Happy Birthday Americans!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Americans!!!!!

I realise its still yesterday where you folk are, but when today arrives your friends across the pond wish you a wonderful July 4th full of moms, apple pies, truth & justice. Have a great day everyone. :)

:danc:

I'll be taking advantage of the fact that American food is 'in' right now to avail myself of a culturally appropriate lunch. The only question is whether I go to the Philly cheese steak place nearby or the po boy place in the next suburb. I suspect the Huey Long poster in the window of the latter might sway me. Love the King Fish
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Happy 4th!

Attached Files

Comment

Have a wonderful 4th of July guys !!!
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is an easy one for me to remember - its my daughters birthday as well :)

Happy birthday to both...
        Linkeden:
        http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
        http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

A couple views looking in on America from the outside.

and one from the inside...
          Last edited by S2; 04 Jul 14,, 06:09.
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

A friend from Taiwan once asked me how much I loved my country. I told him if I measured how much I loved my country out of a scale of 1-10, it would come out to be 1776. Confused--and likely ignoring the obvious reference to the drafting of the Declaration of Independence-- he told me that my answer made absolutely no statistical sense and that it was stereotypical of the American lack of mathematical comprehension, stating if I or anyone else were to establish a clear boundary of scale that it should be followed. I smiled at the man, who had single-handedly brought me back from the brink of failure in two semesters of Calculus and was but a year away from completing his Masters in Aeronautical Engineering, because throughout the breadth of his well-spoken, sophisticated argument against my act of mathematical heresy he had forgotten to take one important thing into account:

Spoiler!

Happy 238th, America. :tankie:
            Last edited by Red Team; 04 Jul 14,, 08:34.
            "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

С Днем Рождения Америка! | Happy Birthday America | !יום ההולדת שמחה אמריקה

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS. TAKE CARE AND ENJOY THE DAY :danc:

Comment

Cheers to the American wabbits.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Happy 4th!
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

This was the first song I listened to in 1984 when my brother picked me up at JFK after serving in Germany for 3 years....and then went and ate a ginormous cheeseburger!!!

And only fitting the Marine Band playing the March King's greatest!!!

Happy 4th of July to all!
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Happy 4th Americans. Keep it safe and sane ;)
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                          Happy 4th!

[ATTACH]37298[/ATTACH]
                          Ouch! I was debating whether to go to Wally World today, I need to get a cot for my brother who is coming in tomorrow, but I will probably stay at home, let panic hit the winds tomorrow.

As it is, no great plans, I was thinking of watching 1776....but found out that wasn't in my library, at least not in the place it is suppose to be. What are some other Revolutionary War movies?

But mostly a stay at home, trying to keep cats in where they are safe.

Thanks all!

....................................and for that professor from Taiwan? Ask him how important is Double 10 Day to him.

Comment

The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not. (The Book of Abigail and John: Selected Letters of the Adams Family, 1762-1784, Harvard University Press, 1975, 142).

John Adams :danc:

Comment

Was down on the Hornet for 10 hours today with my 5 year old mini-tornado son. One should try standing in my shoes for that. At least he knows where to go for help since all in Security know who he is. Didn't stay for the fireworks as the rolling fog ruined the San Francisco display.

What was cool was that during the 4th of July Parade through Alameda we were towing Fifi our F-11 cockpit. Behind us were about 75 Danish scouts visiting the US for some of the summer. After the parade they were invited to come over to the ship for the rest of the day. I have never seen so many long legged kids in my life and talk about some white blond girls. Of course there were Chinese Danes and African Danes in the group. They reminded me of July 4th 1976 when I spent the summer in Europe. On that particular Sunday I was in Copenhagen. The day before three of us were taking a tour of the Carlsberg Brewery. The best part was their tasting room with the tables full of 8% beer which we didn't catch on about. The crowd was German and they were singing their drinking songs. Well we left pretty damn happy to say the least and missed dinner altogether. On Sunday morning people started to say Happy Birthday to me and it took awhile, in the fog, to realize why they were saying that. Spent the night at Tivoli Gardens for a great firework show and many more Happy Birthdays.

Comment

Working...
                              X