PDA

View Full Version : Passover and Easter

Minskaya
20 Apr 14,, 12:41
On behalf of the staff here at the WAB, wishing a joyous Passover and Easter to our Jewish and Christian members and guests.

lemontree
22 Apr 14,, 08:14
After 40 days of lent...the first sip of beer tastes like nectar :tankie:

Bigfella
22 Apr 14,, 08:50
After 40 days of lent...the first sip of beer tastes like nectar :tankie:

What, no whiskey? .....or was the beer just to warm you up for the main act. ;)

sated buddha
22 Apr 14,, 09:58
LT lent is like Christian Ramzan?

Doktor
22 Apr 14,, 10:15
LT lent is like Christian Ramzan?

Lent over here means no animal based food and no oils last week.

sated buddha
22 Apr 14,, 10:16

What I meant to ask, in addition to not drinking (alcohol), do you also fast for 40 days?

Doktor
22 Apr 14,, 10:17
What I meant to ask, in addition to not drinking (alcohol), do you also fast for 40 days?

Yes, but unlike Ramazan, you can eat any time of the day.

bigross86
22 Apr 14,, 10:34
Passover is meant to feel to us as if we just left the slavery of Egypt. Now that Passover is finally over, and I can eat Chametz (unleavened bread and byproducts) again, and don't have to suffer through cardboard tasting Matza, I can honestly say that I feel the redemption. In about an hour I'm going to be ordering myself a pie of pizza, and I ain't sharing!

Bigfella
22 Apr 14,, 11:17

I suspect it differs not only by Christian sect, but by local practice too. Many Christians in Australia simply give up 'something' as their act of self sacrifice during Lent. Others barely observe it at all.

Oracle
22 Apr 14,, 13:41
Happy Easter and Passover guys.

Stitch
22 Apr 14,, 20:57
I suspect it differs not only by Christian sect, but by local practice too. Many Christians in Australia simply give up 'something' as their act of self sacrifice during Lent. Others barely observe it at all.

Correct.

Here in America, practicing Catholics give up something they really like for 40 days; my wife gave up chocolate for 40 days, and she was immediately regretting it (though, to her credit, she DID stick to her sacrifice!).