildings in lockdown

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
          ^Reports of multiple gunmen in downtown Ottawa now

Downtown Ottawa and federal government buildings in lockdown
          What a bunch of despicable douchebags.

Comment

They will get what they deserve.

Reddit thread

Great albeit unverifiable information

[–]George_Bluth_II 2615 points 2 hours ago*x2
            EDIT REDDIT LIVE IS POSTING[1]
            EDIT FOR LIVE COVERAGE: CBC[2] per /u/blingbin[3]
            per /u/AssistingJarl[4] CBC Radio[5]
            Shooter is currently in the Parliament building[6]
            Edit: Political Editor for Mclean's just tweeted What is thought to be the suspect's car[7]
            Edit 2: Member of Parliment tweeted that the gunman has been shot and killed[8]
            Edit 3: CBC reporting that the shooter is still at large
            Edit 4: "Police tell me shooter still on the loose as of 10:42 am" (EST)[9]
            Edit 5: No confirmation but eye witness on CBC states that he saw a man with a shotgun with different clothing description than the initial report. States he saw a second man with similar "Arabic" style scarf near him but could not describe his clothing. Note: Unreliable but implies two shooters.
            Edit 6: Globe and mail just posted footage from inside Parliament Unfortunately the video was made private. Video was from inside Parliament where more than 10 shots were fired.
            Edit 7: Jamie Long reports police say shooter is on a roof 1 block from Parliament[10]
            Edit 8: Found another copy of the shots being fired, hopefully it won't be made private[11]
            Edit 9: CBC confirming ONE of the shooters was killed in Parliament, more shots have been fired after that shooter had been shot.
            Edit 10 per /u/6timesdonkeypunched[12] : University of Ottawa (about 10 blocks away) in lockdown: A very rough HTML page is up: Removed Link due to unnecessary usage LOCKDOWN in effect! ESCAPE - COVER - HIDE! Stop all activities. If possible, close and lock your door, and turn off the lights. Silence cell phones. Keep away from doors and windows. If it is safe to do so, close blinds. Take cover and remain quiet until authorities instruct otherwise. Msg #1 Mercredi, Octobre 22, 2014 - 11:08 The are clearly editing it fast.
            Edit 11: "Police source has told a Globe colleague of mine that a second shooter has been shot"[13]
            Edit 12: Ottawa Citizen unconfirmed report: Two more suspects, one on foot, one on motorbike.
            Edit 13: CBC reports all Canadian Armed Forces bases will be closed to the public.
            Edit 14 per /u/kbsputnik[14] :
            Here are some (chilling) updates from Gary Dimmock, the Ottawa Citizen's crime beat reporter: UPDATE: One suspect, believed to be on motorcycle, is on the 417, according to police sources. They think he fled downtown on bike. [Me: The 417 is the major freeway running through the city.] UPDATE: While police track one suspect on motorbike, they are also tracking another, last seen behind the Chateau Laurier. [Me: Chateau Laurier is a hotel] UPDATE: Police have been ordered to track two more possible suspect's, one fleeing on foot near Chateau, the other on motorbike. Ottawa Source: https://twitter.com/crimegarden[15]
            Thanks /u/MFWDBWDSO[16] for the backup
            Edit 15: CTV Ottawa confirms there were 3 separate shootings. One on Parliament Hill, one at National War Memorial, one at Rideau Centre. Slightly different where the report that it was "near Rideau Centre"[17] . Rideau Manager stated that there was not a shooting in the Centre itself
            Edit 16: CTV reports solider shot at War Memorial is still alive
            Edit 17: Ottawa bridges to Quebec closed, radio. MPs still locked down, as is almost every building downtown[18]
            Edit 18: CBC interviewing police. Still an active investigation. More than one gunmen. CAN NOT CONFIRM that a shooter was shot at Parliament. (May be protocol) Has no new updates on the soldier shot this morning. Can confirm that no one is under arrest. When asked if he cannot confirm because it's an ongoing investigation or he doesn't know about the shooter, officer responded "a little bit of both"
            Last edited by DarthSiddius; 22 Oct 14,, 17:54.

Comment

Tweet from John Williamson MP - "Government Caucus received confirmation shortly ago that one CAF soldier was killed. A moment of silence followed."

RIP.

*Regarding the Soldier who was shot. There are now conflicting reports. One politician tweeted that the Government Caucus was briefed that the soldier has died. Jason Kenney tweeted condolences. There has not been any confirmation from DND or Ottawa Police

EDIT: DND Confirmed CAF soldier shot earlier today has died.
              Last edited by DarthSiddius; 22 Oct 14,, 18:41.

Comment

53-year-old Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent was also killed on Monday.

Present Arms.

I am fucking pissed off.
                Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 22 Oct 14,, 18:20.
                Chimo

Comment

RIP. Godspeed brave soldier.

Comment

Could it be the IS ? They were the one's to threaten Canada recently.

We(Indian's) can relate to this and I feel sorry for the family of the soldier. Rest in Peace

Comment

RIP Soldier.
                      My prayers for the family and the unimaginable shock they are enduring right now.

I hope there are no other casualties... except for the shooter[s], they can burn for all I care.
                      I'm really angry, and sad at the same time...

Comment

Rip.
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

RIP

Hope Canadians wont get hit by mass hysteria after this and will continue their cool lives.
                          Last edited by Doktor; 22 Oct 14,, 22:10.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Damned fucking social media. They identified the Fallen Soldier from this morning, without waiting for the CF and Police Chaplains to do their jobs. What a fucking way to learn you lost your son. Through Facebook.

I am going to wait until the Men of God do their work first.
                            Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by commander View Post
                              Could it be the IS ? They were the one's to threaten Canada recently.

We(Indian's) can relate to this and I feel sorry for the family of the soldier. Rest in Peace
                              National War Memorial (Canada) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National War Memorial (also known as The Response), is a tall granite cenotaph with acreted bronze sculptures, that stands in Confederation Square, Ottawa, and serves as the federal war memorial for Canada, for Canadian dead of all wars

They're using the insurgents tactic, targeting the state, in its capital.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Oct 14,, 23:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X