Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that the semester is winding down.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the semester is winding down.................

..................I can turn my attention back to working on my ranch.

Lots of interesting little goodies out there in the surplus economy world. Only.......

.......what could one do with it if they had it?

For instance,

500 gallon water collapsible fabric water drums

Map file cabinets

Oodles and oodles of CPU units (hard drives are pulled)

Somethings out there are more an academic study of how to do it. For example, there are 20 pallets of bricks, TEN THOUSAND of them, that right now on the auction block (T - 5 hours) are at a tenth of what it would cost to buy them at Lowe's or someplace......and right now, at least, that's beyond my capacity, means to go and get them.

So live and learn so maybe the next time, I can go and get them.

.......and somethings are already bypassed. At one point, I was thinking of having a whole bunch of 2nd hand computers to be controllers for this or that, but with everything going on in my life, I usually don't have the time to put all the machines I already have working at their full capacity.

Live and learn.....and have a little fun along the way.

....................of course, if anyone has any suggestions of how to move this, what to do with that, I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
      ....................of course, if anyone has any suggestions of how to move this, what to do with that, I'm all ears.
      What, the bricks? If it's far enough that it doesn't make sense to transport them back, purchase them and line of a local retailer that might be interested. I don't know what you'd do with them otherwise unless you have a big gardening/construction project going on...

Comment

Originally posted by ace16807 View Post
        What, the bricks? If it's far enough that it doesn't make sense to transport them back, purchase them and line of a local retailer that might be interested. I don't know what you'd do with them otherwise unless you have a big gardening/construction project going on...
        i'm trying to build my home on my land and having a bunch of bricks around to do it seems like a good idea to me.

I bought my F250 to haul supplies and conceptually, it ought to have the ability to transport that amount in two, maybe three trips. Problems are, though, at least three.

First, I have yet to learn how to use a trailer with my truck, how to use its massive hauling capacity. Okay, something to work on over the summer.

Secondly, even if they load at one end of the trip, I have the huge problem of unloading at the other end of the trip. Okay, it looks like another project to address over the summer is learn how to use a Bobcat (I think that is the best tool for something like that).

Third, on a more minor level, security on my land for the building supplies I gather, especially when I am not there all the time. Okay, maybe getting it all done (permits, building it) of a barn, at least a temporary structure, may be in order.

............little city girl (well, an army brat) in the country................
        Last edited by Tamara; 30 Apr 14,, 00:25.

Comment

Will you use all the bricks? If not, maybe someone in your area can use some and contribute to moving them in return.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
            Will you use all the bricks? If not, maybe someone in your area can use some and contribute to moving them in return.
            One way or the other, I think 10,000 bricks is far, far short of my needs. Now, mind you, we are talking academically here since that lot was in auction this morning and are no doubt now gone.

But I've seen them around. A lot of pallets of bricks at auction, someone on Craigs List giving away 75% of a pallet, around. There are building supplies out there on the cheap and I need to figure out how to get them in and out of my truck (unit).

I'm building a house, no not a house, a castle, a hacienda, a keep from scratch. If the bricks don't go into the house, they may go into a shed(s). If not a shed, then maybe my driveway. If not my driveway, then into my castle walls.

Or, maybe it will go like this: "Hey, Mr. Home Builder, what can you build for me out of these supplies?".

I have perhaps a $100 grand of cash to build my final home on the land I fully own with the well I have had already drilled. I don't care if the bricks, tiles are mismatched. I want room, I want dreams.

Comment

Tamara,

Are you saying you're a few bricks shy of a full load?

Hard to believe!
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
              X