PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney cracks a joke at Obama's expense

citanon
13 Oct 14,, 20:09
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Here is Romney's joke in full:

President Obama went to the bank to cash a check and he didn't have his ID. And the teller said you've got to prove who you are.

He said, "How should I do that?" She said the other day Phil Mickelson came in, he didn't have his ID but he set up a little cup on the ground, took a golf ball, putted it right into that cup so they knew it was Phil Mickelson. They cashed his check.

And then Andre Agassi came in. And Andre Agassi didn't have his ID either. He put a little target on the wall, took a tennis ball and racquet– hit it onto that target time. We knew that was Andre Agassi so we cashed his check.

And she said to him, "Is there anything you can do to prove who you are?" And [Obama] said, "I don't have a clue."

And she said, "Well, Mr. President, do you want your money in small bills or large bills."

Read more: Mitt Romney Is Using This Joke To Make Fun Of President Obama - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-is-using-this-joke-to-make-fun-of-president-obama-2014-10#ixzz3G38a71By)

DOR
14 Oct 14,, 03:28
Wait a minute . . . Mitt Romney has a sense of humor?

Louis
14 Oct 14,, 07:08
The only thing that would make mitt Romney laugh would be a democrat in a wheel chair who couldn't reach the lever on the voting machine.

Apologies to Hunter S.

Bigfella
14 Oct 14,, 08:29
to be fair, Mitt cracking a joke does deserve its own thread.

citanon
14 Oct 14,, 09:04
Feel free to add in other funny political insults. :biggrin:

Louis
14 Oct 14,, 11:56
Feel free to add in other funny political insults. :biggrin:

Being fair mate that's not particularly funny. It sounds like a joke that was focus grouped.

"It depends whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"

That was a funny response to

"You sir shall end on the rope or of some terrible disease"

Yours is forced and tragic. A mitt if you will.

astralis
14 Oct 14,, 14:33
he'd have done better if he actually tried joking during the campaign. he's supposed to be something of a practical joker, but you know it's bad when -conservatives- start calling you a robot....

Blademaster
14 Oct 14,, 18:47
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Funny that flipflopper Romney should talk and joke. Does anybody remember how he was against the GM auto bailout before he was for it? How he was against the stimulus before he admitted that the stimulus was largely responsible for keep the Great Recession in check and from blowing into a full fledged Depression? How the jobless rate has gone down from a situation where when Obama took over, the economy was shedding 800k jobs a month into a situation where US is now adding 200k jobs a month? Hell, even the deficit has gone down and the spending has gone down. It is the Republicans who doesn't have a goddamn clue when they keep letting the TP crackheads running around and ruling the roost.

Obama's instincts on Syria and not harming the insurgents were correct in the first place, notwithstanding Leon Panetta's criticisms. I have lost respect for Panetta when he chose to take advantage of the election season to try and create a controversy that will help boost his book sales.

If ISIS could scare and intimidate a much larger army that was more powerful and equipped than the other Syrian opposition groups, the Syrian opposition groups would not have any chance before ISIS and neither would Assad if ISIS was equipped with US equipment. If we had taken Panetta's suggestions, instead of seeing slaughter of the Yazidis numbering tens of thousand of dollars, we would be seeing a wholesale slaughter of the Shias and other minorities group. Assad is no angel but he is the region's only reliable means of checking ISIS's advance given that Turkey does not want to or show any inclination of making any attempts to stop ISIS but only to indirectly aid ISIS by attacking Kurds.

As for leaving a force in Iraq, there was no goddamn political cover for stationing 10k troops if PM Maliki did not agree to a force status agreement providing immunity to US soldiers. PM Maliki didn't even want the US soldiers in Iraq and played that immunity card very well. He knew that US was tired of Iraq and at that time, US was looking towards to its own domestic need and Panetta even knew that without an immunity agreement, stationing of US soldiers was not even on the cards.

Obama's decision in Syria in Iraq, unpopular as that may be, will be proved by history to be as the correct decision for US interests.

Blademaster
14 Oct 14,, 19:03
Do you know what should be the butt of jokes in the political arena? The Palin family. Man, there are some gold nuggets in the police report here: 6 must-reads from Palin family police report - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/politics/palin-family-brawl/?cid=ob_articlesidebarall&iref=obnetwork)

Scary to think that Sarah Palin, along with her family, was the darling of Tea Party and the Republicans at one time.

Red Team
14 Oct 14,, 20:49
Did somebody steal Doc Brown's flux capacitor?

Bigfella
14 Oct 14,, 21:45
Gee, someone is off their meds. Looks like those 'how not to completely miss the point of a thread' classes haven't paid off.

Blademaster
14 Oct 14,, 22:11
Gee, someone is off their meds. Looks like those 'how not to completely miss the point of a thread' classes haven't paid off.

Funny, coming from a guy who have a habitual trait of hijacking a thread and inserting completely irrelevant posts to the thread like you did in that other thread. My post was on point saying that Mitt Romney didn't have much standing to make that joke with the hitline "Obama doesn't have a clue" It was a rebuttal to Romney's joke. Whether it is not funny or not does not have that much bearing.

As for being on meds, judging from your posts, I can definitely say that you have been on meds and they are not the right kind. :rolleyes:

Red Team
15 Oct 14,, 03:09
https://i.imgur.com/g1GTW3v.jpg

Parihaka
15 Oct 14,, 03:16
Much as I am loath to credit any Austraaleanne.....

“He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up.”
― Paul Keating

Officer of Engineers
15 Oct 14,, 03:18
Gee, someone is off their meds. Looks like those 'how not to completely miss the point of a thread' classes haven't paid off.To be fair. It's less than 2 years into his marriage. He lost his funny bone.

Bigfella
15 Oct 14,, 08:54
Funny, coming from a guy who have a habitual trait of hijacking a thread and inserting completely irrelevant posts to the thread like you did in that other thread. My post was on point saying that Mitt Romney didn't have much standing to make that joke with the hitline "Obama doesn't have a clue" It was a rebuttal to Romney's joke. Whether it is not funny or not does not have that much bearing.

As for being on meds, judging from your posts, I can definitely say that you have been on meds and they are not the right kind. :rolleyes:

Yes, the point of the thread was to post lengthy rants on....something. To be honest, I lost interest fairly early. Keep going. This is actually taking on a surreal humour all of its own. Extra points if you can work a gratuitous accusation of 'colonial mentality' in somewhere.

Bigfella
15 Oct 14,, 08:56
Much as I am loath to credit any Austraaleanne.....

“He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up.”
― Paul Keating

He is a genius with language. Once referred to ex-treasurer Peter Costello as 'all tip, no iceberg'. Almost fell off my chair at work when I heard that one. :biggrin:

Squirrel
15 Oct 14,, 15:34
he'd have done better if he actually tried joking during the campaign. he's supposed to be something of a practical joker, but you know it's bad when -conservatives- start calling you a robot....

People at my work have posited that I may in fact, be a robot.

I guess an intelligent man with good looks and deadpan absurdist humor goes unappreciated these days.

astralis
15 Oct 14,, 16:30
he might have pulled it off better if he were wearing hipster glasses a la Rick Perry these days...:biggrin:

GVChamp
15 Oct 14,, 18:56

If we're going to be all serious and shit, he joke doesn't make sense because banks don't verify identity that way, anyways.

Funny story: the account manager behind me received some electronic payment cards. We don't send those to our bank lockbox, because they charge us extra. So the account manager drove down to the bank herself to deposit the cards with a teller.
The bank teller wouldn't let her. "Your name isn't General Motors, you can't deposit these cards into the General Motors account."
4 srs?

antimony
15 Oct 14,, 19:19
Yes, the point of the thread was to post lengthy rants on....something. To be honest, I lost interest fairly early. Keep going. This is actually taking on a surreal humour all of its own. Extra points if you can work a gratuitous accusation of 'colonial mentality' in somewhere.

Couple that with the enthusiasm showed about Hindutva in the South Asian threads, that never fails to amuse me.

By the way, you guys need to correct your spelling. An unnecessary inclusion of a "u" in "humor" in this day and age is a gratuitous example of a "colonial mentality" :biggrin:

Blademaster
15 Oct 14,, 19:25

And how many times have we seen on WAB that the original purpose of a thread gets lost within a number of posts? So what does this one bother you so much? If you didn't want a discussion on the joke, then put it in the jokes thread. But by putting a joke in its own thread, you are inviting commentary and feedback. Even I did my part by throwing in the Palin brawl. How many times have we seen a serious thread with a serious topic get turned into one of those threads where we see pictures of Celine Dion and such?

You get extra point for throwing in the "colonial mentality" You brought it up not me. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, I think you just try too hard.

Blademaster
15 Oct 14,, 19:27
Couple that with the enthusiasm showed about Hindutva in the South Asian threads, that never fails to amuse me.
And it never fails to amuse me that how defending some policies of India or advocating a position that is pro-indian stance can be construed as to be Hindutva. The claim of Hindutva is far thrown around too much to have any meaning except to show how intellectual lazy or dishonest that person bandying that word around is. :rolleyes:

Blademaster
15 Oct 14,, 19:38
To be fair. It's less than 2 years into his marriage. He lost his funny bone.

Oh I still have my funny bone. For instance, I laughed my ass off when reading the Palin brawl police report. Didn't even need to make a joke out of it to be funny. All you had to do was read it.

Bigfella
15 Oct 14,, 21:44

By the way, you guys need to correct your spelling. An unnecessary inclusion of a "u" in "humor" in this day and age is a gratuitous example of a "colonial mentality" :biggrin:

We put the extra letters in to make the colonized peoples feel inferior. It appears to be working. :biggrin:

Bigfella
15 Oct 14,, 21:46
And how many times have we seen on WAB that the original purpose of a thread gets lost within a number of posts? So what does this one bother you so much? If you didn't want a discussion on the joke, then put it in the jokes thread. But by putting a joke in its own thread, you are inviting commentary and feedback. Even I did my part by throwing in the Palin brawl. How many times have we seen a serious thread with a serious topic get turned into one of those threads where we see pictures of Celine Dion and such?

You get extra point for throwing in the "colonial mentality" You brought it up not me. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, I think you just try too hard.

Henny Youngman called. You're butchering his best material.

Blademaster
15 Oct 14,, 22:28
Henny Youngman called. You're butchering his best material.

:Zzzzzz:

Officer of Engineers
16 Oct 14,, 02:58
Oh I still have my funny bone. For instance, I laughed my ass off when reading the Palin brawl police report. Didn't even need to make a joke out of it to be funny. All you had to do was read it.Well, here's a joke. YOU! MARRIED! MY CONDOLENCES!

Welcome to my FORMER world!

Hehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Got your expertise in shoes yet? Don't worry. You will.

Blademaster
16 Oct 14,, 03:10
Well, here's a joke. YOU! MARRIED! MY CONDOLENCES!

Welcome to my FORMER world!

Got your expertise in shoes yet? Don't worry. You will.

Well don't laugh too soon. I think I am getting the hang of it. After all I think my wife is pretty well house trained. She cleans, cooks, and washes my clothes. She gives me a goodbye kiss when I leave and greets me with a hug when I come home. She rubs my feet when I feel aching in my feet and my knees. She brings me a drink of water or juice when I ask (politely of course)

So far, I have not had to buy her any necklace, diamonds, bracelets, or tons of shoes. She doesn't like to spend too much money. The only big items I bought were a nice purse, two pairs of shoes, and a couple of dresses.

And she works!! She makes enough money that I don't have to worry too much about living expenses and start saving some money. And she's not fat. She's slim and has the figure of a model.

She's a great cook and asks me what I want to eat for dinner the night before so she can prepare the food accordingly.

Ahhh that is the married life.

See here: http://sozowomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/50s-Housewife.jpg

Some times I think I actually won the lottery ticket when I married her. :biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
16 Oct 14,, 03:17
S u c k e r !!!!!!!!!

antimony
16 Oct 14,, 07:04
So we as a board stopped discussing about Romney and started discussing about Blade's wife and his married life.

Interesting?:confu:

Blademaster
16 Oct 14,, 07:27
So we as a board stopped discussing about Romney and started discussing about Blade's wife and his married life.

Interesting?:confu:

Because we can.

Blademaster
16 Oct 14,, 07:44
We put the extra letters in to make the colonized peoples feel inferior. It appears to be working. :biggrin:

Yeah keep on thinking like that.