PDA

View Full Version : Im thrilled beyond words and scaared to bits at the same time

bolo121
03 Apr 14,, 14:02
Against my better judgement the wife and I have taken the plunge into parenthood.

After a few nervous days In the NICU I just held my son for the first time today.

Bigfella
03 Apr 14,, 14:09
Congratulations mate. The start of the biggest & most important of life's journeys.

Tamara
03 Apr 14,, 14:12
Never forget the immortal Arthur C. Carlson's words about child raising.....................

..................................."Insure everything and hope for the best."...............

tankie
03 Apr 14,, 14:29
Do's n donts , dont let him have a motorbike until he passes the test , do give him all your worldly experience when old enough in the pursuit of pussy and how best to avoid paying for the rest of his life for it ,,,,,,just like the rest of us , and keep him on the right road . :biggrin:

You and he should be in for the best part of your lives , fishing / hunting / watching big games / boozing ? / and generally being best friends ,if he wants the forces later on , tanks are to be avoided , a trade is the way , mechanic , n god forbid , an engineer :tongue: cherish your Son , both you n mum , forever .;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3dQ0nnlHY

Officer of Engineers
03 Apr 14,, 14:34
*** Sitting back and laughing my head off at the misery about to come ... and missing those moments big time ***

Albany Rifles
03 Apr 14,, 14:47
*** Sitting back and laughing my head off at the misery about to come ... and missing those moments big time ***

We need a triple lick button....

Bolo, your worst days going forward will now be better than your best days in the past.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

DonBelt
03 Apr 14,, 15:09
You will now discover that everything you were sure that you knew before no longer applies.

bolo121
03 Apr 14,, 15:56
Thanks guys, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can be a proper dad for him.

Oracle
03 Apr 14,, 16:19
Many congratulations to you and your wife!

If you're in South India, make sure you keep your son away from toys like Teddy bear, which accumulates a lot of dust, and is the main cause of Asthma in newborns.

Officer of Engineers
03 Apr 14,, 17:02
Just have a good washing machine. This will be one of the hardest lessons for parents. Children need to get sick. That's how they build immunity but the heavens know that it never seems to end.

Oh, about being a proper dad? Take a load off your mind. You won't be. You will be happy to just survive the experience ... and then marvel just how well you've done despite the angst.

dave lukins
03 Apr 14,, 17:18
Many Congratulations to you both. Don't worry too much...your time to relax will come in about 20/25 years. If you are lucky. No matter the future you will always remember this day. :danc:

Doktor
03 Apr 14,, 18:50
Congratulations, mate. May he live long and prosperous life.

That said, yours just got postponed for at least 20 years, hope you will like it.

Parihaka
03 Apr 14,, 20:08
Fantastic. Everybody tells you what a responsibility it is, which it is. Everyone tells you how exhausting it is, which it is.
Practically no one tells you how much fun it is, and it is.

Officer of Engineers
03 Apr 14,, 20:17
Why should we tell him that? We want to scare the crap out of him.

Doktor
03 Apr 14,, 20:54
Fantastic. Everybody tells you what a responsibility it is, which it is. Everyone tells you how exhausting it is, which it is.
Practically no one tells you how much fun it is, and it is.

Party-breaker.

You are a bit late and he is so busy to read this anyway.

bigross86
03 Apr 14,, 21:30
Congrats!!!!!

Parihaka
03 Apr 14,, 21:47
Why should we tell him that? We want to scare the crap out of him.

Heh

JAD_333
03 Apr 14,, 22:53
Congrats. You'll worry no matter what anyone says. That's the nature of parenthood. But years from now you'll see that you managed somehow. Do the right things and everything will turn out fine. Just don't over-indulge the kid. Best wishes to you and the mother. :)

bolo121
04 Apr 14,, 04:42
He is up to 2200 grams in weight now but is a pretty laid back little guy, very little crying.
So far we are getting 4+ hrs of sleep easy.

tbm3fan
04 Apr 14,, 05:33
Congratulations and by the way I see this as a piece of cake for you. I don't know how old you are but between me and my 5 year old son there is a 55 year gap. So imagine the look on my face when he says Daddy let's race and he isn't talking cars.

chakos
04 Apr 14,, 08:16
Congratulations Bolo :)

Im about 9 weeks away from mine if the due date is accurate, getting a little nervous myself.

Bigfella
04 Apr 14,, 08:36
Congratulations Bolo :)

Im about 9 weeks away from mine if the due date is accurate, getting a little nervous myself.

Bloody baby boom around here at the moment. Still adjusting to the idea of you as 'Dad'. :biggrin:

citanon
04 Apr 14,, 08:58
Congrats!!!

lemontree
04 Apr 14,, 10:30
Congrats...
So your next movie with your wife will be in 2018. We'll fill you in all the latest happening movies.

REMEMBER - after birth many women go through post-natal depression (as if we did'nt have to deal with the mad cow syndrome every month ...now this)...yeah this happens. Pamper your wife, be with her, phone her from office, chat with her on whatss app. Make her feel special.

Minskaya
04 Apr 14,, 10:59
Big congrats :)

snapper
04 Apr 14,, 15:27
Congrats to you and you Lady Wife.

sated buddha
04 Apr 14,, 17:12
Congrats Bolo. Wow its baby season here on WAB. Health, wealth, happiness always to your son. This day stays with you forever. And you will never forget their lil baby smell and how they feel cradled in your hands.

Gun Grape
05 Apr 14,, 19:10
Congrats.

Now is when you start to understand the things your father did.

And all those promises you made "When I have children I'll never do....." go out the window.

Tamara
06 Apr 14,, 03:17
Congratulations and by the way I see this as a piece of cake for you. I don't know how old you are but between me and my 5 year old son there is a 55 year gap. So imagine the look on my face when he says Daddy let's race and he isn't talking cars.

You'll just have to pick the conditions of the race right. Most people will beat me flat in racing two lengths of the pool.........I'll sink them easily in a mile swim.

About worry, I'm sure you will! I worry about my pets, especially the cats when they go out the door. Now imagine it, find out about it, many magnitudes worse.

bonehead
06 Apr 14,, 06:28
The good: A child will make you grow into a better person in ways you can't imagine and fill you with a wonder only parents can experience.

The bad: You are going to have to lock the bedroom door whenever you want to get intimate with the wife from now on.

The ugly: ..You will have at least 3 months to worry about the lock.

Monash
06 Apr 14,, 10:09
Congratulations, you have taken on the most important job in the world but I'm sure you and your wife are up to the challenge. With grandparents watching on and offering 'advice' at regular intervals of course.

Doktor
06 Apr 14,, 13:23
Congratulations, you have taken on the most important job in the world but I'm sure you and your wife are up to the challenge. With grandparents watching on and offering 'advice' at regular intervals of course.

Grandparents advice... good luck going into arguments with them. They will always close it with "Hey, we raised you, so we know what not to do".

Tamara
18 Apr 14,, 10:39
Well, here's a concern to add to it, latest entry to my building your own home thread, "Childproofing your library" (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/world-affairs-board-pub/64685-anyone-here-ever-design-build-their-own-home-3.html#post956071).