PDA

View Full Version : Please keep CPO Charles Spence in your thoughts and prayers

85 gt kid
04 May 14,, 16:36
If this is the wrong place i'm sorry i'm just trying to get this up. My girlfriends grandfather, CPO Charles Spence (Retired 24 years service), is in pretty bad shape right now, drs are moving him from CCU soon hopefully but he'll have a lonnngggg road to recovery. I'm not one for praying but his family is and I know they'd appreciate it. Next 48 hours will tell but he's a Navy man through and through so I know he'll make it*:D.

Thanks

John

Officer of Engineers
04 May 14,, 17:06
Prayers sent

DonBelt
05 May 14,, 02:20
Thoughts and Prayers.

JAD_333
05 May 14,, 03:42
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

85 gt kid
08 May 14,, 00:49
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers everyone like I said his family appreciates it. A little update they moved him out of CCU and finally got a feeding tube in him the other day........except he pulled it out :slap:. He can't really swallow so he needs the feeding tube for now cause he hasnt had any nutrients in 2 weeks so hes very week. They did get that back in and started giving him some food but he kept wanting to pull the tube out :pari:. He can move his arms and head better today but still confused on where he is but thats not surprising. I'll keep everyone updated!

Thanks

John

Minskaya
09 May 14,, 00:06
In my thoughts and prayers.

85 gt kid
16 May 14,, 04:27
Unfortunately i've known this was coming since Friday and now it's time to say it. Got a call Friday with Heather (my girlfriend) crying, Bob took a turn for the worst. His kidneys were failing, heart was failing and his body wouldn't accept any nutrients. Sadly there was nothing they could do except make him comfortable. We spent everyday at the hospital with him and he got to come home yesterday to finish out his final days. I got to the house and said hi to him this morning while he was sleeping and then later the hospice people came by to check on him. They then noticed that he wasn't breathing and confirmed that he calmly passed away in his sleep just seconds after his wife, daughters and Heather spoke to him. He was a great man and will always be in our memories and in our hearts. RIP CPO Charles Robert Spence.

JAD_333
16 May 14,, 04:55
Good he could be at home for the final hours. RIP, Chief.

Officer of Engineers
16 May 14,, 05:00
Present Arms!

God Bless.

tbm3fan
16 May 14,, 06:41
So sorry to hear. May he rest in peace. I really don't like hearing these things right now as my father had me over to dinner and afterwards wanted me to do some research on a funeral home and the fact that he can go to a National Cemetery. Gave me his passwords to his accounts if something happens. Due for carotid surgery, left side, yet one doctor says he kidneys are showing signs of decreased function. I have pressed them for more specifics but nothing yet. He told me all this when the second wife was away as she can't handle health issues. Gotta say this task and what he told me weighs very heavily on my mind. He is 88 and is all there so I can't imagine him not being around. So my condolences to your girlfriend's family.

JAD_333
16 May 14,, 20:38
So sorry to hear. May he rest in peace. I really don't like hearing these things right now as my father had me over to dinner and afterwards wanted me to do some research on a funeral home and the fact that he can go to a National Cemetery. Gave me his passwords to his accounts if something happens. Due for carotid surgery, left side, yet one doctor says he kidneys are showing signs of decreased function. I have pressed them for more specifics but nothing yet. He told me all this when the second wife was away as she can't handle health issues. Gotta say this task and what he told me weighs very heavily on my mind. He is 88 and is all there so I can't imagine him not being around. So my condolences to your girlfriend's family.

My sympathies are with you. Age is taking away the senior members of my and my wife's family at a fast clip. It is a trying time, but inevitable.

My father-in-law (ex Navy) recently passed away. Our contact with the VA re headstones and burial in a Nat'l cemetery went very smoothly.

As for handling his estate, hopefully it is in a living trust. We're in probate on my mother-in-laws estate and it's much, much more work and a boon to lawyers. Just when you want to savor a loved one's memory, having to settle their affairs can be terribly distracting.

Wish you and your father all the best.

85 gt kid
26 May 14,, 14:58
Thank you everyone for the kind words they mean alot. Sorry it took so long though it was a busy 4 days after he passed and then I had to go back to work so it's been hectic. Bob was buried with full military honors Sunday May 18th. That was something to see although I never want to go to another. Since then we've been cleaning a little bit and trying to keep Violet's (his wife) spirits up. It won't be the same without him but I know he'd want us to keep it up and make the best of it. Violet is actually going to the beach with some friends so i'm gonna surprise her and paint the trim on her house :).

Again thank you for the kind words!

John