Sound off like you got a pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound off like you got a pair

In light of recent events. Axl not wanting to validate what Military Service he claims he had.

Lets make a game, posting any Military or even Semi-Military type stuff from forum members.

"Unit": Lancaster Tang Soo Do School of Karate. Also known as "Beam's Bastards".

"Military": World Tang Soo Do Association.

MOS: Point Sparring, Free Sparring. Motivational speaker/In charge of warmup exercises.

Secondary MOS: Helping to not let the Church of the Creator run rough shod all over the arera I live in.

Moderator, World Affairs Board (ret.)

Memorable moments: The War of The Roses. 1998-2000. (quieted down, but still unresolved & simmering.)

The "Blackhawk too slow" incident.*

*Random unexpected game of sorts. And it lead to Mike Durant later meeting me, at a disadvantage.

Unlike meeting Oprah on her own terms in a Marathon she previously ran.
    Last edited by Lunatock; 09 Oct 03,, 17:52.

Military: 3yr Tx 31st JROTC,
    3 months 23 days in the US Army (until such time as a doc told me my I had minor asthma, abnormally thick blood and a weak heart.... any one of which is only a minor inconvienance) I was 5 weeks into AIT when my chap. 5 came through.

MOS: (snipes gonna love [hate] this :D) 75B personnel Admin specailist.

Memorable moments: was shot at in anger (well more like insanity more than anger) once in basic... shot back... can't say much more other than it was a training incident. Suffice it to say once was enough, and I'm not heavily interested in being shot at with real bullets again any time soon.

Units: 2nd PL, Charlie Company, 3rd/13th... Charlie Company (I can't recall the battalion number for AIT) both at Fort Jackson.
    Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Shucks, as I mentioned when I first arrived on the board, I don't have any formal military credentials to speak of.
      I've been interested in the military since I was probably 7 or 8, mostly the battleships which in turn lead to my reading voraciously about all branches of the military and various periods in military history.
      I have been fortunate to travel to several warship and military museums around the country. Just for ghits and siggles I'll list them for those who might want to visit them.

The Museum of Science and Industry - Chicago IL
      Kriegsmarine U-505 - The sub is berthed out of water and has guided tours. The museum also includes a separate naval exhibit.

Cantigny - Wheaton IL
      First Division Museum at Cantigny - Dedicated to the Big Red One. This place is simply incredible. In addition to the museum, there is also a tank park with at least a dozen armored vehicles that children (and childish adults like me) can clamber all over Click here for more information

USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum NYC
      USS Intrepid (CV-11) USS Edson (DD-946) USS Growler (SSG-577) - In addition to the 3 ships, there are numerous aircraft on the carrier itself including an A-12 Blackbird and a Polish MiG-21. There is also the large model of USS Nevada from the movie Tora Tora Tora and 2 tanks, one of which is a captured Iraqi T-72.

Battleship Memorial Park - Mobile AL
      USS Alabama (BB-60) - USS Drum (SS-228)
      The biggest military museum I have been to in terms of sheer equipment on display. In addition to the ships, there are many aircraft, like a B-52 and the prototype YF-17 Cobra(and another Blackbird!), a PBR, several armored vehicles (another captured Iraqi tank, this one a T-55) and other assorted goodies. If you have a wide range of military interests, THIS is the place to go.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

LOL, i just posted my vitals somewhere else on the forum two days ago.

Comment

I did manage to finally get Axl's info though.

Brownie troop leader, Brownie pack 354, Brownies of Duetscheland.

Hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            I did manage to finally get Axl's info though.

Brownie troop leader, Brownie pack 354, Brownies of Duetscheland.

Hehehe
            Cub Scouts of America. CSA Troop 42. (ret.) Wolf, Bear, and Bobcat Badge. Suckaaaa!

Comment

Chief Armourer, 1st class: ND Cornfield Commandos.

Assistant Chaplain

Future Fighters Assocation, Breeding division, Contributions: 1 Male offspring. Future cotributions: 2nd Male offspring.

Awards: Order of the Kleenex (cries at all military funerals.)

Commanders comments: "If he can see it, he can hit it with a rifle. Of course, he has to swing the rifle like a club to do so. He has to use the rifle this way because he's so darn blind he can't see 'em further away than arms length."
              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

I found a copy of some of Drez's FITREPs. Here are some excerpts:

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

I would not breed from this Officer.

This Officer is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won't-be.

When he opens his mouth, it seems that this is only to change whichever foot was previously in there.

He has carried out each and every one of his duties to his entire satisfaction.

He would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.

Technically sound, but socially impossible.

This Officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope - always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere.

This Officer has delusions of adequacy.

When he joined my ship, this Officer was something of a granny; since then he has aged considerably.

Since my last report he has reached rock bottom, and has started to dig.

He sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.

He has the wisdom of youth, and the energy of old age.

This Officer should go far - and the sooner he starts, the better.

In my opinion this pilot should not be authorized to fly below 250 feet.

This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

The only ship I would recommend this man for is citizenship.

Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.

(Of course these can also be applied to me, but that's another story :blush )
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

This is going to sound like bragging

Queen's Commission, Royal Military College Kingston
                  Adjuntant, Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa
                  Engineers School, Canadian Forces Base Borden
                  21 Field Sqdrn, 1st Combat Engineers Regiment
                  Battle School, CFB Gagetown
                  Masters of Digital Communications, Queen's University
                  Command School, RMC Toronto
                  OC, Signals School, CFB Kingston
                  Directorate Land Engineering Support
                  Directorate Ammunition, Clothing, and Material Engineering
                  OC, 21/1CER
                  CO, 1st Battalion, 2nd Field Engineers Regiment
                  Deputy CO, 2FER
                  Tac OpsO, 33rd Canadian Brigade Group

I know I missed a few things in between.
                  Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 08 Oct 03,, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    *Jaw hits the floor with a resounding thud*

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                      This is going to sound like bragging

Queen's Commission, Royal Military College Kingston
                      Adjuntant, Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa
                      Engineers School, Canadian Forces Base Borden
                      21 Field Sqdrn, 1st Combat Engineers Regiment
                      Masters of Digital Communications, Queen's University
                      Command School, RMC Toronto
                      OC, Signals School, CFB Kingston
                      Directorate Land Engineering Support
                      Directorate Ammunition, Clothing, and Material Engineering
                      OC, 21FS, 1CER
                      CO, 1st Battalion, 2nd Field Engineers Regiment
                      Deputy CO, 2FER
                      Tac OpsO, 33rd Canadian Brigade Group

Thats a lot of school Col.
                      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

I've been in a very long time. Like I said, I'm a dinosaur. You can add Jump School (now known as the Canadian Parachute Centre), CFB Petawawa to that list.

Comment

You find any time between all those schools to command men in the field Colonel? ;)

LOL, JK.

Comment

M21,

I don't command. I delegate, especially to my Sgt Maj.

Comment

hmm ok i'll present my credentials...it might not be as astounding as out Col here, but,
                              Kinder Garden
                              1st grade
                              2nd grade
                              3rd grade
                              add 12 more to it!
                              Bach of Engg. (CS)
                              Got selected for SSC (Signal Corps), but didnt go.
                              Masters in CS

whoa :dbanana

so eefectively i dont have any military experience, but i gaze well at them :blush
                              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Working...
                              X