PDA

View Full Version : How Canadian Are You?

Albany Rifles
18 Apr 14,, 14:39
How Stereotypically Canadian Are You (http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/how-stereotypically-canadian-are-you)

I got 29 out of 96 and was rated..

You are as Canadian as two geese standing in a doorway playing a friendly round of “no, you go first!” You are not TRUE-ly-NORTH-STRONG-AND-FREE, but you are still pretty darn Canadian. Although you have some thoughtful and caring Canadian tendencies, you’ll need to implement a few more “sorrys,” snowmobiles and syrup skills into your life.

Blademaster
18 Apr 14,, 16:43
"You are THE ULTIMATE Canadian! And that’s a pretty, shiny high score, eh? You are the most Canadian. You are the model Canadian. You grew up playing pick-up shinny on your backyard pond every winter weekend and maybe even lost a few teeth in the process. You are impossibly polite, considerate, and say sorry at least once in every conversation. Your kitchen is always stocked with KD and you’ve got enough flannel shirts to last you an entire month. While everyone else is enjoying summer you’re depressed because it’s the NHL off season. Raise a bottle of Molson and cheers to your awesomeness (but not too much because you’re a humble Canadian who doesn’t like to draw attention to yourself!)"

Doktor
18 Apr 14,, 17:14
Cheers, Blade!

DonBelt
18 Apr 14,, 17:24
Hmmm. "kind" of Canadian. 31 of 96. But then, I'm a New Englander and a lot of that hockey and snow and maple syrup stuff comes nacherlly. The rest I see at Hampton Beach every summer. I didn't notice speedos on the list however.

DonBelt
18 Apr 14,, 18:41
Speaking of Canada:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadian-press-newsalert-cda-sends-jets-poland-nato-160229143.html

Pedicabby
18 Apr 14,, 19:13
You got 70 out of 96 Canadian things!
imgur.com
You are SUPER Canadian! You are as Canadian as two Mounties tossing a hockey puck back and forth in the great outdoors while humming the national anthem (in English AND French) under their sub-zero-degree breaths.

Monash
19 Apr 14,, 00:56
Apparently I'm not very Canadian at all. I was doing fine until all those stupid questions about Moose and Polar Bears came along and Zambonis, WTF!

sated buddha
19 Apr 14,, 12:00
I didn't get beyond the first check box man.

Officer of Engineers
19 Apr 14,, 16:49
Apparently I'm not very Canadian at all. I was doing fine until all those stupid questions about Moose and Polar Bears came along and Zambonis, WTF!Moose - a very big cow. Polar Bears - salties with fur. Zambonis - the big lawnmowers that keeps your football fields neatly cut.

Doktor
19 Apr 14,, 19:54
Moose - a very big cow. Polar Bears - salties with fur. Zambonis - the big lawnmowers that keeps your football fields neatly cut.

^ Canadian for other English speakers.

DonBelt
19 Apr 14,, 22:12
Don't forget the polarmoose!36373

bigross86
19 Apr 14,, 22:53
You got 9 out of 96 Canadian things!

You are as Canadian as two geese standing in a doorway playing a friendly round of “no, you go first!” You are not TRUE-ly-NORTH-STRONG-AND-FREE, but you are still pretty darn Canadian. Although you have some thoughtful and caring Canadian tendencies, you’ll need to implement a few more “sorrys,” snowmobiles, and syrup skills into your life.

Doktor
19 Apr 14,, 23:34
Don't forget the polarmoose!

Or the Stealth Moose

Monash
20 Apr 14,, 06:50
Moose - a very big cow. Polar Bears - salties with fur. Zambonis - the big lawnmowers that keeps your football fields neatly cut.

Upon reflection Colonel, I think you might be correct. Australians might may be Canadians by default and vice versa. Two vast nations united by a shared history, a love of wide open spaces and a disdain of baseball.

Officer of Engineers
20 Apr 14,, 06:55
So you won't take SWSNBN either, eh?

snapper
20 Apr 14,, 07:14
I also score 'two geese' on this register but if I ever had to leave Europe for one reason or another - and I'd rather lay down my life in defence of the liberties of the European nations than depart - I would look to Canada first to to seek a new home.

Doktor
20 Apr 14,, 09:33
So you won't take SWSNBN either, eh?

You have the southern neighbors as a final destination for it and the other tool.

Besides, Aussies have all those exotic life forms around their coast, just in case.

Doktor
20 Apr 14,, 09:36
I also score 'two geese' on this register but if I ever had to leave Europe for one reason or another - and I'd rather lay down my life in defence of the liberties of the European nations than depart - I would look to Canada first to to seek a new home.

You can't apologize enough to blend in. If I am to ever depart my country for whatever reason, I'd pick Australia first, then Canada. Can't stand the cold.

Minskaya
20 Apr 14,, 11:16
17 out of 96

Not very Canadian minded

Sorry Colonel :tongue:

Minskaya
20 Apr 14,, 11:24
Looked it up. Canada has the third largest population of Ukrainians after Ukraine and Russia.

Officer of Engineers
20 Apr 14,, 11:54
You can't apologize enough to blend in. If I am to ever depart my country for whatever reason, I'd pick Australia first, then Canada. Can't stand the cold.We don't have big poisonous snakes nor spiders.

Doktor
20 Apr 14,, 12:04
We don't have big poisonous snakes nor spiders.

I am aware of the cons, just the cold is my enemy. I know many people who moved to Canada and are very happy to wear long sleeves in June. Not for me.

Officer of Engineers
20 Apr 14,, 12:41
I am aware of the cons, just the cold is my enemy. I know many people who moved to Canada and are very happy to wear long sleeves in June. Not for me.Long sleeves in June? If you're not wearing shorts by Feb, you're not a Canadian.

Doktor
20 Apr 14,, 13:24
Long sleeves in June? If you're not wearing shorts by Feb, you're not a Canadian.

Most of those I know are first generation immigrants.

Officer of Engineers
20 Apr 14,, 13:40
Mind you, most of those shorts wearing Canadians in Feb are in Florida. Never said we were all stupid.

astralis
20 Apr 14,, 16:02
i forgive Canada for SWSBN as Canada also gave us Cobie Smulders:

Albany Rifles
20 Apr 14,, 23:08
Mind you, most of those shorts wearing Canadians in Feb are in Florida. Never said we were all stupid.

Tell me about it Colonel. A lot of those Frostbacks are bent a menace on I-95 these days. Had 3 run ins with bad with bad Canadian drivers yesterday in a 10 mile stretch....nothing like an RV on your bumper doing 70 in a 55 MPH zone....and when I could finally pull over to center lane, which was packed, it zoomed past me...towing an Explorer.

It's a Spring Ritual I do not enjoy.

DonBelt
20 Apr 14,, 23:16
Or the Stealth Moose

I can't see him. Where is he? :tongue:

Pedicabby
21 Apr 14,, 01:02
i forgive Canada for SWSBN as Canada also gave us Cobie Smulders:

Mmmmmm Donuts..........

astralis
21 Apr 14,, 02:06
prolly tim hortons, too...

cataphract
21 Apr 14,, 02:15
Upon reflection Colonel, I think you might be correct. Australians might may be Canadians by default and vice versa. Two vast nations united by a shared history, a love of wide open spaces and a disdain of baseball.

Of course. What is Canada but a colder, bogan-free, poisonous mammal-free (am I being redundant here?) version of Canada? You have your Foster's and we have our Molson's. We're united by shitty beer and a common language.

cataphract
21 Apr 14,, 02:17
prolly tim hortons, too...

Timmies is like the Walmart of coffee. We do have nicer coffee up here too.

Pedicabby
21 Apr 14,, 11:45
Timmies is like the Walmart of coffee. We do have nicer coffee up here too.

A jumbo double double from Timmies is pure bliss compared to the shit coffee the rest of the world drinks.

Monash
21 Apr 14,, 13:39
Of course. What is Canada but a colder, bogan-free, poisonous mammal-free (am I being redundant here?) version of Canada? You have your Foster's and we have our Molson's. We're united by shitty beer and a common language.

Not sure if Canada is bogan free but it does produce some good whiskey and we produce some good wine so we can both avoid bad beers if necessary. A for poisonous mammals, I think I would prefer to be spiked by a platypus rather a porcupine.

Officer of Engineers
21 Apr 14,, 15:46
Yeah, we have beaver tails ... and I'm not talking deep fried dough or that big rat.

Albany Rifles
21 Apr 14,, 16:24
A jumbo double double from Timmies is pure bliss compared to the shit coffee the rest of the world drinks.

Coffee is meant to be consumed black, no sugar.

Any other way ruins it.

Give me a Dunkin' Donuts or Tim Hortons any day.

Starbucks sucks....

Parihaka
21 Apr 14,, 18:47
Who knew Americans didn't have kinder surprises?

S2
22 Apr 14,, 03:56
16 out of 96.

This calls for a song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJkXkvLNs6U

We're fortunate having Canada as our northern shield. They truly relish killing with kindness.

Bigfella
22 Apr 14,, 04:03
You can't apologize enough to blend in. If I am to ever depart my country for whatever reason, I'd pick Australia first, then Canada. Can't stand the cold.

Love to have you Doc. Just eat plenty of Vegemite to keep the drop bears away & NEVER go outside....except when you bug bomb the house to kill the spiders;) Oh, and watch out for the kangaroos. Just talked to a guy whose stationary car was attacked by a 'roo. Fast, strong & hostile. Eating them is the best revenge. :biggrin:

Gun Grape
22 Apr 14,, 04:53
Got 3 out of 96.

Would have done worse if not for the Avril Lavigne questions.

Now for a real Canadian song. With Mounties and everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

cataphract
23 Apr 14,, 00:27

It's cheaper to just buy a bag of milk and add sugar to it. It'll have more caffeine than a Timmies anyway. Yes, rest of the world, we get our milk in bags.

Gun Grape
23 Apr 14,, 01:23
It's cheaper to just buy a bag of milk and add sugar to it. It'll have more caffeine than a Timmies anyway. Yes, rest of the world, we get our milk in bags.
Milk in a bag is no big deal.

What I cannot wrap my brain around is that you defile the Nectar of the Gods with milk and sugar.

Doktor
23 Apr 14,, 05:38
He is an infidel!

*Looks at BF, too* :biggrin:

sated buddha
23 Apr 14,, 06:26

So do we Indians.

bigross86
23 Apr 14,, 08:01
Same here. I mean, we get them in cartons too, but most people do bags.

Bigfella
23 Apr 14,, 09:32
He is an infidel!

*Looks at BF, too* :biggrin:

What'd I do now?? :confused::confused:

Doktor
23 Apr 14,, 09:34
What'd I do now?? :confused::confused:

It's what you didn't. Having a coffee.

Bigfella
23 Apr 14,, 09:41
It's what you didn't. Having a coffee.

Yup. Never touch the stuff.

Coffee liqueur, Bailey's Irish cream, coffee flavoured ice cream all good, but actual coffee? No. Means there are several suburbs of Melbourne I am banned from and I got strange looks all over Ethiopia, but never acquired a taste for the beverage.

Doktor
23 Apr 14,, 11:32
Same here. I mean, we get them in cartons too, but most people do bags.

Many countries in Europe went few steps beyond...

Can't remember the last time I bought a milk from a bag. It's available, but I am lazy to pour in a vessel, boil it, then pour from it into another vessel, then wash both...

sated buddha
23 Apr 14,, 13:28
In India, we boil everything. No amount of pasteurization or water purification technology can take the place of simple old school boiling and filtration.

Pedicabby
23 Apr 14,, 13:41
Milk in bags is a new thing in England and not widespread. I only noticed it about a year ago.

Pedicabby
23 Apr 14,, 13:42
In India, we boil everything.

I don't blame ya. I would too.

gunnut
17 May 14,, 00:19
In India, we boil everything. No amount of pasteurization or water purification technology can take the place of simple old school boiling and filtration.

We did that back in Taiwan. I grew up on powdered milk. My parents still boil water every single morning to make their tea 'til this day, in the US. They don't trust the water from the faucet. They never have to worry about water borne illness that occur here from time to time. The advice from the news channel is always this: boil the water...

gunnut
17 May 14,, 00:56
I'm afraid I'm not very Canadian. I missed a lot of points on living in the cold. I did feel terrible when the US Women's team blew a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes to go in the gold medal game.

Does watching the CSpan coverage of the Canadian election earn any points?

Here's Canadian hospitality:

-8haHgfq2x4

sated buddha
17 May 14,, 06:40
We did that back in Taiwan. I grew up on powdered milk. My parents still boil water every single morning to make their tea 'til this day, in the US. They don't trust the water from the faucet. They never have to worry about water borne illness that occur here from time to time. The advice from the news channel is always this: boil the water...

Yup, we do that at home too. We have these huge copper urns with water that are boiled on the gas. Then covered with lids, and allowed to cool down. And then one by one, depending on consumption rate, poured through a fine muslin cloth (doubled up) into an eartheware pot with a lid and a tap (matka we call it in Hindi). This keeps the water cool and fresh the whole day, and is the drinking and cooking water source for the whole household.

Even when going outdoors, or even outstation, we prefer to carry this water for the kids rather than buy bottled mineral water.

Doktor
17 May 14,, 09:32

Is there any other way to make tea without boiling the water?

sated buddha
17 May 14,, 09:53

Doktor
17 May 14,, 10:02
I've been doing it wrong all the time :biggrin:

1. Boil the water
2. Put the tea in the boiled water
3. Leave it like that to cool down
4. remove the tea
5. put in the fridge
6. put ice cubes
7. serve

If you are a Canadian, skip steps, 3, 5 and 6 :hug:

sated buddha
17 May 14,, 10:09
I just mix Nestea into chilled water, and serve with ice cubes, a lemon wedge, and a sprig of mint leaves.

Does that mean you're more Canadian than I am?

Doktor
17 May 14,, 10:25
Nestea? Really? You have all those herbs around you, you practically invented the tea and you make Nestea while you call yourself Indian? :biggrin:

I am 2000 miles closer to Canada :whome:

sated buddha
17 May 14,, 10:26
Nestea? Really? You have all those herbs around you, you practically invented the tea and you make Nestea while you call yourself Indian? :biggrin:

See. I'm not as Indian as I try to make myself out to be. :)

I'm actually part Canadian. Part Brazilian. (ok that did not come out right .....)

Speaking of herbs and tea and me, I do make a mean saffron tea .....

Doktor
17 May 14,, 10:27
Don't want to know which parts you talk about. Really don't!

gunnut
18 May 14,, 22:15
Is there any other way to make tea without boiling the water?

Yes, powdered iced tea:

Amazon.com : Lipton Iced Tea Sugar Sweetened Iced Tea Mix, Natural Lemon Flavor, 70.5 Ounce Containers (Pack of 2) : Powdered Soft Drink Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food (http://smile.amazon.com/Lipton-Sweetened-Natural-Flavor-Containers/dp/B0006004C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400447648&sr=8-1&keywords=lipton+ice+tea)

:biggrin:

Doktor
18 May 14,, 23:08
Bet your parents in Taiwan had plenty of those ordered via Amazon.

artur axmann
23 May 14,, 03:43
Canada jails its own people for talking about gas chambers. a nation of losers .

Officer of Engineers
23 May 14,, 04:48
Hey Asshole, two nothing over your Germans. Figure it out!