PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dave Lukins :(

bigross86
13 Sep 14,, 09:36
This was posted on his Facebook page 5 minutes ago:

To all......sadly our Pops,Dave, Peanuts passed away yesterday afternoon. All that know him knew that he had unfortunately suffered from a heart problem for some years now and at this minute we believe that this was the cause of our loss. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all his family and friends for the opinions, laughter and time you had all given him, especially keeping his very busy mind occupied on various forms of social media. The Tank Park in the sky will be a noisier place.

I'm really gonna miss him :frown::frown::frown:

citanon
13 Sep 14,, 09:52
Oh no. RIP Dave. :frown::frown::frown:

citanon
13 Sep 14,, 09:56
We're still posting in Minnie's thread and now Dave. This is all too much.:bang:

YellowFever
13 Sep 14,, 10:03
Dammit, are you sure Ben???

Aw hell :(

RIP Mr. Lukins.

This is too goddamn much.

Bigfella
13 Sep 14,, 10:10
I am sick of this shit! Whiskey, Shamus, Minnie & now Dave. FUCK!!!!! :bang:

Dave was always one of my favourite WABBERS.

RIP Dave. Thoughts to his family & friends. :frown::frown:

Big K
13 Sep 14,, 10:19
now whats wrong with you 2014?!? who gave you the right to take away people we love?!?

RIP Dave, you were always nice & supportive to me.

Dave was, to me, one of big main pillars of WAB and i consider myself very lucky to have known him.

sad sad day...

Allah rahmet eylesin Dave.

sated buddha
13 Sep 14,, 10:34
Man this is a rude shock and really sad.

RIP Dave. I will miss your Namaste's in the Welcome thread. :(((

My heartfelt condolences to his family and near and dear ones.

Double Edge
13 Sep 14,, 10:34
WHAT ?

he just gave me a like a few days ago.

Doktor
13 Sep 14,, 10:42
Such a shame.

RIP Herr Lukins.

bolo121
13 Sep 14,, 10:48
RIP, Mr Lukins

It was always a pleasure talking to Dave, he will be sorely missed.

Chunder
13 Sep 14,, 10:49
When he posted, you took note and reset. Quintessential... now lost to these bounds, but such an admirable trait one can only aspire to emulate.

popillol
13 Sep 14,, 11:11
Used to read many posts of Minskaya, she going was a shock. But Dave just welcomed me to the forum 3 days before! Don't know what to say!
RIP.

snapper
13 Sep 14,, 11:26
Another loss. If anyone is able to please pass on my sincere condolences to his family. A true British gent from who's example all came away wiser.

As for the rest of you; get a grip! No more dying please!

tankie
13 Sep 14,, 11:33
My best mate from 1RTR along with a few more ,we were both recce veh cmdrs in B/Sqd together , I have just got off the phone to Pat his wife of many years , apparently his heart gave out , nuts had suffered for sometime and had received a by,pass earlier , im at a loss at the moment trying to come to terms , we were very very close , all through our military and civvy life . Its devastating news , my now thoughts are with his family , Pat and his sons . RIP nuts RIP until we meet in the tank park in the beyond .Save some Herforder pils for us all mate .

Through mud

Through blood

To the green fields beyon

FEAR NAUGHT .

TopHatter
13 Sep 14,, 12:11
RIP Dave...you left us far too soon.

Pedicabby
13 Sep 14,, 12:47
Very saddening. RIP.

Bigfella
13 Sep 14,, 13:23
Thanks Tankie. We know how hard this must be for you. Good mates are hard to find.

lemontree
13 Sep 14,, 13:23
Really sad. He just gave me some likes a couple of days back. RIP mate.
Tankie, please convey my condolences to his family.

Parihaka
13 Sep 14,, 13:33
My best mate from 1RTR along with a few more ,we were both recce veh cmdrs in B/Sqd together , I have just got off the phone to Pat his wife of many years , apparently his heart gave out , nuts had suffered for sometime and had received a by,pass earlier , im at a loss at the moment trying to come to terms , we were very very close , all through our military and civvy life . Its devastating news , my now thoughts are with his family , Pat and his sons . RIP nuts RIP until we meet in the tank park in the beyond .Save some Herforder pils for us all mate .

Through mud

Through blood

FEAR NAUGHT .

Hell, I'd just been talking to him on Facebook this morning. Tankie, I'm sorry mate, he was a gentleman and no mistake.

tankie
13 Sep 14,, 13:39
Already done mate , I have informed Pat that WAB is as saddened as much as everyone who knew him are , Dave was a very fit guy in the Reg , a 1st class hockey and squash player , as fit as they come , he was the last guy I would ever think of to suffer with heart problems , a BIG part of my existance has departed , and I know how his family will feel , George his oldest son has just left the army , he completed tours of the M/E shitholes that he was sent to , he joined because , he wanted to be , just like his Dad . A Soldier ,and a MAN , Dave was not a tall MAN but , by fuck people looked up to him . RIP m8 RIP .

61F , out .

omon
13 Sep 14,, 14:22
RIP Dave.

Officer of Engineers
13 Sep 14,, 15:47
I don't know why Dave loves Glenlivet but enjoy to your heart's content. I'm blessed to have known you.

commander
13 Sep 14,, 15:56
Although I never interacted with him, with the amount of kind words coming in for him I am sure he's a great man . Please pass my condolences to his family. :frown:

Too much of slaps from cruel life in 2014, not anymore please ....

Red Team
13 Sep 14,, 16:38
First Minnie, now Dave?? This has just been a year for tragedy, I'm at an absolute loss for words.

RIP Dave.

Officer of Engineers
13 Sep 14,, 16:49
There's a saying. Either I laugh or I start crying. I am going to start crying.

astralis
13 Sep 14,, 16:52
thank you for the wit and wisdom you've shared with us over the years, Dave.

Ave atque vale.

anil
13 Sep 14,, 18:38
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/images/darksmiles/eek.gif

This forum seems to be sailing in sad rivers since the last few years

RIP dave. Your presence was pleasant.

Albany Rifles
13 Sep 14,, 19:05
DAMN IT.

MR Lukins, you will be missed. You were always gracious and patient while not suffering fools. Keep a place in Fiddlers Green for the rest of us.

Colonel, I concur with your sentiments.

Tankie, please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend.

S2
13 Sep 14,, 20:12
I've met a number of truly elegant, refined yet down n' the mud and blood gentlemen but, never having his acquaintance personally, I've known no finer gentleman than Captain Lukins. An absolute inspiration to me to whom I've long surrendered any attempt to roughly imitate his virtue, kindness, wisdom and wit but remained amazed by him.

My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends, most of all Eric and Sergeant Major Tigger. I could easily imagine serving under Dave and enjoying every moment of his leadership. What a wonderful friend to WAB he's been. Another dear soul I shall deeply miss. I thank WAB for the opportunity to meet such fine people. God love you, Dave and we'll see you soon.

snapper
13 Sep 14,, 22:13
Not too soon I pray.

texasjohn
13 Sep 14,, 22:39
RIP Dave. I just found out. My prayers for his family..

S2
13 Sep 14,, 23:15
"Not too soon I pray."

Thank you. For the present I'm far more fit than I've any right to be. In God's hands, as we've been reminded sadly again today. Dave was sooooo cool.

Doktor
13 Sep 14,, 23:27
Less stress, more fishing, dude. Wish you a lot of it for many years to come.

zraver
13 Sep 14,, 23:38
well fuck.... RIP Dave.

DonBelt
14 Sep 14,, 00:42
RIP Dave Lukins- my condolences to your family.

chanjyj
14 Sep 14,, 02:03
Rip

Oracle
14 Sep 14,, 06:30
RIP Dave!

Deltacamelately
14 Sep 14,, 10:23

Through mud

Through blood

FEAR NAUGHT .

Can't digest this one, Dave messed it up. He was personal. Very personal.

RIP Captain Lukins

My prayers for all your family and friends. I will miss you Dave.

Monash
14 Sep 14,, 10:47
Sadly I'm beginning to think WAB may need a permanent "In memorial" thread with the 'new member' posts of departed WABER's and perhaps one or two of their more memorable posts. This has not been a good year. I have lost close family and now friends on-line. 2014 is starting to suck big time.

cirrrocco
14 Sep 14,, 11:58
wow. I am just speechless. Crazy.. Good luck in the afterlife Dave.

Shek
14 Sep 14,, 14:29
This is so sad. Another member of the community gone. RIP Dave!

antimony
14 Sep 14,, 16:11
What is happening to us?

So many loved and respected members leaving us abruptly.

Once again, shocked and saddened, my thoughts go out to his family:frown:

tankie
14 Sep 14,, 17:59

My mate nuts ,, Dave Lukins , gone but never forgotten , RIP mate.

Mohan
14 Sep 14,, 18:40
I still remember him welcoming me by saying namaste. He had a very kind heart and loads of patience. Its with heavy heart I say RIP Dave.

Mohan
14 Sep 14,, 18:48

My mate nuts ,, Dave Lukins , gone but never forgotten , RIP mate.
Tankie I used to enjoy reading many posts where you both pulled each others legs. I will miss them and understand how sad it is for you to miss a friend like him.

tankie
14 Sep 14,, 18:54
Tankie I used to enjoy reading many posts where you both pulled each others legs. I will miss them and understand how sad it is for you to miss a friend like him.

Thanks Mohan , we have been doing that since we 1st met in 1969 , im still feeling numb at the mo , the only good thing in this tragedy is that his demise was quick , no suffering .

toemag
14 Sep 14,, 19:25
RIP Dave, see you in the tank park in the sky one day, good bye pal.

tankie
14 Sep 14,, 20:20
RIP Dave, see you in the tank park in the sky one day, good bye pal.

Wow Tony , glad you made it back , even tho its not the best of threads , we will all miss the MAN .

citanon
15 Sep 14,, 00:02
Thanks Mohan , we have been doing that since we 1st met in 1969 , im still feeling numb at the mo , the only good thing in this tragedy is that his demise was quick , no suffering .

I'm so sorry for your loss Tankie. A friend like that is a gift from on high and his absence will always be keenly felt. Take comfort that he is at peace and you have 45 years of memories to make you smile when you miss him.

tantalus
15 Sep 14,, 20:33
Very sorry to read of this. Another core member of WAB lost.

I think the last post of Dave's I read was on the Minskaya in Memoriam thread, and when I saw this thread I felt very deflated.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Tankie.

gunnut
15 Sep 14,, 22:58
This is just too much. Minnie, and now Dave...

My sincere condolences to his family.

I thought this year would be better than 2013 when we have lost 2 members. 2014 is trying to prove me wrong.

I really really hate these threads...:frown:

tankie
19 Sep 14,, 22:02
Daves funeral is scheduled for fri 26th at Northwich crematorium .

from f/b

Andrew Lukins

Dear all.......Thank you, again, for all your lovely messages. They have been very much appreciated. We now know that Dave passed from a heart attack brought on by chronic heart disease (he did not suffer). We have finally managed to arrange for his Cremation to be held on 26th September at 1130 hrs. This will take place at the Vale Royal Crematorium, CW9 8RP and will be followed by drinks, food and good memories at Winnington Park Recreation Club, CW8 4EB. We would very much appreciate if people who wish to attend could let us know

Double Edge
20 Sep 14,, 00:33
I really really hate these threads...:frown:
yep

he was always there in the welcoming party for new members, greeting them in their own languages.

Everybody here knows dave.

tankie
20 Sep 14,, 11:11
yep

he was always there in the welcoming party for new members, greeting them in their own languages.

Everybody here knows dave.

Aye he was a great wordsmith .

Shek
20 Sep 14,, 22:51
I shall raise a fine libation in his honor this coming Friday. RIP Dave!

tankie
25 Sep 14,, 21:34
Sat in silence and not looking forward to tomorrow at all .

tankie
26 Sep 14,, 17:40
Just got back from nuts final last parade , it was very well attended and his son George gave a very emotional eulogy which summed Dave up to a T , a man I 1st met in 69 in Ossnabruckke and one of im proud to say became a best mate along with others , a gentleman / scholar / sportsman and excellent soldier , we kept in touch and quaffed a few , Nuts will be sadly missed by family and friends alike , RIP m8 RIP

BD1
29 Sep 14,, 01:12
i feel deeply sorry for the passing of mr. lukins, a true gentelman. i will deeply miss him.

tankie, my condolences to you too.

this is the saddest day on wab to me, to write 3 such posts in row.

Blademaster
29 Sep 14,, 04:53
Rest in peace, Dave.