PDA

View Full Version : A new WABBIT

chakos
04 Jun 14,, 11:17
Following the recent directive to populate WAB with some new blood I have decided that I do my bit.

Last night at 11pm little Oliver decided to join us after 16 hours of labour (it was as horrible for me as it was for her, honest) at 3.4kg, 51cm and a full head (and back, although ive been advised he will shed that within a couple of days) hair.

Mum and baby are happy and dad is planning to enjoy his last full night of sleep for possibly the next 25 year before they both arrive home tomorrow.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2n84i8y.jpg

lemontree
04 Jun 14,, 11:22
Congratulations mate :)

Oracle
04 Jun 14,, 11:24
Congratulations mate. Your son is very cute. :)

chakos
04 Jun 14,, 11:26
Well he looks like a bit like an alien in that pic all covered in gunk and with a wonky head but today he was looking a lot more human like. That pic was taken when he was literally 2 minutes old.

sated buddha
04 Jun 14,, 11:31
Congrats Chakos! Cute lil WABBIT we have there bro. :)

Our first born was exactly the same. Long labor, poor chappie getting fixed in a weird place. No forceps though. Completely natural. But exhausting. Especially me running back and forth getting coffees and chain smoking packets of cigarettes. LOL

On the hairy thing, may be a tad late on this for you guys, and it might gross out your sensibilities, but out here the common wisdom (especially for girls) is to rub the freshly shed placenta all over the child's body and face. We've been doing it for generations, and I don't know if its genetic or what, but the ladies do have much finer/lighter growth of hair into their adulthood.

chakos
04 Jun 14,, 11:37
Mate I managed to go through the whole thing without having to look at anything particularly nasty except when it was done i accidentally came across the placenta sitting in a tray and very nearly passed out. The nurse asked me if i wanted to take it home, damned hippies. The answer was a very curt NO!

sated buddha
04 Jun 14,, 11:39
LOL sorry man. As the dad of 2 girls, could not resist.

Erase the image from your mind now.

Bigfella
04 Jun 14,, 11:43
Well he looks like a bit like an alien in that pic all covered in gunk and with a wonky head but today he was looking a lot more human like. That pic was taken when he was literally 2 minutes old.

Still looks better than his old man. :biggrin:

Congratulations to the Mrs on doing all the hard work & congrats to you on becoming a father. Little Oliver is very lucky indeed.

Expecting him to start posting here by 6 months. ;)

Monash
04 Jun 14,, 12:04
Well done, you must be exhausted after all the effort. Now comes the easy part, raising your son to be honest, courageous and strong - your wife might even help a little. :biggrin:

lemontree
04 Jun 14,, 12:05
The nurse asked me if i wanted to take it home, damned hippies. The answer was a very curt NO!
You should have taken it. Preverve it in a stem cell bank.

Doktor
04 Jun 14,, 12:14
Congrats, Chakos!

May he live long and prosperous life and may he never have to drive trough that desert of yours like his father does ;)

Your wife just got a valuable ally at home, so beware! She will send you the bill for those 16 hours every week for the rest of your life.

Hope you read this after a long sleep.

Doktor
04 Jun 14,, 12:14

My thoughts exactly.

Officer of Engineers
04 Jun 14,, 14:25
Get drunk tonight. It will be the last time because you enjoy it. From now on, it will be because you need it.

bigross86
04 Jun 14,, 14:29
Congrats, mate! You better hope that when he grows up he won't do anything you would have done at his age.

dave lukins
04 Jun 14,, 14:39
Congratulations to you both may all you problems be small ones. Don't forget, you now have to carry pictures where your money used to be.

chakos
04 Jun 14,, 14:45
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. On that note its time for that sleep that ive been looking forward to although maybe ill take the advice of OOE and have a quiet dram or three of Glenfiddich 15yo before I hit the sack.

sated buddha
04 Jun 14,, 14:48
I think all this no sleep no money thing is just to scare new dads.

I simply love baby smells and all that went with it. I miss my girls when they were tiny. I never thought I would be ready for it either. It just happens. And you discover you're not such a clumsy perpetually immature beer swilling late night partying stud after all.

Enjoy your baby mate. Lovely times.

ambidex
04 Jun 14,, 16:48

It costs fortune, with no big clinical advantage; unlike the way it's been advertised.
Congrats Chakos.

Albany Rifles
04 Jun 14,, 16:50
Congrats to the happy parents!!!

Andrey Egorov
04 Jun 14,, 16:51
Congratulations!

bolo121
04 Jun 14,, 20:07
Congratulations to the new parents!

tankie
04 Jun 14,, 20:09